question:what is decent dps for a mesmer atm?

in Mesmer

Posted by: rainbow.4695

rainbow.4695

Hello. I run a tanky power build in wvw at the moment, is good , I can win most of 1v1 but sometimes it seems that I don’t have enough DPS and a duel can take long time. I want to ask what is considered a good DPS for a Mesmer and also going full berserker shatter is the only way to achieve a high DPS /burst? Thank you

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

dps – dmg per second – which is more for burst dmg like power shatter
sdps – sustain dps – the average dmg over the period of your fight – this is more important value than dps.

so usually mesmer when roaming go with power shatter full zerk . while its hard to 1vx it can burst almost anyone in 2-5 seconds if timing it right. but the sdps is pretty low as you have to w8 for the right moment against above the average players
so the same sdps can be achieved with condition too…

so go full zerk 4,4,0,0,6 build

in Mesmer

Posted by: SpiritualAwakening.5347

SpiritualAwakening.5347

Yeah I haven’t played any builds besides zerk shatter that match up in the raw, quick dmg. Like messiah said, you can take folks down pretty fast with good timing. And even if you can get a good initial Mind Wrack in can drop someone down to ~25% hp and force them to burn heal and then just kinda kite and/or LoS them until you can drop another big shatter.

Unless thief.. then its just accept your fate haha