one would think people will hate mes less

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

after so many nerfs
we got :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Balance-ideas

Mesmer:
Illusions can no longer follow the player. This enables counterplay in the form of LoS’ing. In other words they can only rush to where the player is, not follow where he is going to be.
Confusion access reduced 15%
Signet of Illusions deleted from the game, cooldowns on profession skills remains intact.
Phase Retreat now a 15 second cooldown.
Ether clone reworked to not generate clones (potentially overpowered)

in short : people in pvp forum still want to delete entire core mes class .its not a surprise tho

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Thats because PvP players are bad at the game.

I’ve said it before but people running around zerg events on their guardian spamming staff auto attack know more about the game mechanics then pvp players.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Considering the relatively high skill floor to be a good mesmer, much less a great one that can dominate in PvP, there is no reason to nerf core mesmer skills. And its laughable that he thinks our confusion is on the same level of evil as a necromancer’s condition application

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

Considering the relatively high skill floor to be a good mesmer, much less a great one that can dominate in PvP, there is no reason to nerf core mesmer skills. And its laughable that he thinks our confusion is on the same level of evil as a necromancer’s condition application

well condi mes pre-nerf was pretty easy , still higher skill floor than most if not all meta build hot introduced tho .

the one got me is" mes illusion shouldnt follow the player. and its for counterplay "

in Mesmer

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

PvP skills, traits, CDs, etc. should be totally independent and probably different from PvE. Problem solved.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

For a moment I came in here and thought this was a real patch…

kitten , don’t scare me like that! :o

in Mesmer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Me too, I was seriously about to flip my computer desk…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I’ve said it before but people running around zerg events on their guardian spamming staff auto attack know more about the game mechanics then pvp players.

Ahhahahahahaha

The idea that 1 spam PvE’rs know anything about the depth of combat in this game…

HAHA! Funniest thing I’ve read on the forum in ages.

It’s been a while Levetty but you’re still capable of an instant classic.

~wipes tear from eye

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Ahhahahahahaha

The idea that 1 spam PvE’rs know anything about the depth of combat in this game…

~wipes tear from eye

They know how to cleanse conditions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fjaeldmark.9043

Fjaeldmark.9043

The problem lies in the mesmer’s perceived power level. Because of their abilities mesmers are really good at killing bad players. After said bad player losses do they: A ) reflect of the fight and try to see what they did wrong or B ) run too the forums with “OMG MEZMUR OP PLZ NEFR”?

(edited by Fjaeldmark.9043)

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

The problem lies in the mesmer’s perceived power level. Because of their abilities mesmers are really good at killing bad players. After said bad player losses do they, A) reflect of the fight and try to see what they did wrong or run too the forums with “OMG MEZMUR OP PLZ NEFR”?

Well to be fair those players also complain about every class that kills them, unless it was someone playing the same class. Then it clearly needs a buff.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Ahhahahahahaha

~wipes tear from eye

Oh sure. After regularly timed intervals and some huge boss animation.

That and as a consequence of spamming through their skill bar.

XD

Of course in PvP, PvP’rs know its best not to get hit in the first place.

also hilarious how there’s been a flood of "PvE"r activity in PvP looking to get their hands on the cool backpiece skin for their mad rad lookin’ toons.

Anyway, its been fun.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Ahhahahahahaha

~wipes tear from eye

Its a better method then to whine on the PvP forums untill Anet nerfs the condi build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

Ahhahahahahaha

~wipes tear from eye

Its a better method then to whine on the PvP forums untill Anet nerfs the condi build.

This thread is making me think of this video XD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFZ3sKYZEkE

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Ahhahahahahaha

~wipes tear from eye

This thread is making me think of this video XD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFZ3sKYZEkE

Lol, that’s awesome.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

They nerfed Bayonetta?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

I saw a dude complain about how Mesmer clones should be labelled clones so it wouldn’t be so confusing.

This is the level of SMRT we’re dealing with.

in Mesmer

Posted by: epoc.7941

epoc.7941

Meh everything but moa never bothered me on mes, they’re not easy to play and if you take the time to learn how to fight them then it’s not all that hard either. Just wtf moa? It’s the most unfair skill in the game. dragons maw (I think that’s what ts called) the necro freeze elite, thieves basilisk venom, rev jade wind, ranger imobilize, all of these are game changers if you time them well you can kill someone fast but the counter play is there for you to fight u can stun break and get back in the fight you know with your own skills on the class you took so much time to learn. Moa on the other hand leaves you defenseless with the only option to run unless your opponent has -10% hp and you can down him but not all mes are that dumb. Idk with all the great things ey could’ve done moa is lazy and really I never thought belonged in the game either on mes or engi. I think Anet can come up with a equally game hanging elite to replace moa that still allows a player to make use of his class mechanics to try to defend himself….. Otherwise mes is fine

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I had a scrapper whisper me today in WvW calling me a hacker because I used portal to get back into a tower without busting down the wall. He then proceeded to call me a condi mesmer till I pinged him my gear. He then decided it didn’t matter because mesmer is face roll unlike scrapper….

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

@apharma – Clearly you didn’t get the memo. As of the April 19th patch, any action which requires more than zero thought is now the result of hacking. ANet decided that to level the field they would ban any actions that required even a minimum of thought so those poor scrapper players could have a chance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I had a guy swearing that the enemy was hacking cause they got into a recently patched outer. I said they had a mesmer but he insisted they didnt. It happened again 3min later and again he insisted, except this time there was 4 of us standing on yet another portal. And still he insisted they were hacking…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

XD

Of course in PvP, PvP’rs know its best not to get hit in the first place.

also hilarious how there’s been a flood of "PvE"r activity in PvP looking to get their hands on the cool backpiece skin for their mad rad lookin’ toons.

I don’t know…

I mean sure sPvP is more “busy” than most PvE, but … every time I look at sPvP I feel like someone decided other games did group PvP way too well so someone had to make a totally borked and rubbish version in GW2 to “be in with the cool crowd”.

And since then hasn’t realized that nothing about the combat, graphics, engine or anything supports that type of play. No wonder balance is totally rubbish either, if you try to balance with something in mind which runs so opposed to the rest of the game.

Meanwhile, I’ll just play more MOBAs for group PvP. Those actually get it right, partially because they’re guilt around it. Rather have a top-down camera but an otherwise workable PvP game.

That’s not to say that PvE is complex or anything, though raids show some promise at getting there when the organization is included (same reason raidleading was fun in WoW, did it for 8 years: the problem was not in what every person did individually but in getting 25-40 players to all work seamlessly together). But PvP is such a mess that it really ought not to figure into any discussion other than whether to make it a separate game and try again, hopefully better this time.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

For a moment I came in here and thought this was a real patch…

kitten , don’t scare me like that! :o

Me too, I was seriously about to flip my computer desk…

The sad part about this is, with mesmer nerfs you never know.

Some of them where so hilarious that you couldn’t tell the fake from the real patch notes. :/

But PvP is such a mess that it really ought not to figure into any discussion other than whether to make it a separate game and try again, hopefully better this time.

Pssst, the 2-3k twitch viewers during tournament finals might hear you.

All jokes aside, I do hope they get some fixes in for the spvp crowd. Let’s hope those are actual useful spvp fixes and not stuff that the devs come up thank to the new pve crowd in that game mode.

in Mesmer

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

after so many nerfs
we got :

Mesmer:
Illusions can no longer follow the player. This enables counterplay in the form of LoS’ing. In other words they can only rush to where the player is, not follow where he is going to be.

This would DESTROY TO OBLIVION chrono and mesmer on PVE, not gonna happen.

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Khyber.1284

Khyber.1284

LOL that post (OP link to post) literally made me laugh,might as well delete mesmer while you’re at it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Pssst, the 2-3k twitch viewers during tournament finals might hear you.

Yeah I know, or the 15 or 20 remaining players! :o

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.