shatter mesmer

shatter mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Oswaldzl.3652

Oswaldzl.3652

after the critical damage nerf, i just cant do damage with shatter Mesmer in spvp…..to npc and golems.. Can you guys still do damage?

shatter mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

It sucked pretty bad, made me switch to an even glassier spec to make up for the damage loss. Shatter was already bad enough considering it was a rollercoster ride. You still cant get away from it completely since boon stripping is one of the only things making us worth a dps slot in SPvP comps.

shatter mesmer

in Mesmer

Oswaldzl.3652

try scholar runes

shatter mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

I haven’t had much issues with damage. I’ve just been having trouble dodging condition spam. It takes more managing for meaningful burst is all, nbd.

shatter mesmer

in Mesmer

Oswaldzl.3652

get the condition removal mantra

shatter mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: PhDusk.2590

PhDusk.2590

Damage was buffed slighly thanks to runes and sigils, otherwise shatter damage is the same from pre-patch. Aka it is still lackluster.

Zhang He Dusk, Mezviableplz
[PETP][AyB][BKB]
Mesmer-Thief-Guard

shatter mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

after the critical damage nerf, i just cant do damage with shatter Mesmer in spvp…..to npc and golems.. Can you guys still do damage?

According to Anet, the crit damage nerf only affected WvW and PvE. They said they left the crit damage the same in PvP, where it was already weaker than its counterpart in WvW/PvE.

If you think you’re doing less damage now, you’re either imagining it or your opponents are spec’d tankier.

Second Child

shatter mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Damage numbers all round are lower on my shatter build in WvW. I too went more glassy to compensate. Double sigil procs are useful, yet shatter is undoubtedly the worse it’s ever been.

It would be nice if Anet at least attempted to revitalise one of the funnest build types the class has to offer. Buffs to Mental Torment, Precise Wrack and Shattered Strength would be a nice start.

Gandara

shatter mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Critical damage in sPvP hasn’t changed with the patch, so there’s a DPS buff with new sigils and runes. Strength runes are a very good dps booster.

About WvW, shatter is still one of the best ways to go.
In large scale fights, shatters are the only reliable AoE damage against skilled zergs.

About small scale fights, it’s quite difficult for enemies to have attention to shatter bursts, and the lacks of shatters disappear, as you’re not focused all the time and your teammates can support you in a hurry.

Duels is the only place where shatter builds have lost strength. Burst has been tone down and they suffer a lot with condi-spam builds. But you can still melt people with skill.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

shatter mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

The only problems with shatter is the highest damage you can do requires so much set up, and is super easy to avoid. Condis kill you super fast, and Regen builds can out sustain your damage. You do to little for so much effort. And frankly the AoE is pretty much point blank and does peanuts.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”