sigil of rage/agility/concentration

in Mesmer

Posted by: est.9210

est.9210

so for raid chrono quickness boon time

sigil of rage: only superior : 50% Chance on Critical: Gain Quickness (3 Seconds) 30sec cd

sigl of agility: on all level sigil: 1 second of quickness when you swap to this weapon (and swiftness time..not concerned) 10 sec cd

sigil of concentration: 33%boon time over 7 sec

on off hand weapon which sigil is good? my main hand has sigil of force

i’m thinking on my shield i can use sigil of con, and on my other set’s off hand which is a sword or focus i can use low level sigil of agility bcoz what i do with the off hand weapon is just summon phantasm

any thoughts guys?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

Id go main hand concentration off hand force if I had the money

in Mesmer

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Concentration on main hand, force on all off-hands.

in Mesmer

Molch.2078

How do you keep a decent quickness uptime on 10 people without runes of the chronomancer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Heyhey!

Use Force and Accuracy for the dps focused build (3x iSwordy) or Force and Air for the alacrity focused build (3x iAvengy).

Concentration is obsolete with the proper gear → Surging + Bountiful Sharpening Stones or Leadership runes.
It also screws up when you do CS or when you stay a bit longer on a weapon set to do proper rotations → keep ToT on cooldown for 4 of them per CS.
Concentration is only good if you play sword + nothing / nothing + shield and if you have to get boonduration due lacking revenant presence. If you are rich, keep one weapon with it in your inventory. It also requires Bountiful Sharpening Stones to be good.

Rage and Agility are garbage, don’t think about those.

Greez!
Madame Le Blanc

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Molch.2078

Why is my reply now before your post? This forum, I swear…

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Why is my reply now before your post? This forum, I swear…

I accidently doubleposted and only edited the 2nd one, while the first one has been deleted ^^‘’ The forum is fine, I’m not ._.

I made a vid about the rotation. It’s not 100%, it’s like 90%~ tough. If you got questions or a better idea, lemme know!

Greez!

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Mesmer

Molch.2078

Now I understand how you fit 4 ToT in 1 continuum split

Since you usually play focus/shield for pulls (and therefore dont profit from +20% AS for illus), have you tried to use inspiration for more quickness over illusions, at least for gorseval/sabetha?

You also should go zerk. No reason for assassins in raids.

But here is the thing: Chronomancer rune + Concentration gives more quickness, no doubt. It also gives more Damage, since Chrono runes give better stats than leadership + accuracy (255 offensive stats on leadership + sigil, 275 on the chrono rune) AND acurracy doesn’t affect phantasms.

I think after the alacrity nerf we have to sit down and think again anyway. But hey, alacrity doesnt affect weapon swap, and concentration is dependend on good weapon swaps, so its an indirect buff for conc. :P

(edited by Molch.2078)

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

In that video I played shield and sword, maintaining 3 iSwordies for max personal dps. I’m not quite sure wich is more beneficial for the team, more alacrity or 10k personal dps. Especially when alacrity gets tuned down from 40% to 25% cdr on 100% uptime.

But yea, the other option with wich I agree with you is full zerk and the alacrity focused build with 3x iAvengy:

Use Force and Accuracy for the dps focused build (3x iSwordy) or Force and Air for the alacrity focused build (3x iAvengy).

The reason why not to take Concentration is it’s lack of flexibility:

It also screws up when you do CS or when you stay a bit longer on a weapon set to do proper rotations -> keep ToT on cooldown for 4 of them per CS.
Concentration is only good if you play sword + nothing / nothing + shield and if you have to get boonduration due lacking revenant presence. If you are rich, keep one weapon with it in your inventory. It also requires Bountiful Sharpening Stones to be good.

I got a recommendation from a friend to use or test concentration and and I was happy getting me one and I also carry around weapons with it. But I use it under the mentioned circumstances, but outside of that, it’s just not good enough in my opinion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

In that video I played shield and sword, maintaining 3 iSwordies for max personal dps. I’m not quite sure wich is more beneficial for the team, more alacrity or 10k personal dps. Especially when alacrity gets tuned down from 40% to 25% cdr on 100% uptime.

But yea, the other option with wich I agree with you is full zerk and the alacrity focused build with 3x iAvengy:

The reason why not to take Concentration is it’s lack of flexibility:

It also screws up when you do CS or when you stay a bit longer on a weapon set to do proper rotations -> keep ToT on cooldown for 4 of them per CS.

I got a recommendation from a friend to use or test concentration and and I was happy getting me one and I also carry around weapons with it. But I use it under the mentioned circumstances, but outside of that, it’s just not good enough in my opinion.

Maybe its off topic, but how does Concentration work with Signet of Inspiration?

Right now I run my Chrono with Traveller runes, Rabid gear and Berserker trinkets. I am trying out different combination with sigils and traits which look like Bloodlust in some combination (on GS or Staff) with Fraility (stacking extra vuln. from hits) on GS and Blight (60% chance of poison) on Staff. On Sword it is Sigil of Fire and shield have Doom. My average stats are something around 1800 for Power, Toughness 1340, Precision around 50% and condition around 800. I Rare Veggie Pizza with 18% more condi duration (much cheaper then max 20%) and either Sharpening Stone or Tuning Crystal depending on what I feel will offer more effect during combat.

It looks like GS+Sw+shield with Sharpening Stone and Rare Veggie Pizza with Chrono buffed for alacrity on self from trait, re spawn of phantasm and super speed on illusions works well enough to solo a camp with those nasty Zealots and Cabalist with their annoying pulls, especially if they are two can be very hard to deal with for solo a camp. BD does wounder to keep those pulls down to a minimum. With Signet of Inspiration I also get some extra heal (regen), aegis, swiftness and might among other which help to keep me alive.

In a group I only need to change trait from Dueling and Domination to a more group support trait like Chaos and Inspiration, so Concentration might be useful on a combination with Chaotic Persistence from Chaos and Illusionary Inspiration from Inspiration.

Would Concentration be worth it for this kind of build in WvW and maybe HoT maps?

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

I know literally NOTHING about wvw :‘D just that i’m still missing a spoon from wvw hehe xP

but concentration does not work with soi, since soi just copies boons, not new generates them.