"more reliable swiftness"

in Mesmer

Posted by: papacooldown.9482

papacooldown.9482

+2 sec on temporal curtain swiftness, and a 12.5% chance once every 10 seconds to gain swiftness on a signet. I just walked around for 5 minutes with the signet on and it didnt proc swiftness once….

Sure the extra 2 seconds is a buff but man I feel like we got short changed by the dev who came in on the +25% necro/ranger movement thread and said we were getting ‘mostly more reliable swiftness’.

Papa Cooldown – Mesmer
[BLNT] Better Luck Next Time
Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

When out of combat, making it only proc the swiftness boon would be more reliable. But in this case I guess they would have to reduce its duration so that it’s not up 100% of the time. Then when you get in combat, it gets the regular effects.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

dont forget ele they got thiers buffed too !!!!!!!!!!! lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

I agree. I don’t get how a random proc chance and an extra couple of seconds translates to more reliable swiftness.

Why didn’t they just re-do the awful trait that gives us a little speed for each clone we have up, which is unreliable because of needing to be in combat and still means we have lower speed than other who run signet, even though ours requires 10 spec points.

Overall very disappointed with this being our more reliable speed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

I know this is not about reliable constant speed buff but I want to recomend my latest guide as its alot about movment and how to as a mesmer catch other players who try escape. Its a effective way to sprint catch somone at 2k + distance.

/Osicat

ps also see my guide, latest patch buffed thie spec in its fundament and its stronger than ever. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/guide-WvWvW-Shatter-cat/page/7#post1002186

in Mesmer

Posted by: Einherjar.6709

Einherjar.6709

Would be nice if they just got rid of the random boon crap and given a +25 passive movement speed buff, and on use you got a few random boons for a given duration on a given cooldown.

Please rethink this Anet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

It is pretty clear at this point that mesmers by design are the slowest out of combat profession in the game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I’m not convinced that any of the devs even play mesmer.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: sinican.9250

sinican.9250

I have to waste so many talents/skills/wepskills just to come close to keeping up with the mobility of all the other classes :/

Movement speed is one of those things that has to be equal across the board because of a whole slew of issues. Without mentioning all the PvP disadvantages, look how advantaged other classes are for these stupid holiday events and PvE where their passive movement speed all but gives them free achievement points/gifts, it is a design fail, you have to make movement speed universally available (I’m not talking about temp sprints and whatnot, even those have to have some semblance though) .

in Mesmer

Posted by: sil.4160

sil.4160

has anyone noticed the curtain swiftness don’t stack duration

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

We’re still phantasmal slugs and even backback phase retreat don’t make up. Glad they decided to revert signet nerfs though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Squad mates in WvW used to get mad at me because I couldn’t keep up on Mesmer as hard as I try.

I predict this will now be worse.

Thanks?

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

/kerona, if you running in a squad in wvwvw al should have same swiftness buff and run in a cluster or you do something wrong. Imo your squad need some traning in keep together and fight as a team and its not your fault for not run as fast as them, its the squad officers headace.

Even a 4+ man team should have a dedicated speed buffer.
/Osicat

in Mesmer

kerona.3465

/kerona, if you running in a squad in wvwvw al should have same swiftness buff and run in a cluster or you do something wrong. Imo your squad need some traning in keep together and fight as a team and its not your fault for not run as fast as them, its the squad officers headace.

Even a 4+ man team should have a dedicated speed buffer.
/Osicat

Keep in mind not all classes have a shared swiftness buffs, while the classes with speed passives simply zoom by the rest of us and have to wait for us slowbies to catch up to share their swiftness. Now, even more so as the speed passives have been more than doubled.

Maguuma [PYRO]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

Only classes left without speed passives are what? I have not played Guardian or Warrior.. but other than Mesmer who else is in need of one?

in Mesmer

kerona.3465

Only classes left without speed passives are what? I have not played Guardian or Warrior.. but other than Mesmer who else is in need of one?

Necro – Signet and Passives
Ele – Traited Passives and Signet
Ranger – Signet
Thief – Signet and Passive (in stealth)
Warrior – 10% Passive while melee weapon
Engineer – 25% Passive in combat or 10% Passive while kit is on

Mesmer – STILL hope you have a focus.
Guardian – none, but multiple reliable long duration hastes on common weapons.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_speed

Maguuma [PYRO]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Guardian – none, but multiple reliable long duration hastes on common weapons.

Guardian also has a couple of shouts which grant swiftness, one of which provides a very long duration speed buff on a reasonable cooldown (20 sec uptime, 60 sec CD base. 30 sec uptime, 45 second CD traited), which also provides the buff to the entire party, and it also grants partywide aegis.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

Well an eng needs to put 20 points into Inventions and 20 points into Tools to get those speed boosts. Which for any eng to spec that way (both) would limit them severly. So I would not consider those two as speed benifits for the most part. I even tried out the 25% in combat speed tonight on my eng, and it was only marginally usefull. Not enough for me to spec Inventions that high.They do have a med kit speed, and potion they can use. So they do have more options than a mesmer. But I still feel my mesmer is faster overall, even though I still wish we had a “more reliable swiftness”.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

It is pretty clear at this point that mesmers by design are the slowest out of combat profession in the game.

Focus + blink spam = faster or equal as fast (at least) as perma swiftness. I know this because I play a lot of wvw where everyone has permaswiftness, and my mesmer can keep up the pace with others (swiftness on them). So in fact necro’s are on same lvl, if not worse.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Mesmer

kerona.3465

Focus + blink spam = faster or equal as fast (at least) as perma swiftness. I know this because I play a lot of wvw where everyone has permaswiftness, and my mesmer can keep up the pace with others (swiftness on them). So in fact necro’s are on same lvl, if not worse.

What?

Necros are one of the faster classes in this game. 25% speed signet, Spectral Walk 30 Seconds of Swiftness, Horn 4 Skill and two speed traits:

Quickening Thirst (+10% with main-hand dagger or +5% with offhand dagger)
Speed of Shadows (while in Death Shroud)

Heck, they can even blink to their Flesh Worm minions at 1,200 if they really want to.

Maguuma [PYRO]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

You got trolled.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

kerona.3465

If that’s trolling, someone needs lessons.

Maguuma [PYRO]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bellocchi.4593

Bellocchi.4593

What?

Necros are one of the faster classes in this game. 25% speed signet, Spectral Walk 30 Seconds of Swiftness, Horn 4 Skill and two speed traits:

Quickening Thirst (+10% with main-hand dagger or +5% with offhand dagger)
Speed of Shadows (while in Death Shroud)

Heck, they can even blink to their Flesh Worm minions at 1,200 if they really want to.

And even with all that they can`t escape from anyone. Maybe from Mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Well an eng needs to put 20 points into Inventions and 20 points into Tools to get those speed boosts. Which for any eng to spec that way (both) would limit them severly. So I would not consider those two as speed benifits for the most part. I even tried out the 25% in combat speed tonight on my eng, and it was only marginally usefull. Not enough for me to spec Inventions that high.They do have a med kit speed, and potion they can use. So they do have more options than a mesmer. But I still feel my mesmer is faster overall, even though I still wish we had a “more reliable swiftness”.

Engineer is easy. “Gain 5 sec of swiftness when you equip a kit” – practically perma swiftness when running around. Especially if that kit is Med Kit which has a swiftness skill.
So it costs 10 points in tools.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Squad mates in WvW used to get mad at me because I couldn’t keep up on Mesmer as hard as I try.

I predict this will now be worse.

Thanks?

Hahahaha. Anet should play mesmer in wvw just to see how horrible the class is in it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: oneleggedpony.8531

oneleggedpony.8531

has anyone noticed the curtain swiftness don’t stack duration

Yup, if Arenanet fixed that – swiftness would be alot easier to keep up – especially with 6/6 centaur runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: papacooldown.9482

papacooldown.9482

Well my intent was not to start a mesmer bashing thing, we are in a great spot balance wise, the swiftness thing is basically quality of life for wvw and pve. I dont advocate homogenizing professions but I feel that out of combat run speed should be pretty much normalized because lets be honest running across a BL to catch up to your group is quite a drag without swiftness.

Papa Cooldown – Mesmer
[BLNT] Better Luck Next Time
Tarnished Coast