wat weapon set do i need to lvl up o.o?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

can anyone lemme kno on the best weapon set to lvl up with ^^ thanks in advance if u can goona roll a mesmer tomorrow morning ^^

in Mesmer

Posted by: keytoeverything.1765

keytoeverything.1765

Me and a lot of other Mesmers I’ve seen used Staff, it works great.

The 2nd weapon choice is up to you, but staff for a main weap I think.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

greatsword/sword+focus

If you can live without swiftness go sword+pistol

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Mesmer

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

Well, since you are just starting?

Sword & Sword / G.Sword / Staff.

G.Sword is offensive ranged, that deals crippled condition out with its Phantasmal Berserker (AoE at that). Mirror Blade gives you a good burst of damage at close range (Multiple stacks of Vulnerability on Enemy and Might for self). Illusionary Wave is great for getting distance while kiting. And its auto-attack deals rather nice damage at long range.

Staff is focuses more on Defense, but its still a good offensive weapon as well. Its Clones are the only ones that actually DO damage (Through conditions) without a trait post-level-40. Chaos Storm may look like a great AoE to place on enemies, but this is wrong. Its a GREAT AoE to place on YOURSELF when enemies come into melee range, as it will give you multiple procs of Aegis as you stand in it, while tearing into the enemy as well. Chaos Armor is helpful after Chaos Storm for survival if you can’t kite. Its Auto-attack BUFFS you and places Conditions on the enemy, which your Clones will also do, when you are in melee range with the Staff. Its great at either Melee or Ranged distances.

Sword & Sword? This one only if you are melee-centric. Its rough as you can not stand there and take the punishment. You have to do hit & run approaches, using Leap -> Swap to get in close (timing it right will get you behind an immobilized enemy, so they can’t attack you for a few free auto-attack hits), followed by Blurred Frenzy for damage (which makes you invulnerable during the durations as well), then backing off until CDs are cleared again. If the enemy is attacking you and your heal skill is on CD, don’t be afraid to kite for survival or swap to your ranged weapon. Off-hand Sword is great as well, giving you a Parry/Block skill to absorb a hit, forming a clone, AND a high damaging Phantasm that usually survives better then the rest.
Tack on the fact that Blade Training (20% off Sword Skills and 50 Precision) is the ONLY weapon trait available pre-40, that makes Sword & Sword rather tempting early on. Especially when combined with Illusionists Celerity (5 Illusions for 20% off CD of Illusion Skills), meaning all Sword skills are 20% off CD(8 second Blurred Frenzy) while its Illusion skills like Leap and the Phantasm are 40% off CD.

Post-40? Things open up even further, especially for the off-hand. Definitely have one of each weapon available after that level, if you don’t have them earlier.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

oh my jesus cnt believe u wrote all that but yea thanks a bunch lmao tht helps thanks all

in Mesmer

Posted by: majorkong.9073

majorkong.9073

Another vote for sword/sword and greatsword at least until 40. Get sword mastery with your first 10 points, then illusionist celerity with the next 5. Get toughness gear so you can take more beatings.

Before I figured this out, I was getting downed and killed on my mesmer quite a bit. After I did I could chain pull/fight multiples and almost never get downed.