so there are some terms i saw in pvp forum

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

those are almost from random people in random posts , like someone in a post about DH being underpowered is calling for mes nerf with pure quaggon logic .

it starts from double moa to

double shatter
double heal
double f5
perma block and perma evade
endless stability
cancerous chaos line
cancerous inspiration line
broken build with chaos and inspiration line
op lockdown ability
stealth moa
stealth 100-0
have all conditions burst on you
mes is anet baby

before condi mes is a thing
i heard instantly cast mirror blade
instantly cast full shatter combo
“i cant heal when a mes nearby coz powerblock ”
best heal skill in the game
best mobility (yep i heard it before )

btw i like to see how people pretend that portal has no cd and illusion in team fight is unkillable .

long ago before june patch i was running a CI build ,a thief jumped on mes and spammed as many skills as he could have in chaos storm .

sometimes i wish those people can get same result as that thief on forum :
screen will be white and black ,they will scream and then the annoying heartseeker spam will be stopped by HS with might stacks and lightning strike .may their soul never return .

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

You forgot the most common one: “Mesmers got buffed.” Its followed by, and forgive the paraphrase: “The sky is falling, Mesmers are so OP, Anet, please kill all Mesmers.”

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I know idiotic comments about class balance are a staple of MMO forums but I honestly can’t think of a worse pvp community then this games.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

If the PvP community understood why Anet doesn’t listen to all their suggestions, you wouldn’t see that kinds of comments there. It amazes me that they think they know better, with some of the nonsense I’ve seen (coming from otherwise very intelligent players).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

You forgot the most common one: “Mesmers got buffed.” Its followed by, and forgive the paraphrase: “The sky is falling, Mesmers are so OP, Anet, please kill all Mesmers.”

The one thing to note is that instead of starting with “mesmers got buffed,” this can alternatively start with “mesmers didn’t get nerfed hard enough,” or “I saw a Mesmer today and they weren’t dead already.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Adrenalin.5719

Adrenalin.5719

Yes, it’s a joke how this broken class got actually buffed. Already most mandatory class for raids and meta BEFORE the buffs in conquest. Who the kitten is even responsible for the balance of this game?

fanboy | A passionate fan of elements of geek culture, letting his passion override social graces
and common sense.

in Mesmer

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

This is why all PvP traits and skills should be a totally separate independent set from PvE. For us who main-side in the PvE world the nerfs as a result of PvP commentary ruins it.

For Anet’s failed attempts to balance game play they should realize that PvE and PvP fall under two separate requirements and the skills/traits should be completely separated with different CDs, dps baselines, etc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

The one thing to note is that instead of starting with “mesmers got buffed,” this can alternatively start with “mesmers didn’t get nerfed hard enough,” or “I saw a Mesmer today and they weren’t dead already.”

Well stated, and unfortunately true. I just didn’t expect this much Mesmer hate this soon over so little. I shouldn’t be surprise though; I remember back in the day when I focused more in 1v1 match ups rather than team play in sPvP and run Moa for that reason. Can’t tell you how many times I was cursed out for “moa-ing” someone. Now the funny thing is, I get moa-ed more by engi than Mesmer, not often, but still some irony there. Just not understanding all the Mesmer hate especially on sPvP forum. Nevertheless, well put, especially the last line.

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’m reluctant to poke my head in there again because I don’t want an unnecessary headache reading the usual nonsense that is posted.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

So I figured it out, mesmers are Kralkatorrik minions, so its not a PvP match but a mini-boss fight. PvM – Player versus Mesmer! The other 4 players are just adds/trash mobs.

The new meta will be a 5 man comp—tank, dps and one support just to take on the mesmer and their triple alacrity uber PU shatter attack, all the while dodging the power wells of timey-whimey stuff.

Attachments:

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

(edited by Expiatus.4210)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cataca.3867

Cataca.3867

So I figured it out, mesmers are Kralkatorrik minions, so its not a PvP match but a mini-boss fight. PvM – Player versus Mesmer! The other 4 players are just adds/trash mobs.

The new meta will be a 5 man comp—tank, dps and one support just to take on the mesmer and their triple alacrity uber PU shatter attack, all the while dodging the power wells of timey-whimey stuff.

Usually when a match starts and i see no mesmers on the enemy team, i just tell everyone to sit back and ejoy, because i got this. I then just press my elite and have 90% uptime of moa on everone. Because continuum split allows me to travel back in time, thus clone myself and multiply my uses of everything. The issue is when another mesmer is on the team, then its called the “time wars” and the server is likely to explode.

In all seriousness though, i think the biggest issue with the mesmer is that its counters are not meta faceroll builds. DH were pretty decent against mesmers in s2 already and looking at the buffs to warrior and thief in particular it seems those two professions will have a much easier time with mesmer, assuming equal skill levels.

We’ll have to wait and see, right now its as likely the rioters will storm Anet first and force them to nerf mesmer. (and that is before s3 even started)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Usually when a match starts and i see no mesmers on the enemy team, i just tell everyone to sit back and ejoy, because i got this. I then just press my elite and have 90% uptime of moa on everone. Because continuum split allows me to travel back in time, thus clone myself and multiply my uses of everything. The issue is when another mesmer is on the team, then its called the “time wars” and the server is likely to explode

I came here for proof mesmer is OP and I found it. *Scurries off to send this to the devs.

But seriously, mesmer was on the OP side before the update, everyone simply expected it to get some shavings to decrease the power creep that occurred with HoT.

Classes people wanted to see nerfed in S2:
Necro (condi dmg)
Mesmer (Moa + condi pressure)
Rev (dmg/sustain)
DH (burst)
Scrapper (sustain)
Ele (sustain, although they had no alternative so they got spared)
Ranger (rezes nerfed)

What happened:
Necro (Condi dmg nerfed)
Mesmer (slight buffs)
Rev (slightly touched in terms of both damage and sustain)
DH (burst slightly lowered, and made harder to pull off with the bow changes)
Scrapper (sustain nerfed)
Ele (slight buffs to try and give them another build outside support)
Ranger (rez ability nerfed)

So some people are surprised with mesmer, and since ele wasn’t really killing anyone, just supporting, people are more frustrated with mesmer. I personally think that nerfing moa would be enough for this upcoming season. I’m very excited to see how things develop. However, mes was already played a lot at the higher level last season, it didn’t get nerfed like the other outliers, and its main counter (reaper) got nerfed. Some claim warrior can fill this role now, but I’m not so sure. Mes is still a squishy class, so nerfs will have to be carefully considered.

One last thing, a lot of people (myself included) consider fighting mesmer to be the least fun fight in the game. However, the problem is made much worse when you get two mesmers or three (especially if they look the same). I hate any meta where mesmers have large presence. I like having a few of them around, but they simply siphon fun away when their numbers increase. (Funny considering mesmer is all about clones, but it just gets annoying seeing 10 characters who look alike. Focusing a target is a pain.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zarathustra.1458

Zarathustra.1458

Usually when a match starts and i see no mesmers on the enemy team, i just tell everyone to sit back and ejoy, because i got this. I then just press my elite and have 90% uptime of moa on everone. Because continuum split allows me to travel back in time, thus clone myself and multiply my uses of everything. The issue is when another mesmer is on the team, then its called the “time wars” and the server is likely to explode

I came here for proof mesmer is OP and I found it. *Scurries off to send this to the devs.

But seriously, mesmer was on the OP side before the update, everyone simply expected it to get some shavings to decrease the power creep that occurred with HoT.

Classes people wanted to see nerfed in S2:
Necro (condi dmg)
Mesmer (Moa + condi pressure)
Rev (dmg/sustain)
DH (burst)
Scrapper (sustain)
Ele (sustain, although they had no alternative so they got spared)
Ranger (rezes nerfed)

What happened:
Necro (Condi dmg nerfed)
Mesmer (slight buffs)
Rev (slightly touched in terms of both damage and sustain)
DH (burst slightly lowered, and made harder to pull off with the bow changes)
Scrapper (sustain nerfed)
Ele (slight buffs to try and give them another build outside support)
Ranger (rez ability nerfed)

So some people are surprised with mesmer, and since ele wasn’t really killing anyone, just supporting, people are more frustrated with mesmer. I personally think that nerfing moa would be enough for this upcoming season. I’m very excited to see how things develop. However, mes was already played a lot at the higher level last season, it didn’t get nerfed like the other outliers, and its main counter (reaper) got nerfed. Some claim warrior can fill this role now, but I’m not so sure. Mes is still a squishy class, so nerfs will have to be carefully considered.

One last thing, a lot of people (myself included) consider fighting mesmer to be the least fun fight in the game. However, the problem is made much worse when you get two mesmers or three (especially if they look the same). I hate any meta where mesmers have large presence. I like having a few of them around, but they simply siphon fun away when their numbers increase. (Funny considering mesmer is all about clones, but it just gets annoying seeing 10 characters who look alike. Focusing a target is a pain.

And in this one post you show yourself a scrub, just consider the active meaning in that final paragraph, you want to see fewer mesmers, you want to actively reduce the number of mesmers around to increase your fun, at the expense of others, what a selfish person you have to be, so self centered, so entitled…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cataca.3867

Cataca.3867

Focusing a target is a pain.

Does it dodge?
Does it strafe?
Does it use any other skill than 1?
Does it do any incredible tricks, like walking backward?
Does it have a signet buff on it?

It be the mesemer.

With the meta build (that has zero ways to break target), once you have the mesmer figured out, you have figured out the mesmer for good. If this takes you more than half a second, practice. Dont pray that there is a sudden shift in meta and there are less of them around.

Another thing for the highly skilled people out there, and a pro tip:
Autoattacking the Mesmer to try and get him from 100-0 like that is likely going to blow you up. Burst during resistance, burst after condi cleanse dont spam keys when you have 14 stacks of confusion on you. (how? do you not know how to dodge?)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

So this is what it really boils down to, and I’d guess this is the case for all the people who aren’t happy with mesmer.

Funny because I love fighting against enemy mesmers almost as much as I love playing one. Even if I’m playing a different class (eg melee ranger) I still enjoy fighting against mesmers.

I find fighting against necros to be the most boring thing in the game – it’s as boring as pve with their ridiculously large health pool and no interesting combat dynamics – simply have to kite in and out and chip away at the bullet sponge… I hate it if I see 4 or more necros on the enemy team because I know it will be a long and tedious game.
I also fing fighting Druids to be boring, again because of their insane sustain. In fact any fight that devolves into chipping away at a lot of sustain is boring.

That’s why I used to love fighting against thief as the old power shatter when thief had the advantage – because it was actually fun with all the evasion/blinking and other dynamic combat. Not boring like things with oversized health pools and healing.

At least mesmers still melt fast when focused, that has not changed.

Funny, different people enjoying different things like that.

(edited by Curunen.8729)