phantasms dying on gorseval?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kolzi.5928

Kolzi.5928

I just did gorseval for the first time since the spring patch and noticed my phantasms were dying all the time. Anyone else encounter something similar? I couldn’t pin point what was doing it, I was wondering if the adds were targeting them, they were dying to gorsevals retaliation or taking full damage from one of his aoes…

It’s kinda weird to me, I’ve never had this trouble before. Maybe it was related to a different healer I guess? I was pugging rather than running with my usual group.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

What phantasms were you using?

Usually I see them die to the adds as they’re usually the nearest enemies to the adds and sometimes your phantasms hit the adds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Can’t say I’ve noticed this happening before. The only time my phantasms die without me causing it is my pDefender dying due to damage transfer. My normal phantasms never die to stray damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kolzi.5928

Kolzi.5928

Hmm yeah dunno, I killed gorseval again this week with my regular group on monday and didn’t have the issue. Maybe I was getting really unlucky with the adds targeting my phantasms. I was using a mix of wardens and avengers. Wardens obviously do aoe and I believe the avenger attack can bounce to enemies as well as allies.

(edited by Kolzi.5928)