mesmers and fractals....portal change

in Mesmer

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

“Mesmer Portals can no longer be interacted with when there is an obstruction between them and the player”

HORRIBLE!

who agreees – agree with me, enough so that anet will fix this back. why? there is a fractal dungeon where you need the whisps to open the gate to the mossman. Well thats no longer able to be done with a mesmers help. as the trees block the path.

I demand this skill be reversed!!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

I am still fuzzy on the wording. Does it mean you must have line of sight between entrance and exit, like with blink? or does it mean that you can’t enter the portal entrance located on the other side of a wall from you?

If its line of site only now… then the only use of it now really is to pre set a WvW dual so that you force your opponent to spin every which way for the duration… and culling abuse…

in Mesmer

Posted by: tqhx.2190

tqhx.2190

You can still do that, it means if there is a wall between you and the portal you are attempting to click F on, you cant use it. You can still portal from one side of a wall to another

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sladeakakevin.4162

Sladeakakevin.4162

That means if there is a wall or object between you and the portal, you wont be able to use it. You can still have portals with objects inbetween them though.

Before “demanding” things like a little kittening kid, try understanding a simple sentence.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Try thinking out the sentence. You can’t interact with a portal when there is an obstruction between you and it. The only blocked is interaction and you interact with the entrance portal, not the destination. So assuming there isn’t an object blocking this interaction, the portal will work as normal.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

It is vaguely worded, but the responses seem to have it right. This was in issue in WvW with Mesmers portaling people into keeps through the water “pipes”.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gwaiyn.4395

Gwaiyn.4395

i’m going to quote myself here for people who still don’t understand how mesmer portals work

there’s a difference between an obstruction between the “player and the portal” and an obstruction between “a portal and a portal”

i’ll now give a demonstration of how portal works now

Player = T
Portal = _
Obstruction = I

T I _ _
you can’t use the portal because there’s an obstruction between the player and the portal

T I _

there’s nothing obstructing the player and the portal therefore you can use it, however, there is an obstruction between the two portals

Gwaiyn – 80 Thief
Ryfaul – 80 Warrior
Fluene – 80 Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snoxx.7943

Snoxx.7943

It’s an important fix to prevent exploits in WvW.

Swamp fractal is still doable. Just place your first portal at the destination point and move towards your wisp-carrying comrades. You should be outside the first tree wall before it closes/changes, then meet your group members there and place the second portal. Easy! (and btw, swamp fractal is also doable without mesmers/portals, think about it)