suggestion for condi mesmer buff

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i compare condi mesmer to condi necro and rev
both proc conditions very well while mesmer relay on illusion mainly
both have some sustain with RS or evades/block while same as mesmer evade and distortion
both have low-mid condi handle (necro trasfer, mes cleanse, rev resistance)
mesmer and rev imo can disengage much better than necro
necro has unique ability to rip boons and some great aoe pressure mainly poison and bleed and chill

mesmer has almost no aoe pressure (chaos storm and shatter IF they hit) so it put this build atm on dueling spot and hardly group spot

so here it is:
Null field – remove 3 boons at once and turn them into confusion – so total 3 stack of confusion are available in average – so even if you stack mesmers in teams . if the boons removed once no confusion will pop unless the enemy team is buffing like crazy

check the necro he can put 9 poison around him and if 2 necros do the same it can be 18 so no difference at all

Feedback – should proc torment 1 stack every second for 5 sec. hardly the reflect is being used so at least give some condi pressure with it. and if it migh be op do block missile instead of reflect
portal – proc superspeed for 2 sec to allies and chill to enemies for 2 sec . so no one will step on it
time warp – already proc slow which is what i want the other 3 glamour to do

also consider mesmer is the only class which dont have any utility that proc condition like rev or necro or engi or ele or thief or guard

also it put glamour also in offense not only on defense so it might be used again and support the condi mesmer and put him par with other condi builds

now good mesmer can do some nice combo with mistrust if the enemy is stupid like AA and standing he will get 20 confusion stacks

it will be good in pve, wvw and pvp and give mesmer more options to be viable

OP you think?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

New Trait: Blackout

When you apply confusion to a target, the target’s next attack is interrupted. 10s icd per target.

New Trait: Overload

Confusion you apply deals 66% less damage. Damage taken when activating skills from confusion you apply now hits in an aoe around the target.

Go ahead and replace mistrust and HM with those 2. Make HM baseline because we all know that should be done anyway.

(edited by Fay.2357)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

I disagree with the idea that Mesmer needs a condition buff.

At the end of your post you said it would help in all game modes, but these seem very sPvP bias. Getting rid of reflects on feedback would be another nail in Mesmer’s PvE coffin. The problem with condition mesmer in PvE isn’t Mesmer’s inability to apply confusion, it’s that confusion sucks.

I feel that condishatter is the most viable option in sPvP right now, and most forum members are sPvP monkeys, so of course you all want stronger condition options.

However, any buffs made to Mesmer in sPvP condition will only result in people complaining, and then a re-nerf, and Mesmer is back where it started.

What Mesmer NEEDS is substantial, long-term DPS improvements by way of direct weapon skill buffs, and CD reduction on wells and cast time reduction on phantasms. This wouldn’t put it in the sPvP meta immediately, but would help significantly improve Mesmer’s utility in PvE, PvP, and WvW in the long run.

(edited by Alex Shatter.7956)

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

I don’t really agree with the glamour changes.

I’d rather see Well of Precog replaced with a condition applying well, and the cooldown adjusted accordingly.

Null field applying confusion on boon rip is too similar to necros boon corrupt. I feel like this skill probably needs a change in direction all together.
Perhaps make it cripple and daze on pulse. but not remove conditions.

Idk, trying to think of what would make me take this skill in any of the content in the game.
Perhaps null field could make it so that any enemy AoEs in the area wouldn’t do damage (non-aoe attacks would still do damage). shrug Now I’m just suggesting ridiculous things.

Feedback would be fine, if ANet would stop adding mobs that fire un-reflectable projectiles. And would revert some of the changes to dungeons they’ve made, to make some enemies/mini-bosses attacks un-reflectable.

Portal is already strong enough.
Super speed would obviously be welcomed, but I can’t think of anyone in this entire community that wouldn’t decry that as a ridiculous change for a skill already strong enough to be the sole reason you’d play a mesmer.

An interesting idea that was sort of a joke suggestion, would be increasing the range of portal, but increasing its cooldown as well.
I’d like to have a Public Beta Environment to test out an idea like that. Could make portal play more fun, but also less… necessary as a mesmer player?

I like Pyro’s suggestions. Especially overload. It could be good for team fights in sPvP.

If we had a well that applied confusion, it would swing a team fight really hard if they didn’t cleanse it immediately.

Edit:
“Perhaps null field could make it so that any enemy AoEs in the area wouldn’t do damage (non-aoe attacks would still do damage). shrug Now I’m just suggesting ridiculous things.”
The more I think about this insane suggestion. The less insane it seems. Depending on how you define AoE, it really couldn’t be argued to be OP.
Though it’d probably be a kitten to program.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

(edited by TheOneWhoSighs.7513)

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

glamour used to be more condi base (time warp and old null field)
well seem to be more supportish than dmg oriented

and yes mesmer and necro fighting for the same spot so null field rip boon as per today but hardly being used as it ticks so rip 3 boons and turn them to confusion instead can bring it to its old glamour
feedback may be used in pve but the dmg is still low compare to its cd. so put a torment aoe will buff it and not hurt it.

the problem with mesmer is if they buff its direct dmg than thief will have problem in the meta as strong mesmer with portal and moa is better than just strong thief . see last esl thief got buff and still rev took it place

super speed for 2 sec wont make portal stronger with its long cd just give mesmer some edge.

i really like the gw1 mesmer
overload – cause degenerate in hp and also dmg when using skill (aoe). pretty much like confusion today without the aoe
mistrust – the next spell fail and foe take dmg . so like powerblock
so maybe now if put 6 stacks of confusion the next attack fails (5 sec duration) and foe take 1k dmg 9 sec icd.

also remember that mesmer controled energy and enchantment – why not now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Fact is that Conditions have continually been left off Mesmer utilities starting with Mantras, post-nerf Glamours, and now Wells too. They keep trying to make Conditions more appealing to play for Mesmers, but leaving 3 entire lines of utility skills completely out of the conditions game, not to even mention Elite’s, just always makes it hard to really enjoy playing a Condition Mesmer. It’s just always so many trade-offs that don’t synergize with the core of your build.

So yea, I agree we should put some damaging condies on Glamors, at least 1 Well, and 1 Mantra. Definitely could change Precog, just because it’s useless now, but it doesn’t really fit.

It wouldn’t make Calamity OPd to gain 1x Confusion per tick (3 seconds) and 3-4 on the final tick for 5 seconds.

Glamours I would probably fix by way of a single trait that adds a flat amount of Confusion when they’re dropped…like 3x Confusion for 5 seconds. I would just add that to TE and call it a day.

Finally, Mantra of Pain could get 1-2 stacks of AE Torment, ~3 second duration. Same deal, there is nothing to suggest that this would be OPd in the least on an otherwise nearly unused ability that deals mediocre DD at best.

This would also serve to cement the Mesmer back into the original position of being the games’ primary Confusion dealer.

(edited by Windwalker.7421)