opinions on build

opinions on build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sweeps.3059

Sweeps.3059

So I found this build http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mesmer_-_Staff_Clone_Condi
on the meta battle site under the testing section and had a lot of fun with it last night.
I was wondering if anyone can surgest some inprovements that I could try later.
I am no expert on mesmer but I love the class in pop just the whole deception and the staff is my favourite weapon.
Thanks

opinions on build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Well, desperate decoy looks kinda bad in that. you will basically always have staff projectile in the air, and if it procs while you’re autoattacking (which you mostly will be doing), you’ll get revealed right away.

Anyways, looks like a really passive and boring build. Just autoattacking and phase retreating.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

opinions on build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wile.5024

Wile.5024

Like Noss said this build is bad, desperate decoy is worthless… you can also mess decoy up with the same thing. Cooldowns are shared for the staves so picking double staff just for the sigils is a bad idea.

I imagine this build would be ok at the lowest possible tier of play.

opinions on build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sweeps.3059

Sweeps.3059

Ha ha ha ha ha probs why it works for me as am still so new to mesmer.
Guess I will check the forums and see if there are any other interesting builds out there to try.
Thanks for the constructive criticism guys.

opinions on build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

For “entry level” builds you’re on a right track. Condi builds are generally a bit more forgiving because you likely have quite a bit of toughness, and the builds usually run staff and torch.
I’d suggest you try 4/4/0/0/6 MtD shatter with staff and X+Torch. The skill floor is lower than standard shatter and you still learn to use shatters and boonstrip properly.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer