mesmer raiding question/looking for advise

in Mesmer

Posted by: Belishine.7493

Belishine.7493

i know that nomades armor and wepons with minstral is realy strong for tanking. soo my question is is comanders everything worth it for tanking? im just looking for what you guys think. im thinkin it might help my raid group becouse the loss way to mutch dps in most raids

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sephylon.4938

Sephylon.4938

The amount of dps you’ll personally get as a chronomancer switching from minstrel to commanders, or zerks for that matter, is minuscule at best. The boons you give to the group will account for more, in terms of group dps, than you as a chrono ever will irregardless of the stats you use. With that being said, as long as you can pump out the perma alac and quickness, while maintaining the highest toughness in the group, I see no harm in doing so.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

The amount of dps you’ll personally get as a chronomancer switching from minstrel to commanders, or zerks for that matter, is minuscule at best. The boons you give to the group will account for more, in terms of group dps, than you as a chrono ever will irregardless of the stats you use. With that being said, as long as you can pump out the perma alac and quickness, while maintaining the highest toughness in the group, I see no harm in doing so.

its like what 8kdps? might be even more

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sephylon.4938

Sephylon.4938

In theory. I’ve seen zerk mes pull off anywhere from 6-8k dps, and I was able to pull off anywhere from 4-5k as a commanders mes. As a full minstrels I can do anywhere from 2-3k.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

If your raid group is missing DPS, switching from minstrels to commanders is not going to make a difference. At best you could push out maybe 5k-6k additional DPS, but that’s just not going to matter much if the rest of the group isn’t doing well.

Do you monitor the quickness and alacrity uptime on your group? That’s the primary control that a mesmer has over DPS. If you’re not producing very high uptime for both, try and improve your play to accomplish that, as it will matter far more than any gearing changes.

If your buff uptime is already good, then you need to just start looking at the rest of the group. See what the might stacks look like, check the DPS of your eles and such, that way you can figure out where the problem is.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

iv seen zerk chrono pull dps s high as 13-14k and yes zerk can make a difference it provides dps whochcan be meaningfull if your group needs dps but if your group is good with their rotation and just just you can go minstrel for more support

in Mesmer

Posted by: Belishine.7493

Belishine.7493

ok everyone thanks for the advise ill see if i can fix my alacorty uptime and see if i can up the party dps

in Mesmer

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

I foolishly made Commander’s Gear with my envoy armor for my Chrono and haaaaaaaaated it. It’s like the worst of both worlds, especially if you PUG a lot.

You’ll be a lot happier with Minstrels for tanking (especially in PUGs). Even Full Zerk (with like a few toughness pieces to keep agro) is better than Commanders because at least your dps boost is more substantial.