show illusion health in dots?

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’m guessing this has been raised before, but I’m wondering if a lot of people would benefit from some simple health indication in the dots. Even if it just had full dot for full health down to 50% and half-filled dot for anything below 50%, it would help me.

I can never see illusion health bars in the midst of a big fight. I know a lot of illusions die really quickly. I’m using illusionary defender plus Persisting Images. So sometimes mine last a few seconds, and it would be helpful to have a little more info (I can never see their health bars in the middle of a fight)

Would it help anyone else?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

We do have two colors.

They’re pink when the illusion is alive. Then an instant later when they get hit by a single AA swing, or AoE tick, they turn gray.

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Really? As someone who’s red-green color vision deficient, the dots always look gray to me.

I’ll have to see if I can see anything about a change in darkness…

Thx!

in Mesmer

Posted by: SPNKr.6208

SPNKr.6208

Lol okay, that was a joke. What Ross meant was that illusions die in one hit anyway.

I’ve never felt something like that was necessary, but I suppose it would be a nice QoL change, like others’ suggestions about different colours for illusions and phantasms.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Yeah a health indicator seems a little redundant, but what I would like to see is an indication of whether how many of my illusions are clones or phants. In the hectic arena of PvP that would be useful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Lol okay, that was a joke. What Ross meant was that illusions die in one hit anyway.

I’ve never felt something like that was necessary, but I suppose it would be a nice QoL change, like others’ suggestions about different colours for illusions and phantasms.

Yeah but I think OP actually is colorblind. I doubt Anet will change anything, people with low vision still cant read their mantra charges.

OP remember you can have six+ Illusions out at once, when Illusions are shattered they don’t count towards the bar but then three dots will show there are between 3 and 6+ out.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Lol – colorblind, old and gullible – seems like a pretty apt description for me

Ironically, with the announcement today that non-targeted creature damage will be greatly reduced, this feature request might actually have some value (at least in PVE)

I’m not worried about having an indicator about how many total illusions I have out. I was just looking for some kind of hint to make the decision between shatter or losing the illusions. The specific cases I’m think about are things like these:

- I have two illusions out and no skill that’s going to give me another one right away and I have all my shatters available. I would probably go ahead and shatter if I saw both were low on health (especially with the free clone on two-illusion shatter)

- Or alternatively, I have three illusions up and one shatter skill available, but I would prefer to use another one. If I can see that all of them have high health, I might wait for the preferred shatter.

Of course, I might spaz out and just shatter somewhat randomly even if I had better information

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Lol – colorblind, old and gullible – seems like a pretty apt description for me

Ironically, with the announcement today that non-targeted creature damage will be greatly reduced, this feature request might actually have some value (at least in PVE)

I’m not worried about having an indicator about how many total illusions I have out. I was just looking for some kind of hint to make the decision between shatter or losing the illusions. The specific cases I’m think about are things like these:

- I have two illusions out and no skill that’s going to give me another one right away and I have all my shatters available. I would probably go ahead and shatter if I saw both were low on health (especially with the free clone on two-illusion shatter)

- Or alternatively, I have three illusions up and one shatter skill available, but I would prefer to use another one. If I can see that all of them have high health, I might wait for the preferred shatter.

Of course, I might spaz out and just shatter somewhat randomly even if I had better information

The difficulty is how the shatter bar depicts illusions.

After you shatter the illusions aren’t dead until they shatter or are destroyed.

So while they are running to your target you can summon even more Illusions. The shatter bar will show the how many non destroyed Illusions you have a number which is between 0 and 3+

Changing the color based on health will show very inaccurate data.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

I guess what I’m suggesting is that, in addition to some level of health indication, when you shatter all the dots that represent illusions who have been committed to the shatter are blanked out.

So in my model, the dots would only indicate illusions that were available for shattering.