rampagers gear build?

rampagers gear build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MylesTheLionGomez.1496

MylesTheLionGomez.1496

Just finished leveling my memser….looking for a build using a rampagers armor set. Why? BC I have a fullset and don’t really wanna invest too much time into it, my guardian is my main and I’m good at that. This is just for fun and I don’t wanna suck terribly bad(but I don’t have to be Max/min either) so far I like using gs/staff but I’m not set on those really…I lvl’d to 64 then crafted the rest of the way and only used gear that I got through personal story or mob drops…

Any help will be appreciated thanks

Diadi: Guardian 80
Lyonrwar: Ranger 80 Lyonswrath: Mesmer 80
SoR :: Ethereal Guardians

rampagers gear build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Something with Sharper Images and Shattered Strength.

Excessive stealth might also synergize well.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

rampagers gear build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I’m thinking sword pistol and either greatsword or staff. Staff gives burning, and greatsword clones give more bleeding.

I’m thinking it would be a phantasm focused build as opposed to a shatter build. The most potent one would be the iDuelist for bleed stacking.

I’m thinking something like 10.30.0.10.20 or 20.30.0.0.20 or perhaps 10.20.0.20.20

rampagers gear build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Definitely staff! The auto attack scales decently with power and bounces. It also causes burning and the clnes use the same auto-attack. Traited with shaper images, the clones will cause bleeding on every crit as well. Then you can toss in the superior sigil of earth so 60% of your crits cause bleeding too. Greatswords work well too for the same reasons, though they benefit more from the power than condition damage.

I actually prefer rampager over berzerker because I use staff clones a lot and it provides a decent middle ground. If they are allowed to live, they do decent condition damage. If not, I can easily go shatter crazy and still pump out the same damage numbers.

rampagers gear build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

If you like GS/Staff and run with Rampager’s, here is a shatter/condition build I run with often with that gear. It’s a basic shatter build spec but with added condition damage.

Staff/GS clones give respectable bleeding w/crits. You are loaded with boons with Staff skills and might from GS mirror blade (large amounts of might is great for this build, hence the Orrian Truffle/Meat Stew food). Illusionary Elasticity provides a great fun factor with some extra damage from both staff auto-attack and GS mirror blade.

I typically run with Mirror for heals to keep up swiftness w/Centaur Runes. It’s also nice for projectile reflection. Of course you could use something else for runes if you don’t care about the swiftness, such as Adventurer (Condition Dmg/Power) or Fire/Strength (Power/Might Duration).

http://tinyurl.com/cmw9xaz

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

rampagers gear build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

I once calced the effective damage of GS#1 vs Staff#1. The Staff usually wins there. Even with alot slower atkspd, the burning just deals lots of damage (assuming the target can burn). But since burning lacks the “stack-ability”, the #1 attacks are somewhat equal. The more you stack up condmg, the better the staff, the more pow/crtdmg, the better the GS.
Ignoring burnings weaknesses, you could also get rabid gear (condmg, prec, tough) over rampager (prec, power, condmg), when using the staff. But you’ll suffer badly when fighting burning immune targets.

rampagers gear build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I use full Rampager’s at the moment on my Mesmer, and while I like the GS, the Staff is far better suited to a Rampaging build.

I spec 0/20/20/0/30.

Major traits are:

Desperate Decoy
Deceptive Evasion

Debilitating Dissipation
Chaotic Dampening

Precise Wrack / Confusing Cry (depending on how I feel)
Illusionary Elasticity
Illusionary Persona

The extra bounces from Illusionary Elasticity help spread conditions and keep Vigor up almost constantly, meaning more dodges and therefore more clones.
Illusionary Persona means an additional 33% shatter effects; I keep close to the enemy to ensure maximum splodeyness.

I’ll investigate using an Earth sigil, but at the moment I’m addicted to Air, as it’s cheap and procs ridiculously frequently with the bounces and my high precision for oodles of extra damage.

I keep a Greatsword on hand for those times I need iZerker and some instant, high single target damage, but I just love dodging around the battlefield like a madman, shattering large amounts of illusions with insane frequency.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

rampagers gear build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Oh wait.

Use GS and Staff kitten And agree with Elasticity just because GS and Staff.

Sharper Images mandatory. Base build 0/20/0/0/20. Extending off that, probably pick up 1 weapon trait (whichever weapon you personally like to use as primary), and then consider other stuff (defense/utility traits in Chaos/Insp or IP basically).

IP could get your Might stacks up to like 15-20 or so sustained. Good kitten times. However, Chaos/Insp are a serious consideration because PvE Rampager has 0 defensive stats.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

rampagers gear build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Yep, with GS#2, Shattered Strength and food you are pretty much perma-might solo. This build melts nicely when in a party with guardians/warriors giving you the full 25 stacks.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

rampagers gear build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MylesTheLionGomez.1496

MylesTheLionGomez.1496

Ty guys will definitely be fiddling around with all these ideas

Diadi: Guardian 80
Lyonrwar: Ranger 80 Lyonswrath: Mesmer 80
SoR :: Ethereal Guardians

rampagers gear build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Suzut.4905

Suzut.4905

I used to run this for PVE:
http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.8.7.3.0.20.23.17.0.4.180.196.197.0.0.5.5.6.528.0.0.542.549.550.0.0.0.575.0.0.588.595.0.10.30.0.10.20

It focuses on hybrid damage. Direct damage, as well as condition stacking with iDuelist and Staff Clones. I’m Asuran, and I use Radiation Field and the defensive golem in dungeons and whatnot. You can pick up Scepter over Sword if you dislike fighting close quarters. If you do, swap out Compounding Power for Master of Misdirection.

It’s nice because you can run this on Ascalonian gear (Rampager armor and Soldier weapons).

I have been testing Pyroatheist’s PVE Support build though.

(edited by Suzut.4905)