theorycrafting: bleed build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Has anyone tried something like this?

As illusions don’t benefit from condition duration I focused in condition damage (I got 1935).

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/mesmer/?4.3|6.1b.9b|b.1b.9b.d.1b.9b|1b.9b.1b.9b.1b.9b.1b.9b.1b.9b.1b.9b|2w.0.2w.0.3w.0.3w.0.2w.0.2w.0|0.f5.p5a.0.u579|2t.d|31.39.e.3k.0|e

Thing is that I feel complety overpowered with underwater bleeding, so…

EDIT: I just realized that I should need something to generate more clones…

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

(edited by Ryn.6459)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Psych.6527

Psych.6527

May i just ask, how do you plan on applying bleeds?
more so, enough to bring down a player, also did you think of how 1 condtion removal may affect your out come?
I am just confused as to what the intentions/outcome is..

Finch Psydstep|Phantasmal Mesmer and Council Leader of
Gamers Republic of South Africa[RSA]|Aurora Glade.
“If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule, of honor!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fuschia.6573

Fuschia.6573

Just do the good ‘ol 0/20/20/0/30. You can get Deceptive Evasion for all the clones you could ever want, and that’s worth much more than the stat conversion from Toughness to Condition Damage.

in Mesmer

Ryn.6459

@Psych, mainly by staff autoatacking. Well, is going to be a lot of cover conditions (burning, confusion, vulnabilty…) and take in account that you are focusing in condition damage and not in condition duration.

@Fusschia, well, I thought more in 0/20/25/0/25…

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/mesmer/?4.3|6.1b.9b|b.1b.9b.d.1b.9b|1b.9b.1b.9b.1b.9b.1b.9b.1b.9b.1b.9b|2w.0.2w.0.3w.0.3w.0.2w.0.2w.0|0.k5a.p5a.0.p57|2t.d|31.35.39.3k.3q|e

(edited by Ryn.6459)

in Mesmer

Posted by: AndresR.4532

AndresR.4532

if u want full bleed, u need sigil of earth (60% chance to bleed on crit) and try to get dueling X so u can create clones very often and they will bleed a lot

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I thought about it, but our condition applying abilities are actually quite limited compared to other classes, except for confusion of course (which is pretty useless in PvE as we all know). I didn’t go into dueling and on crit at all, but I’m not playing PvE.

/e: I wouldn’t use Blinding Befuddlement outside of glamour builds.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ARossetter.4761

ARossetter.4761

Hi Ryn!

Like the idea! What about running Sw/F with staff and bringing Dueling II? Rooting an enemy in place to stack bleeds from a Warden with fury sounds like it would fit well. Maybe even Sc/P if you want to stay at range. Scepter might even allow you to drop Deceptive Evasion to trait the Pistol, and Phantasmal Haste instead of Elasticity? Lots of things to try with this build.

-Andy

in Mesmer

Posted by: leungclj.4915

leungclj.4915

if u want full bleed, u need sigil of earth (60% chance to bleed on crit) and try to get dueling X so u can create clones very often and they will bleed a lot

Clones and Phantasms don’t trigger the “On Crit” effects from sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Clones and Phantasms don’t trigger the “On Crit” effects from sigils

I think he’s referring to the trait that whenever illusions crit, they bleed the target as well.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Psych.6527

Psych.6527

Ryn, I am curious to see if this could be another viable build for mesmers, I will try out the build in a PvP environment to test it out as a possible bunker build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAW7al0zaqHVzgGb9IiZGBHyhmx2ldlUgbXIA-TsAAzCpIaS1krJTTymsNNWYVxmAA
I have thought out some ways to possibly improve your build theoretically, have you tried your build out yet? If yes, could you give some feedback?

Finch Psydstep|Phantasmal Mesmer and Council Leader of
Gamers Republic of South Africa[RSA]|Aurora Glade.
“If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule, of honor!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Most important of a mesmer bleed build is precision. Get it by Dueling line and a bit rampager gears.
And I really wonder if you’re permanently running aroung with T6 malice drinks. And here again, think about using precision drinks (oils).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Didn’t look at build but just Sayin, 0/20/20/0/30

Lyssa runes, rabid gear, Greatsword With earth sigil

Time warp > mirror images > Decoy > auto attack = Mesmer disintegration beams of death.

(Not the most effective build but it’s funny as all hell.)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Ryn.6459

Hi Ryn!

Like the idea! What about running Sw/F with staff and bringing Dueling II? Rooting an enemy in place to stack bleeds from a Warden with fury sounds like it would fit well. Maybe even Sc/P if you want to stay at range. Scepter might even allow you to drop Deceptive Evasion to trait the Pistol, and Phantasmal Haste instead of Elasticity? Lots of things to try with this build.

-Andy

I think deceptive evasion is a must (you want to shatter as much as possible to put confusion and to get might). To star the fight with confusing images (5 stacks at 413damage/skill) plus shatter for more confusion and might, and then change to staff… Should be quite nasty. I like pistol as offhand, problem I dislike to change weapons to travel.

in Mesmer

Ryn.6459

Ryn, I am curious to see if this could be another viable build for mesmers, I will try out the build in a PvP environment to test it out as a possible bunker build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAW7al0zaqHVzgGb9IiZGBHyhmx2ldlUgbXIA-TsAAzCpIaS1krJTTymsNNWYVxmAA
I have thought out some ways to possibly improve your build theoretically, have you tried your build out yet? If yes, could you give some feedback?

Pistol offhand seems better overall, I agree. I’m not so sure about confusing cry.

Yes, I tested in pvp. Feeling is that is really subpar compared to my normal 20/20/0/030.

My impression is that this kind of condition build will only work if Anet remove the vulnerability of clone’s wind of chaos or if the clones can benefit from condition duration.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I run rampager gear with sharper images and sigils of earth. What everyone says is true. At most I can get 6 to 8 stacks of bleeding. There is a situation where I can sustain 25 stacks but that’s using 3 iWardens against an immobile and ranged enemy. However, it blends in well when fighting multiple enemies and spreading out the love of burning, cripple, confusion and vulnerability. It’s how I’m able to handle and kill so many mobs at once.