[tpvp] Runes of the traveler/celestial amulet

in Mesmer

Posted by: derbaer.1284

derbaer.1284

Two changes brought to us with the patch have not yet been discussed in their impact on mesmer pvp:

1. Recently I am running a pantasm build (GS/sw-p, 4/6/4/0/0) with the new traveler runes and blink as a roamer/decapper/teamfighter. It really feels a lot like roaming with a trickery thief, albeit certainly not as mobile. You can drop 2 phantasms and a illusionary wave in a teamfight and move on to decap. Those runes combined with our inherent 1v1-capabilities could make mesmers worthwhile as roamers in pvp.

2. Only from reading, the celestial amulet is much stronger now in pvp and has in summa much more stat points, than other amulets. Eles seem to already use this quite often. In the past, hybrid mesmer builds often got dismissed as being not effective, although many of our traits and skills seem to favour hybrid power/condition play. I have not messed with this so far-are there any builds using this amulet effectivly already?

I’d love to hear from anyone having tested those already!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

love travelers!!! I dont like celestial though, always feels like im not getting enough power or condi damage from it. I run a tormentor hybrid with travelers and rabid or carrion depending on where my crit is. If you spec into far reaching manipulations you can get across the map in a heartbeat. Ill throw on a celestial today and see how it goes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: derbaer.1284

derbaer.1284

Just to clarify: I didnt necessarily mean to combine those two, but if any one could be made worthwhile in a build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Runes of the traveler → Love it, but without Lyssa, you are still lacking in the condition remove department. Fighting against a condition profession with only null field will result in your death very often. I suggest to adjust the runes depending on the map and opponents.

Celestial amulet → Haven’t found a build yet in which I’d prefer them. It gives you +700 stats, but that includes 434 healing power and 434 condition damage, but most builds can’t really take advantage of using them.
Personally I think a healing skill and regeneration alone do not justify the use of +heal. F.e. a guard and ele have far more healing skills like heal on dodge or special heal traits like Altruistic Healing Monk’s Focus and weapon skills like Staff Empower, Water fields, Cleansing Wave and so on…
For +Condi Damage you need enough condition application.

You are also missing out on power, from which you and your phantasms scale pretty fantastic. And with less power the attribute value of precision and ferocity is also much lower.

Maybe some can find a working build, maybe using ‘Restorative Mantras’, but currently the celestial amulet does not seem worth.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend