odd chronomancer question....

in Mesmer

Posted by: shahryar.8437

shahryar.8437

I know it is not required to use the shield but do the other weapons work decently with chronomancer?
And if you use a shield do you really need to use a sword or would a shield scepter work okay?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Sheild Scepter is great. Also the shield is by no means required its just really really good.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

You don’t HAVE to use anything. I’m using pistol for power and torch when I got condi on my mes, shield felt like turtle overkill for me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: yiksing.9432

yiksing.9432

I still use scepter torch and staff on chrono

in Mesmer

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

I know it is not required to use the shield but do the other weapons work decently with chronomancer?
And if you use a shield do you really need to use a sword or would a shield scepter work okay?

Offhands of mesmers are all very versatile all of them has their purpose. Pistol is Cc and normal dmg with minor condition.
Sword has good cc and block, shield has even stronger cc and block.
Focus is for utility (its a little bit underwhelming comparing to other oh weapons)
Torch is stealth and condi.

Your mainhand is whats giving you the main purpose → condi or norm

So you can use whatever combination you want if it fits your playstyle.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

pve, pvp, wvw? everything depends on the situation, but in general the shield can be paired with everything and is most of the time (exceptions) a weapon you should use.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Step.1285

Step.1285

For PvP? Shield is probably what you want. If not that, then maybe Torch, or maaaybe Pistol if you’re taking a bleed-based condition build.

WvW… no idea.

And for PvE, pretty much everything has a use. Torch for stealth, Shield for party alacrity, Pistol for condition DPS, Sword for single-target power DPS, Focus for reflects/swiftness/grouping. You will probably get the most mileage out of shield if you do a lot of instanced group content (and I also find it quite nice for open world too), but Chronomancer doesn’t really have any off-hands that aren’t worth using.