what if....

what if....

in Mesmer

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Illusionary Persona was built into the class rather than having to spec 30 points into it? Rangers got a sort of functionally similar change when their grandmaster trait that allowed signets to effect rangers as well as the pets to be inherent with the class. Is this something that we could see with Mesmer in the future, would it be too overpowered?

In my opinion, I don’t think it would be overpowered at all, the consequence of this change I feel would be that you would see more variation in shatter builds. You would see other builds not built specifically for shattering use shatters more often, as it would be functionally more rewarding and involve more skilled play (is it worth it to keep phantasms up or get the enemy with a self + phantasm shatter + F2 and F3?). Shattering I feel like in many situations is a trade off. For example, if a condi build shatters, the trade off more sustained condition damage through clones for more “bursty” condition application.

If this change were to occur, the illusions traitline is still a traitline that many shatter mesmers would invest in. Shatter cooldowns are highly beneficial to a shatter build, and as a shatter build you ideally want to get off as many shatters as you can. The condition damage you get from this traitline is a decent bonus as well as the confusion you get on shatters. 9% extra damage is still highly lucrative, as well as a 20% cooldown on summoning illusions as well as illusionary elasticity. So speccing at least 4 into illusions would be something that a lot of people would spec into anyway.

We could also see a more sustain version of shatter, by going 4/4/0/6/0. By getting the heal every time you shatter illusions, this could be rather interesting.

Or perhaps we see a more rugged, might-stacking type of mesmer, by going 4/4/6/0/0. You get Bountiful Disillusionment and Bountiful Interruption + 2 sigils of battle and runes of strength for a shatter mesmer that can maintain 20 stacks of might.

Or maybe a PU shatter mesmer, better able to survive in small group situations while being better equipped to set off shatters, but the shatters would be weaker than the illusions traitline counterpart. Maybe even chaotic interruption would be a cool trait to use, allowing for more CC to set up shatters.

Lastly, perhaps we see a new variant of the glkittenter. 6/4/0/0/4. More damage, the ability to take both Halting Strike and Mental Torment, or maybe GS cooldowns, torch cooldowns, etc. Or if they introduce a new trait in the illusions traitline to replace IP it would be something like:

Illusionary Frustration: Each shatter skill inflicts a non-damaging condition when used.

Mind Wrack: 3 second cripple
Cry of Frustration: 6 second blind
Diversion: 4 seconds weakness
Distortion: 1 second fear

What do you guys think?

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

what if....

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I want to see our signets give us the passive effects when on cooldown. I know this is a GM on Elementalists, but our signet effects aren’t really gamebreaking.

Of course, SotE would have to either be toned down to heal less per tick while on cooldown or just less heal per tick overall. I dislike how if you get CCed, SotE will not heal you during it’s interval. I understand it’s on cooldown, but it’s still “active” per se.

what if....

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

I think all this would do is allow for some stronger shatter builds, but not really change anything else too much in terms of build diversity. Phant builds would still be phant builds, condi builds would still be condi builds, etc. Builds that don’t shatter now still wouldn’t. This would basically be a giant buff to shatter, which would be fun, but doesn’t really help us in any real way in terms of our weaknesses now. This would just make us even better at the roles we already excel in.

This won’t happen, like ever, and even if it did the nerfbat would swing so fast and so strong it would be better off if it never happened.

what if....

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

A quick question, rather off topic sorry, what does illusionary retribution do on f4?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

what if....

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ishmael.6740

Ishmael.6740

It adds confusion application to all shatter skills.

what if....

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

My question was a serious one haha. I think it does not affect f4? Im not so sure, because i pay attention to the duration when I use distortion.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

what if....

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

A quick question, rather off topic sorry, what does illusionary retribution do on f4?

Pretty sure it’s working.
Applies AOE confusion but the clone will apply it on the spot rather then seek a target to shatter on. Not sure of the radius though sorry.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]