zerk mes runes/sigils?

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Hey I just made a new zerk mesmer and so far I’m having a blast in wvw. (I play my mes almost wvw exclusively. I’ve yet to try him on pve). Anyways, I bought all my zerk stuff using cof items. I wanna know what runes/sigils work well with a full zerker mes.

Two rune sets I’m contemplating now are runes of vampirism and runes of melandru. The vamp helps me stay a bit longer in fights as well as an automatic “get out quick” bonus in the rune set, while melandru is more for anti-conditions. My typical set-up with my mes is the normal heal skill (with clones thingy, idk the name), portal, either mantra of stability thingy or decoy (basically, this is my flex uitlity slot) and last is blink. My elite is usually TW or mass invi.

I’m considering melandru because from what you’ve seen, I have 0 condi removal. I can put there arcane thievery or null field, but its not as consistent as I want it to be (I kinda wish I have my elixer remove-all-condi from eng but that’d be too imba haha). That with the -40% condi duration food buff will really help me not bother with conditions that much. I can handle stuns well due to blink (and usually decoy as another stun breaker) but immobilize really kills me =/

For sigils, with the whole vamp thing I might consider sigil of blood both on my GS and sword, and sigil of endurance on my focus.

Any recommendations?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Posted by: SuburbanLion.8095

SuburbanLion.8095

I used to run Vamp runes, but the 6pc bonus seemed to get me killed more often than it saved me. I moved to Air runes and never looked back.

The thing about these two rune sets is that similar effects can be gained with food buffs. I usually carry both Omnomberry Pies and Lemongrass Poultry Soup and switch between them as I need too.

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

+1 for Air. Crit damage, swiftness, lit strike goodness.

Mel runes on a full zerk mes won’t help much… they work far better if you’re tanky. As full zerk you want to kill them asap… not try to mitigate incoming conditions which take time to kill you.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

penatbater.4710

+1 for Air. Crit damage, swiftness, lit strike goodness.

Mel runes on a full zerk mes won’t help much… they work far better if you’re tanky. As full zerk you want to kill them asap… not try to mitigate incoming conditions which take time to kill you.

ahhhh cool thanks. but… its 12g+ for a set x.x

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darzinth.7960

Darzinth.7960

Ruby Orbs. FTW.

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Celestial Apocalypse
Mesmer – Krissadi | Warrior – Bloodpriest Rosette

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Runes of the Mesmer x5
Ruby orb x1. Slightly better then full ruby orbs. (65power>10% crit damage and 20pre)

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Runes of the Mesmer x5
Ruby orb x1. Slightly better then full ruby orbs. (65power>10% crit damage and 20pre)

thats wrong in so many ways

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Aberrant.6749

Ruby Orbs. FTW.

This is a good option if you’re broke. 12g may seem like a lot to some one new to the game, but Air has nice effects. In the meantime you can use orbs. Here is a list of all of the runes for you – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

penatbater.4710

alright, so for air, is the 6th rune bonus worth it?

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Aberrant.6749

Yea it is… the lightning strike is the same as the one from the sigil so it hits pretty hard, 20% is a high chance (1/5), and 10s cooldown is short for these sorts of proc when hit abilities.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Runes of the Mesmer x5

thats wrong in so many ways

lol +10% crit damage on something that can hit for 8k (izerker) alone is waaaaaaaay better than pitiful 65 power but that’s not all, you also get 20 precision as bonus… Crit damage is more important on glassy builds that’s why i stick to 5 golemancer runes and 1 divinity.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

alright, so for air, is the 6th rune bonus worth it?

Hehe let me answer your question by this.

See last fight 7:30 and notice the crit dmg of the proc. Now consider its on a warrior. Imagine what It would done to a 12 k BS thief. I had 6,5k + crits after the nerf last year. also its 1 every 10 sec so its a huuuuuge dmg bonus compared to a few extra stats.

/Osicat

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

penatbater.4710

haha thanks osicat for the effort, but unfortunately, youtube is blocked in china T___T thanks for explaining though) I’ll put some bids on air now

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Posted by: KoKaLo.7539

KoKaLo.7539

Divinity runes are also a choice if you got the money. Trade a bit of damage for a bit of survivability while keeping critical damage high

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

penatbater.4710

Divinity runes are also a choice if you got the money. Trade a bit of damage for a bit of survivability while keeping critical damage high

div runes are out of the question for me x.x Waaay too expensive and I think learning to survive is another important skill to have as a mes. :p

Alright so with air runes, what sigils would match them? For GS and sword/focus (since i wvw a lot on my mes)

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

Air Runes are a good choice.
I’m still personally undecided on sigils. I do run bloodlust on greatsword and sword to 25 stacks and then have another greatsword which I currently have sigil of stamina because I run a shatter build with clones on dodge. But I’ve been thinking of changing it up to Fire for some more AoE.

I’m sure it’s debatable, but I think fire might work out nice to do more AoE not just for the dps but for tagging more players and getting more bags.

Although me personally I really like making clones on dodge, however I’m not always fighting in a big zerg so I’m thinking of also switching to Energy for something a little more reliable.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

div runes are out of the question for me x.x Waaay too expensive and I think learning to survive is another important skill to have as a mes. :p

Alright so with air runes, what sigils would match them? For GS and sword/focus (since i wvw a lot on my mes)

if you have the trait that dodge to create a clone, you should consider adding a sigil of energy to one of your weapon set. I run GS/Staff (with GS as my main), I have the sigil of energy on my staff.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leuddian.3057

Leuddian.3057

Air is great for mes due to our lack of swiftness. Centuar is also a good rune for longer lasting swiftness, but Air’s crit damage and proc beats that IMO.

If you simply want to see big numbers on your screen, Scholar and Eagle are the strongest runes. You may also get Ogre for stable damage.

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

wads.5730

Air is great for mes due to our lack of swiftness. Centuar is also a good rune for longer lasting swiftness, but Air’s crit damage and proc beats that IMO.

If you simply want to see big numbers on your screen, Scholar and Eagle are the strongest runes. You may also get Ogre for stable damage.

the math has been done, search the forums, ruby orbs give the highest raw dps next to scholar, but you have to be >90% hp

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

Air (10% Crit Bonus, 20% Swiftness Duration, 5(6)sec Swiftness on Heal, 20% chance Lightning Strike on being hit) > Centaur (165 Power, 20% Swiftness Duration, 10(12)sec Swiftness on Heal, +15% Bleed Duration) for Utility and Damage, even with only half of Centaur’s Swiftness Duration.

That said, Superior Runes of Air typically cost about 3 to 4 times as much as Superior Runes of the Centaur, which is why I run with the latter. (Some day, I’ll get some Air Runes!)

Crystal Desert

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

penatbater.4710

haha I already placed orders on my runes of air so I’ll just be waiting for them to come If I get a sigil of lightning on my GS, and sigil of perception (+prec stack) and sigil of energy on my sword/focus, what do you guys think? Does the sigil of lightning overlap rune of air’s lightning strike CD?

The reason I wanna go with sigil of perception is that on almost full zerker gear (im using the ancient karka earing and no backpiece atm, not enough fractal tokens), my crit chance is around 45 or 47% only. I don’t feel this is high enough. I want it to be at least 50% or more even so i can fully benefit from rune of air’s +10% crit damage.

(I also wanna see more 2.5k crits on mantra of pain. I’m currently in a mantra build but I think I’ll change that to a shatter-ish build. Mantra is good on 1v1 or small teams, but is terrible in zergvzerg, which is what I often find myself in in wvw).

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

wads.5730

haha I already placed orders on my runes of air so I’ll just be waiting for them to come If I get a sigil of lightning on my GS, and sigil of perception (+prec stack) and sigil of energy on my sword/focus, what do you guys think? Does the sigil of lightning overlap rune of air’s lightning strike CD?

The reason I wanna go with sigil of perception is that on almost full zerker gear (im using the ancient karka earing and no backpiece atm, not enough fractal tokens), my crit chance is around 45 or 47% only. I don’t feel this is high enough. I want it to be at least 50% or more even so i can fully benefit from rune of air’s +10% crit damage.

(I also wanna see more 2.5k crits on mantra of pain. I’m currently in a mantra build but I think I’ll change that to a shatter-ish build. Mantra is good on 1v1 or small teams, but is terrible in zergvzerg, which is what I often find myself in in wvw).

you’d want sigil of fire instead of lightning strike on GS. the damage is nearly the same, but fire is aoe.

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

penatbater.4710

Ahhh i see i see. thanks! Time to save up money! >.< Is sigil of +prec ok on this type of mes?

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

wads.5730

i use +prec with full zerk mes too, at a certain point of crit damage, adding more crit chance gives higher damage than adding more power.

although i’m not exactly sure when that is, i’m sure it’s in a spreadsheet somewhere. plus +prec is so much cheaper than bloodlust

zerk mes runes/sigils?

in Mesmer

penatbater.4710

plus +prec is so much cheaper than bloodlust

haha this is my main reason going with +prec. 6g for a sigil is just crazy expensive, not to mention it’s so hard to get it to full 25 stacks. I do, however, miss doing 4k crit (on last hit, i cba to tally the entire combo) on sword #2 skill while I was buffed with 9 stacks of might. :o Sometimes, I think sword has an even higher dps than GS.