why does the game point out the downed clone?

in Mesmer

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

I was reading in another thread and it occurred to me.. why does the game automatically point out the real mesmer in downed state? surely the point of that skill was to confuse.. and have a 50/50 chance on killing the real one..
but as it is that whole concept is tossed down the drain when the game points out “look the real one is there” so that whole design for that skill is lost.. I dont play a mesmer but i think there downed state could use the indicator being removed.. maybe at the cost of a longer CD on duelist’s?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

this is the question i’ve been asking myself since game was released. Why don’t i and my clone appear at the same time? You ain’t confusing anyone when the real mesmer ALWAYS appears 2nd.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arkelia.2198

Arkelia.2198

I agree, the big pointer over the head of the real mesmer, plus the fact the real mesmer always appears after his clone is really obvious and make the skill lose his point.

On the other hand, I still see a lot of people stomping the clone before the real mesmer…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Yes this is a problem to me as well, #2 downed state never fools anyone in tier 1 unless if its SoR, because they know the first clone is a decoy and its obvious.

Make it the clones appear at the same time, or the decoy appears 2 seconds later as well.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

While they’re on it they should change it so it teleports you back instead of to a random location (i.e. into the next best AE, especially nice in PvE) and it doesn’t require a target to prevent stealth-stomping.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

Posted by: Maximus D Meridious.1048

Maximus D Meridious.1048

I think that the whole set of downed skills for a mesmer are absolutly useless, especially in dungeons where the the majority of mobs dont fall for the illusions and will contine to target you until you are dead. It is especially prominent in the shaman fractal where no amount of allies trying to get agro works until the player is dead. IMO Anet should rethink these skills especially the transprot to a random place skill, which always makes things worse and not better for you. If this skill is to be kept make it so it moves you to a safe area or near an team mate so res is actually possible. Irritated beyond belief.

Mistress Zapp Mesmer Commander (underworld)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Quit dying. Problem solved. ;-)

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

Quit dying. Problem solved. ;-)

I LOL’ED so hard

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

To me, the following changes could improve our downed #2 ability and make the decoy clone actually work:

1. remove the stealth portion
2. give the ‘teleport to random location’ to the decoy
3. give the Mesmer a 450 range ‘teleport to target location’
4. give both Mesmer and decoy a ‘downed enemy’ marker

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Removing the stealth makes #2 significantly weaker for those with 30 Chaos, though.
Plus I don’t really see the point in removing it. Neither do I see the need to select my target.

Two issues are:

• Different markers make finding the clone too easy.
  • Clone always appears first.

Fix timing and markers and this ability will be very strong already. Hell, it is quite strong now, one of the few guaranteed stomp-interrupters, outside of people teleporting after you.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Removing the stealth makes #2 significantly weaker for those with 30 Chaos, though.
Plus I don’t really see the point in removing it. Neither do I see the need to select my target.

Two issues are:

• Different markers make finding the clone too easy.
  • Clone always appears first.

Fix timing and markers and this ability will be very strong already. Hell, it is quite strong now, one of the few guaranteed stomp-interrupters, outside of people teleporting after you.

Removing the stealth portion would be for two purposes. One would be for balance, otherwise the skill may be too strong compared to other #2 abilities from other classes. The stealth is also what causes the clone to appear first from what I’ve seen because it starts attacking immediately while you are still in stealth.

As such, giving the ‘random teleport’ to the clone and a short 450 range ‘directed teleport’ to the Mesmer (which wouldn’t require an enemy target to use the skill) should allow both the clone and the Mesmer to reappear simultaneously and give you control on where you want to appear.

We’d then need downed markers on both the clone and the Mesmer and the skill as a whole should function a lot more reliable.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aniltiger.9186

Aniltiger.9186

Without the marker on the clone makes the skill Deception loose its function to “confuse” the enemy which could be a dealbreaker.

But I do disagree with the choice to teleport to a specific location. Thief’s have that same mechanic and if mesmer’s would get the same ability, it would make Shadow Escape underpowered mesmer’s version. However, the teleport could be away from the targeted enemy if you have one selected. (So you don’t put yourself infront of the enemy or an aoe)

Also I think the “I need a target to use Deception” is a mechanic for the clone as it needs a target to shoot its own Mind Blast on. How else would the clone know what to shoot at?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I think it would be OP if it didn’t point it out. The number 2 skill (for all classes) when downed is moreso just a death delay, used right as soon as they’re about to stomp to make them do it again, hopefully giving you time to rally/be revived.

Honestly, I actually find a Mesmer’s #2 to be one of the better ones, perhaps only after Elementalists. The extra confusion from the clone has actually saved me on a number of occassions.

I still see so many people stomp my clone giving me time to get back on my feet or KO them with my iRogue. That said, I’m not in a server even close to T1.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

(edited by Flissy.4093)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I agree, the big pointer over the head of the real mesmer, plus the fact the real mesmer always appears after his clone is really obvious and make the skill lose his point.

On the other hand, I still see a lot of people stomping the clone before the real mesmer…

yes but only those that are new to pvp/the game. this never happens with someone who’ve played gw2 long enough.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

yes but only those that are new to pvp/the game. this never happens with someone who’ve played gw2 long enough.

sometimes it quite buggy. #2 dont tele the mesmer far enough that stomping the fake clone will still allow a stomp because the real mesmer is still close by

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Throw on the list of things along with:

• No off-hand on clones
  • No world completion marker on clones
  • No other indicators on clones (sigil, food, etc.)
Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.