support mesmer in action [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

hi guys so nice vid here with all the DH around
had some fight versus full team of 5 dh but didnt upload it (we won dont worry)

just show you the potential of this build

my team had 1 bunker DH which result nice as we could support better each other in the team while also buff

the enemy team knew i am support as i played earlier game with 2 of them

hope you like it

also better version with slight change is taking delayed reaction (more slow) and seize the moment (for more quickness stacking and sharing) (not in this vid)

so i freeze some Key moments
1. the healing potential
2. the auras light and chaos – retaliation buff your dmg by about 15%
3. the boons sharing
4. ppl dodge out off the healing well (fyi check the color if it aint red stay)

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

You really need stunbreaks yo

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

You really need stunbreaks yo

why you say that?
what have you noticed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Honestly it doesn’t look very good. Signet of inspiration is a total waste on your bar, you never have boons worth sharing. You don’t have the punch to do anything worthwhile offensively, and you spent much of your time in those fights being used as a pinball.

You’re also enormously overestimating the usefulness of retaliation. It’s absolutely not a 15% damage boost, especially not from the hilariously unreliable light aura.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Honestly it doesn’t look very good. Signet of inspiration is a total waste on your bar, you never have boons worth sharing. You don’t have the punch to do anything worthwhile offensively, and you spent much of your time in those fights being used as a pinball.

You’re also enormously overestimating the usefulness of retaliation. It’s absolutely not a 15% damage boost, especially not from the hilariously unreliable light aura.

I was underwhelmed by this video also. Even if you do provide heals, boons, etc, I couldnt help but think “Why not just blow them up?”.

Also I couldn’t help but wonder, if the enemy team just focused you how would it have gone?

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

boons worth sharing – might, quickness, regen, vigor any boon is worth sharing….
offensively – i am not dmg dealer but can do some good dmg

the reason i like the signet is give me perma swiftness with the rune and also proc aegis and manage to perma protection mid fight
also retaliation does 240 dmg which is about 10-15% dmg buff if your AA is 1.5k-2k dmg

also the remove boons is also debuff to the enemy team

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

I was underwhelmed by this video also. Even if you do provide heals, boons, etc, I couldnt help but think “Why not just blow them up?”.

Also I couldn’t help but wonder, if the enemy team just focused you how would it have gone?

with pugs if i am focus i can be in trouble. thus i need my team to burst on me. but its like any ele or ranger if they are focused much.

why not blow them up? power mesmer cant. condi mesmer with all the cleanse will take some time, and the team need some support and ele is too squishy so mainly use to be sort of bunker with mender amulet

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

with pugs if i am focus i can be in trouble. thus i need my team to burst on me. but its like any ele or ranger if they are focused much.

why not blow them up? power mesmer cant. condi mesmer with all the cleanse will take some time, and the team need some support and ele is too squishy so mainly use to be sort of bunker with mender amulet

I get it, I really do. I even expect if I saw you on the enemy team I’d be really annoyed every time I ran up to kick you off the point. It’s just that I want everyone to die a terrible, horrible death. You can tell just by watching the sort of thing I run compared to you XD

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

boons worth sharing – might, quickness, regen, vigor any boon is worth sharing….

Yeah, but you don’t really share those. At best you were sharing a couple stacks of might, a second or two of quickness, I saw maybe 5 seconds of protection once… it’s not very good.

Strictly speaking everyone can do damage, but the damage you do is not strong. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, being a support build, but it is a true comment.

the reason i like the signet is give me perma swiftness with the rune and also proc aegis and manage to perma protection mid fight

So the permaswiftness is convenient, but with the chrono 25% passive, it’s not as impactful as it once would have been. Not sure what you’re talking about with perma protection though, you had nowhere close to that at any point in the video.

also retaliation does 240 dmg which is about 10-15% dmg buff if your AA is 1.5k-2k dmg

That’s…not at all how the math for this works. Retaliation only procs upon being hit, so its actual output damage is entirely reliant on how much you’re being hit. Additionally, light aura is not retal…it’s an aura that will apply a couple seconds of retal when hit.

At best, you’re getting a couple seconds of retaliation here and there, but you can’t even do that yourself! You have to let somebody else blast the field. On top of all that, light fields are objectively garbage. If people are blasting your light fields, they’re wasting blasts that could instead be doing aoe might, aoe healing, aoe blindness, or even aoe chaos armor would be better than the garbage a light field produces.

Sure, but anyone can throw on null field or pDisenchanter. Ross has a video up of him using null field in a condie build, it seems to work pretty well. This aspect of the build is not tied in any way to being a support setup.

Edit: For example, look at the fight at 5 minutes in. You’ve got a 1v1 going on home, so you engage to help. Your engage accomplishes little outside of keeping your ally alive because you produce zero pressure in the fight. It takes 40 seconds for you to convert that 2v1 into a kill, and this could arguably have been done without you there anyway. If you were running a burst setup, you would have been able to engage with a burst and finish that fight within 15 seconds tops.

(edited by Fay.2357)

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Yeah, but you don’t really share those. At best you were sharing a couple stacks of might, a second or two of quickness, I saw maybe 5 seconds of protection once… it’s not very good.

Strictly speaking everyone can do damage, but the damage you do is not strong. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, being a support build, but it is a true comment.

So the permaswiftness is convenient, but with the chrono 25% passive, it’s not as impactful as it once would have been. Not sure what you’re talking about with perma protection though, you had nowhere close to that at any point in the video.

That’s…not at all how the math for this works. Retaliation only procs upon being hit, so its actual output damage is entirely reliant on how much you’re being hit. Additionally, light aura is not retal…it’s an aura that will apply a couple seconds of retal when hit.

At best, you’re getting a couple seconds of retaliation here and there, but you can’t even do that yourself! You have to let somebody else blast the field. On top of all that, light fields are objectively garbage. If people are blasting your light fields, they’re wasting blasts that could instead be doing aoe might, aoe healing, aoe blindness, or even aoe chaos armor would be better than the garbage a light field produces.

Sure, but anyone can throw on null field or pDisenchanter. Ross has a video up of him using null field in a condie build, it seems to work pretty well. This aspect of the build is not tied in any way to being a support setup.

Edit: For example, look at the fight at 5 minutes in. You’ve got a 1v1 going on home, so you engage to help. Your engage accomplishes little outside of keeping your ally alive because you produce zero pressure in the fight. It takes 40 seconds for you to convert that 2v1 into a kill, and this could arguably have been done without you there anyway. If you were running a burst setup, you would have been able to engage with a burst and finish that fight within 15 seconds tops.

you so true – i am not the best player but 1000 boons share i think i share more than you can notice. this is the problem. staff give boons when bounce chaos amor give boons , time warp etc…

the 2v1 was with bunker guard. i know i shouldnt have gone there but no dmg dealer came so i came to help. also its guard so i think even dmg dealer could not probably do it maybe after 20 sec . so i used 20 sec in fight i souldnt have been.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sonata.1036

Sonata.1036

This guy just doesn’t really know how to play this build. I play almost metabattle chronobuffer, resulting in 3000-3500 boons each long arena, 2k of we win fast. The main thing about this build that it serves opposite to eles role – speed up fights, make them tremendeosly fast. You should stack quickness in your team BEFORE entering mid cycling all your f1-4 and rift. Using this build gives almost permaquickess during fights, protection, 4 stacks of stability, perma regen, 17-18 might, 25 with rev. On good fights you can manage to do 400 k damage and as much healing, considering that fact that with diviners amulet you always try to camp backline.
I’d say it is pretty solid and ,more important entertaining, build for you and your allies , which converts your team in a paintrain for opponents. However, same as season 3 ele, you are useless if your teammates are garbage.
This build gave me some fresh breath after classic chronophantasma.
If you want to discuss it with me or get some tips feel free to whisper ingame)

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

This guy just doesn’t really know how to play this build. I play almost metabattle chronobuffer, resulting in 3000-3500 boons each long arena, 2k of we win fast. The main thing about this build that it serves opposite to eles role – speed up fights, make them tremendeosly fast. You should stack quickness in your team BEFORE entering mid cycling all your f1-4 and rift. Using this build gives almost permaquickess during fights, protection, 4 stacks of stability, perma regen, 17-18 might, 25 with rev. On good fights you can manage to do 400 k damage and as much healing, considering that fact that with diviners amulet you always try to camp backline.
I’d say it is pretty solid and ,more important entertaining, build for you and your allies , which converts your team in a paintrain for opponents. However, same as season 3 ele, you are useless if your teammates are garbage.
This build gave me some fresh breath after classic chronophantasma.
If you want to discuss it with me or get some tips feel free to whisper ingame)

sound amazing

pls explain how you manage before getting into fight getting 18 might stacks and perma quickness ?

i see you use diviner so 100% boon duration while also being squishy
i guess you aint using signet rather the trait with shield to share boons

can you post or show the rotations you do

in Mesmer

Sonata.1036

I use middle grandmaster in illusions – it’s cooldown is reset after f5. As well I run utility stunbreak which gives 2 clones instead of nullfiald against power teams.
Classic opener – 5-10 meters before entering midfight- f123, f4 to be sure your team gets clear opener via party distortion. During pressing f4 cast chaos storm under allies and yourself, staff 2 out of it with picked target to get in combat, staff 4, that gives you at this moment 8 sex quickness, 4 stack stability 10 sec, 2 might, regen, vigor, aegis and other kitten. Having clone from staff 2 cast utility to get 2 clones more, start casting staff 3, midcast f5, thhis will give you auto inspiration prix from phantazm, use time warp, your inspiration, illisuions and f1-3 switching to s/ sh and casting 5 in allies. F5 finishes, you use 4 shield for another auto inspiration, for that moment of your buddies are good every enemy in 50 m radius sits on its butt in downed and auto inspiration gives stability for clear stinks. Save f4 for emergency.
This is mad rotation but usually you do not need it while, use no more cooldown then needed for this exact fight and rotate to point where you are needed and make +1 really unfair)))
Hope this gave general idea, typing from phone) write ingame and will discuss it in voice

in Mesmer

Sonata.1036

Mightstacks are achieved with signats of power and battle.
Yes, this spec is squishy but if you finish buff rotation in mid, 99 percent or your duty is fine, you are left with shield block, sword 2, distortion, that is way enough to survive, even if you get downed you almost insta get up due to stomps.
However you will at first encounter that fact that you used all your cds at the beginning, left with sword auto and 3 . But this will happen cause you OVERUSED your skills for this fight, the depth of this build is learning how to be greedy with your cooldowns, popping them no more than needed to finish this exact fight.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

thanks sonata

i change the build with diviner drop null field and take blink and signet of illusion
with out any illusion i did the combo and manage to share before fight all boons 12 sec quickness and 25 might stacks

down side no null field as i must take blink with 2k armor and low hp so no boon rip or condi cleanse to party only boons sharing
with pugs i was able to share more 1300-1500 (no 3000 yet)

i can say ppl drop like fly with the quickness and 25 might stack but where its put me for about 20 sec (basically nothing much)

my build above share less boons much less but at the right moment the null field give better support to my team

so i guess it depends whom we faced

if its more condi team than null field is much needed but if power team more boons needed

either way if you get focused it might be risky with diviner

in Mesmer

Sonata.1036

I find diviners the best, just really time your sword 2. I’m in case of condifests use nullfield for sure, if 2+ necros use glamour mastery for resistance as well. BUT I found out that utilizing healing well and shatters is almost always enough to deal with condis, just fit healing well in f5 and you clean 8 Condi just with 2 wells. As well I really recommend using leadership runes.
Have problems survivingclose fights take scepter and camp back, as well sc auto under quickness gives you kittenloads of clones and this results in more quickness. Sc 3 under wquickness is as well 5-6 k burst. However I strongly do not recommend using sc if enemies have rev or thief

in Mesmer

Sonata.1036

And you do not need blink as any starter is a stunbreak

in Mesmer

Sonata.1036

Shatter I meant)))))))

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

So that’s not actually true. Acquiring stability will NOT break you out of stuns, it simply prevents more from being applied.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

i really want to work it out

diviner is too squishy for random group

with 4 team or 5 (i have only tested with 4) i was ok but the pressure i felt make me feel useless most of the fight although we won and yes the burst was insane still….

blink i must with enemy thief and rev

if there is more condi or on point pressure null field is doable

still need very good team comp i mean very good

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

So that’s not actually true. Acquiring stability will NOT break you out of stuns, it simply prevents more from being applied.

i think he means because you have stability almost at the beginning of the fight you dont have to worry about cc

in Mesmer

Sonata.1036

There is no bad even in dying, but you can die only after your group is buffed. You almost double your teammates damage and I would say may triple cause you make their damage uninterruptible with stability, especially this is seen when running against multiple meditrappers when your team ignores traps due to distortion aegis protection and stability. As well you can do over 400k damage cleaving downed bodies with sword auto)

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

as i said you need good group to fully utilize the build concept
if you die its mean 4v5 and out rotate your team so you may kill much more but lose points … high risk high reward

in Mesmer

Sonata.1036

I said it in the beginning – you need good teamates. there is no support class that can carry with handless randoms. When I said “die” i meant downed, you need to teach your buddies stomping immeadetly and fearless, so you almost always insta get up. Most people dont stomp midfight but under stability stacks it is easy.
As well some builds seem to be great with chronobuffer, I had some lol games with hammer warrior and hammer guardian who obliterated mid in matter of seconds, my buddy reaper had 14 k crits on his gravedigger etc.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

for soloq this is the best way to go with
versus direct dmg enemy
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW8encfClqhFoBeoBUrhlejquUX1Z9cDKhWzMAugMC-TJRGABAcRAW4JAwcZA03fAA
versus condi dmg enemy switch to temporal enchanter

diviner cant have a chance versus all the guards, thief, rev and usually soloq you are alone and you need engi and guard or ele to pick you up when you down

the duration of boons is lower but still you can share for quick burst

usually in soloq you wont get much awareness thus your boon share at least for me is up to 1500

so knight amulet is still good with 3.1k armor

havent manage to full utilize diviner in soloq

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

so the new tutorial for the support mesmer

thanks guys

in Mesmer

Sonata.1036

As well I think you forgot to pay attention for opening rotation starting with staff, which gives protection and a chunk of aegis. As well switching to sword for f5 gives you more might and makes you way more defensive tools for the start of the fight.