noob memser seeks help...video inside

in Mesmer

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

hello
I’m just starting to learn condi mesmer and I found my physical dmg is consistantly equal
to if not higher than my condi dmg at the end of every game
I’m using carrion ammulet

is that normal?
I have posted my build in the videos
can anyone tell me what i’m doing wrong?
video 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYKZO9YRG2M

video 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1YHYeyfihg

in Mesmer

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Your build looks more like some sort of hybrid phantasm build. Persisting Images, Persistence of Memory… GS, sword… You’re all over the place.

You might want to check out some condition builds posted here or shudder Metabattle, use those, and make changes as befitting your play style.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

its seems that your conditions as expected doesnt last long enough also so your direct dmg goes higher that your condi

in average condi meta build you should do around 250 condi and 180-200 direct

but guard has many blocks cleanse, necro transfer and cleanse and DS
so you dont have much chance to reached those numbers

when you get more higher ranked you will see less DH and have the chance to do better

in Mesmer

Posted by: Havardmj.8570

Havardmj.8570

Vid1:
0:00-3:00
You went mid and bursted a necro, which was good, but spending 2 dazes is a big investment.
You probably should have started stomping right then, and used distortion for safe.
The moa wasn’t your fault, but you could have used skill number 5 to evade with it.
Your rev dies, not your fault, but you could have chaos stormed his body and tried to res.
Then you do a one clone shatter, which i don’t recommend, and the clone runs in and dies to aoe.
Then you dodge absolutely nothing. Twice. I would definitely heal here btw.
Then you go very close to the necro, which i wouldn’t recommend you do to any class.
Stay at a comfortable range where nothing can surprise you. In this particular fight, i would recommend staying on the edge above the point I would probably also chaos storm here.
Then you take some cc and a shatter, which could have been avoided, but kitten happens.
At this point, you have 3 clones up, and have distortion ready. Would recommend using. Then you could heal, use signet and have all shatters ready, and have blink ready as well.
Nevertheless, using pr as a stunbreak could have been a great solution since it might have ported you up on the wall, all for a 8 second cooldown. But decoy, pr and blink is way too many cooldowns to spend.
Now you’re low on defensive cooldowns. At this point i would probably disengage and go far, getting back some cooldowns and the best heal in game: out of combat.
At 50% hp and no defensive cooldowns, you enter the point again, then you’re quickly down to 25%. This is while your other mesmer is stomping the nec. Remember that your distortion applies to allies as well. I would pop f4 then disengage here. Securing a stomp as well as your survival.
Then you go way too close with 4k hp and die.
I would not tryhard in downstate here. Pressing 1 is fine, and helps your team, but you don’t want to spend more time in downstate than you have to. Your team weren’t close enough, nor showed any desire to res you.
Now you’re at spawn looking at your minimap. you’re 3v5 The thief is going far, the warrior should be noticing how outnumbered you are on mid, and not engaging since they have full cap. This is where you should go far with the thief and warrior, so you force them to split, and probably fight for the cap on far, while mid is theirs, and close is yours. When they go close, your dead allies will get up in time to defend.
Then you engage the mesmer, which i would not recommend, not only since you’re gonna be outnumbered very soon, but they also have the full cap.
Then you do a one clone shatter, which i don’t recommend. Then you dodge nothing. Then you dodge a shatter, which is good. Then you run up, which isn’t gonna do much. It’s their point, and staff auto attacks do nothing.
Then you don’t dodge the obvious shatter, since you already wasted a dodge. Jumping down or blurred frenzy are your 2 options here.
I would place the chaos storm on top of the other mesmer, then run into it, letting my team mates benefit from it as well. Another option is placing it on the warrior that’s dying. Ressing him is something i’d consider, since you have distortion ready. This is still a bad engagement to take by the way. They’re 4, and it’s their cap.
Then you eat a burst from the dh. Then you dodge nothing.
Downing the mesmer doesn’t achieve anything, since the inevitable happens. The 2 people killing the warrior come on point and it’s 4v2. Not counting the thief, since he makes no difference being there. They res the mes, which they can, since it’s 4v2. The rev dies.
Then you spend blink and decoy, which would be defensible if you blinked towards close instead of still on mid. Now decoy was a waste. Popping signet is good, but after heal, now look at your cooldowns. You have nothing except pr to escape with. Would definitely avoid engaging anything right now.
The thief is kitten, and i would not stay near this point since it’s 4v1 and still their cap. Placing chaos storm on the point is something i don’t recommend.
The guard jumps on you, and you dodge nothing and do a 0 clone shatter, which i don’t recommend.

And kitten this is time consuming. Hope i don’t sound very negative. Just trying to deliver what you wanted. Hope this helps!

in Mesmer

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

no no, thank you for taking your time
it’s very help time
i’ll slowly go over this