100% Condition Duration

100% Condition Duration

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Now that it is possible to get over 100% condition duration with Giver’s weapons for all conditions I was wondering if any Necro’s have been taking advantage of this. I play an Engineer and I can tell you that this last patch was a big buff overall for condition users.

In my thread I explain the condition damage vs. condition duration as well. Take a peak:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/The-New-Meta-for-WvW/first

I would love to see some builds if you got some around this concept!

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

100% Condition Duration

in Necromancer

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Necro can also take a trait for +50% fear durration so 150% fear duration total.^^ Sad Necro fears are only 1 second tho when war and theif both get triple that length ; ;.

Necro with 100% cd dur + 50% fear duration = 2.5 second fear(aoe)
War or theif with 100% cd duration = 6 second fear (aoe)(Dragon length T.T)

On the bright side BiP is a 1m bleed with 100% duration, and bleeds from Mark of Blood on staff is kinda redic if you have staff cooldown trait^^

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

100% Condition Duration

in Necromancer

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

Necro can also take a trait for +50% fear durration so 150% fear duration total.^^ Sad Necro fears are only 1 second tho when war and theif both get triple that length ; ;.

On the bright side BiP is a 1m bleed with 100% duration, and bleeds from Mark of Blood on staff is kinda redic if you have staff cooldown trait^^

Yeah, but you only need 50% duration + fear duration trait to get Terror to tick twice

100% Condition Duration

in Necromancer

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Yeah, but you only need 50% duration + fear duration trait to get Terror to tick twice

Good point^^ I don’t play conditon much at all, and always for get tthat fear can tick for 1200 damage~! lol~ that is pretty epic

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

100% Condition Duration

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

On my necro I haven’t been taking advantage of it. I also haven’t gone into WvWvW with it, so… there’s that.

Necros have had long duration conditions for a very long time. Hemophilia gives 20% bleed, 30 into the power tree gives a further 30% into everything (including bleeds), and then from there you can get the extra 50% bleed duration from countless sources. One is 2 runes of the krait + 2 runes of the afflicted + 2 runs of the centaur for a total 95% bleed duration. Currently on my necro I use sigil of superior agony + rare veggie pizza for a 100% bleed duration and 70% duration for other conditions. I don’t want to invest too heavily onto anything since I switch between power necro to hybrid to condition necro on the fly, so 100%/70% has been sufficient for what I plan to do.

And then you have to include lingering curses, which gives an extra 33% on top of all that to scepter skills. Ah… nothing quite like a 13 second bleed on auto attack. But regardless, at 70% duration necros already have perma poison, perma cripple/chill, and perma weakness depending on what weapons and traits they’ve opted for.

I suppose an advantage would be that Necros can, instead of investing into the power tree, could invest into other things and then just let the giver’s weapons increase the duration instead. For a pure condition build, this seems like a viable option.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.