will mesmers get nerfed?

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tsin.3165

Tsin.3165

What do you think? Will that condi nerf bait hit us hard?

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Condi nerf, no. The real problem with condis its burning and we nearly dont do burn, even with torch. Also in pve the problem with condis its the open world.

But stats will probably will be tunned down (specially damage ones, the others as a fariness and balance consequence of the first been nerfed).

The only really important mesmer nerfs could/would be:

- First adept trait of domination.
- Second grandmaster trait of chaos.

• Base phantom damage probably will ge reallocated, but after that we are cool, the problem its mostly off the amulets and gear stats buff.
  • And if its true that blind on shatter cant be evaded, they will fix it. I supose that count as a nerf (other case the trait its fine, the trade off of using a shatter balance them very well).

If we are nerfed in other traits/skills i would see them as injustificated.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Condi?

MtD was already overnerfed – other classes do condi much better than us at the moment.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Most likely.

Things I think will get nerfed include PU, CS and possibly phantasm damage with shatter damage. Doesn’t mean I think any of them should be as damage seems higher than what people expected all over the shop.

What I hope happens is this big patch we can expect soon will tone down burn application across the board. They rebalance a few things in regards to damage giving back our lost 4% crit chance, lowering either the damage of everything by 10% or reducing the amount of power people have.

I also hope they do a more sweeping change to tone down the damage to a place they think is more acceptable then start looking at things over performing. I also hope they fix the skills and traits that are broken first like symbolic avenger so they can balance them in a fair and working environment.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

To be fair, they’ve been stupid with mesmer nerfs anyway. Condi mesmer wasn’t even as op as whatever other classes condi builds and yet they nerf the mesmer condi build?
These mesmer nerfs made no sense at all. They just should have nerfed burning damage.

And other classes already did condi better than mesmer even before MtD got nerfed.
Mesmer desperately needs the Confusing Combatants trait back OR have the MtD nerf reverted to what it used to be. (I believe having both at once might be op, but then again, i’m not sure.)

Conditions NEED to be strong in my opinion coz it’s already easy enough to get rid of them compared to power damage. But right now Burning is just so strong it makes mesmers look weak.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Tsin.3165

MtD was unreliable anyways, I rarely use shatter because on condi mesmer clones deal more condition dmg over time just autoattacking.

How is phantom dmg high? Its low compared to other power build classes.
I hope they wont touch PU, its our only defensive trait.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

MtD was unreliable anyways, I rarely use shatter because on condi mesmer clones deal more condition dmg over time just autoattacking.

How is phantom dmg high? Its low compared to other power build classes.
I hope they wont touch PU, its our only defensive trait.

Good, in which case I hope they revert mtd.

;)

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

We’ll probably get nerfed. Can’t actually have Mesmers be fun to play, need to reduce all mechanics to being pointless again.

sPvPers ruining the day for everyone else, as usual.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

What do you think, of course they will.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Condi Mesmer is absolutely awful in sPvP right now so you won’t be seeing any nerfs there.

Gandara

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Tsin.3165

I would say it is balanced as it is. Would like to see some changes like swap torment with confuse on scepter 2 and 3 skills

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Condi Mesmer is absolutely awful in sPvP right now so you won’t be seeing any nerfs there.

But! But! I heard someone died to a Mesmer! NERF THEM ALL! TO THE GROUND!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: fyrew.9183

fyrew.9183

It’s pretty obvious mesmer is a bit too strong now. There will probably be nerfs across the board on Tuesday anyways.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

It’s pretty obvious mesmer is a bit too strong now. There will probably be nerfs across the board on Tuesday anyways.

It’s more obvious that stat inflation, especially in a tightly controlled stat area such as PvP, has had some undesirable effects in how much higher damage seems to be compared to survivability.

It’s even more obvious that they need to sort out what’s going on with that first before swinging the nerf bat.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

It’s the fact they can fully bull themselves, while removing all your buffs, have endless clones up at all times, stealth as much as a thief can, and as soon as you’re targeted apply 25+stacks of every condition known to mankind!

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

It’s the fact they can fully bull themselves, while removing all your buffs, have endless clones up at all times, stealth as much as a thief can, and as soon as you’re targeted apply 25+stacks of every condition known to mankind!

And they have 4 sets of weapon skills for every weapon equipped and they can summon even more weapons for even more skil-

Oh… we’re not talking about Emenelemenaitlisktnemstss.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Got a chuckle out of me.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Psssh, Mesmer’s already been nerfed, Tsin. Hell, Anet removed Confusing Combatants before we even had a chance to play with the new version. Let alone the gutting of MtD, the day of the patch. Or how bad they whacked Chaotic Dampening.
#Anet Logic

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

I mean, I feel like I need Chaotic Dampening as it is with Staff (it just makes it so much nicer, having such low cooldowns). With the un-nerfed version… oh my god that would be disgusting.

Now, please, stop dropping Light Fields on my Chaos Fields, please.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I just hope they don’t nerf inspiration, besides the lazy fix to healing prism they already added. With the mantra heals and the shatter cleanses/heals, it the most sustainable burst build I’ve ever played. It has its weaknesses for sure, but because of all the healing and condi removal, and the raw burst damage, its very hard to take out unless I get outright focused by multiple people, which in my mind is balanced well.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I wouldn’t cry over Chaotic Dampening. As it is, it still provides better CD reduction than The Pledge, which is considered good enough and used to be more than 3 times than it. Combined with the guarenteed Protection, which is by far more important, i say it’s still a very good trait.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

I just realized Torch has a trait. Then I looked at it and realized Torch doesn’t have a trait.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Pre-patch, i used that trait as my only cleanse (aside from sigil of cleansing) and i never needed anything else. Sadly, they moved it to the wrong traitline and condi application has been increased to a degree that demands for more cleanses.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I just realized Torch has a trait. Then I looked at it and realized Torch doesn’t have a trait.

lol.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I was taking 4-4.5k shatter hits, something gonna get nerfed hard I suspect. Maybe that’s normal? I don’t know I havnt mesmered for like 2years.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I was taking 4-4.5k shatter hits, something gonna get nerfed hard I suspect. Maybe that’s normal? I don’t know I havnt mesmered for like 2years.

It’s normal considering how much damage everyone is doing now.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

Mesmer shatter damage as far as I can tell hasn’t changed one bit, though phantasms got a 15% buff, it’s not that big a deal. The only thing that has changed is they got a bit more survivability, they’re still choosing the same things in duelling mostly with the extra blind on shatter or mirror on on dodge.

Domination is largely the same but they can take confounding suggestions as well now (but then everyone gets to pick extra) or some other combo.

A lot go illusions which while, illusionary persona and elasticity were made baseline, they now have to choose might on shatter as its a master major not a minor. A lot will pick the torch trait for a cleanse or compounding power, not much different here and certainly no more damage modifiers than before. Master of fragmentation is all the old shatter adjustments rolled into one, most are kinda meh but reflect on distortion and AoE daze are the most useful.

What did change is now inspiration if you drop actually gives you as a shatter Mesmer a realistic way to survive better which works with shatters.

Chaos now offers some decent buffs to manipulation so we get lower cool down blink as well as PU which now actually is worth taking for power builds.

TLDR: The only thing that’s really changed is mesmers aren’t spending 90% of the fight running away and devoting all their utilities to simply not get swatted like a bug.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

12k backstabs on a 4 to 5s effective CD if landed…. shatter hits don’t seem that unbalanced to me.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

(edited by Sadrien.3470)

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

12k backstabs on a 4 to 5s effective CD if landed…. shatter hits don’t seem that unbalanced to me.

But they’re Mesmers! They need to deal 1k with Shatters on pure glass cannon!

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

But they’re Mesmers! They need to deal 1k with Shatters on pure glass cannon!

The only trait that is genuinely OP on mesmers right now is PU, but it’s MtD that gets nerfed lol.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

So Mesmer is good then? Can I come back and not regret full zerk?

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

So Mesmer is good then? Can I come back and not regret full zerk?

Mes has always been doing good.

We got some nice upgrades with the patch- they make more builds feel more complete, after that theres two traits that need tunning down (specially Chaos second grandmaster trait) and some trait bugs.

The huge damage itself its a consequence of the 30% stat increase in amulets and gear, we are hitting higher but also the other classes, the difference its that most dont go zerk and have a burst that depends on setup, hence the current situation.

Anet its aware of the damage been too high and it will probably be tunned down soon.

will mesmers get nerfed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

no they wont get nerf.
Mesmers are fine as well as other classes.