what is a good race for mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

so, I rolled a human necro and I am not loving it. I would like to play a mesmer. I am thinking sylvari or human or asura. but I cant decide DX.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

I rolled a sylvari and I have no regrets… but do what many thieves are doing with Thieves Guild:

Roll a charr mesmer and design him to look like the charr summoned by Warband Support. More “clones!” :P

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warband_Support

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nittles.1582

Nittles.1582

I like sylvari, mostly because most of their skin tones complement the shades of purple I always want to color my Mesmer in

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Any really. Mesmers have fantastic utility skills and some of the best elites in the game. I very seriously doubt that racial skills would be able to beat the effectiveness of abilities like Feedback, Decoy, Blink, Null Field, Mirror Images, etc. I looked at every racial skill before I made my mesmer, and I came to the conclusion that they don’t offer nearly as much as mesmers own skills do.

Just my opinion. I’m a Human Mesmer and I find human spellcasting animations to be very nice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

I’m a human as well and our racial skill are not bad I like the prayer to Komeir to help remove conditions when Im in the Grawl fractal.

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439

Go Charr or go home.

All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu, Art of War

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rectifyer.1804

Rectifyer.1804

I rolled an Asura Mesmer because I actually tend to use their Utility Skills in certain PvE instances.

First off, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Radiation_Field is great for fighting veterans and champions solo.

Second, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pain_Inverter is on a 30 second cooldown and has virtually become party of my rotation with a confusion/shatter build.

I love the style of Asura as it is plus the benefit of having two skills that I actually use in certain circumstances was a great reason to roll one and I do not regret it!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaibhan.4216

Kaibhan.4216

I have a human mesmer at 80 I enjoyed the hell out of the class but it just felt a little off. I rolled an asura mesmer that is now at 63ish and it’s perfection. The aesthetics of the asura race + mesmer awesomeness = perfection imo.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arcain.9106

Arcain.9106

I’m a sylvari Mesmer and with roughly 300hrs gameplay on it I can say I’m happy with the choice. 95% of the time I use the sylvari elite Get Rooted (or along the lines of that) because it helps me avoid some of the most devastating attacks when I have no dodge.
With that being said, sword#2 & F4 & get rooted = roughly 8 seconds of invulnerability.

Visual wise I love the Sylvari Mesmer. Both features have a mystical element about them and the sylvari glow is just so pretty.

I’ve also heard great things about the Azura and how the Mesmer was made for that race. I have no experience in this but it’s what a lot of people are saying.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Indy 500 or the Boston Marathon….
Yeah, I’m bored sorry.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.