100% in love with necro

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

And I just don’t know what to do :O

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

Make some little necros
Ok, no joke…Necro is only class i like to play as well, so whats the problem ?)

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Against all odds, even if people tell you it won’t work play my MM build, realize you love it… I’ll even give you a few tips.

Build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRBHbhG2IhWpetmrG9eCQSR0UP9gbwDHSRuSD-T4AgzCtIcS5kzJjTyisFNCZFyugTBzCeFA
(if link doesn’t work just copy paste to browser)

Keep all pets up when able, as they’re a lot of your damage, and heal you when they attack. Allow them to do their job by focusing a lot on keeping yourself alive and CCing as much as possible. Try to avoid spamming ccs at once. Try to combo them such as Dark Pact immobilize then as it ends use your Bone Fiend’s immobilize, followed by a Flesh’s charge, then swap to axe/Focus to chill your enemy. If you have life force at this time you can even quickly hit f1, use 2 (for the chill and teleport to them), and then 3 to fear them and immediately leave, and swap back to dagger. By then you should be up for another Dark Pack.

You get dagger 2 for a nice drain to toss while they’re cced, and unless you’re AOE bombed minions recharge fast enough to not be a big deal. Your main source of damage surprisingly is actually the 3 forms of Leech (2 from Vampire runes, and 1 from each of your weapons on swaps. That said, swap often!)

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

That is, of course, if you are referring to PVP.

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: DigitalMan.8592

DigitalMan.8592

Interesting, what if your NOT doing pvp? I mainly do PVE and have not done any pvp or wvw. However your build is the same thing i have been trying to do. I want minions and as much life leech siphon as possible (thats how i play diablo)

I have been using staff, i just hit 80 this weekend, would you recommend all berserker gear for this also?

I am still not happy with the amount of siphon i am getting but dont have the runes yet. do they make a big difference?

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Based on what you said “minions, draining life” that’s literally what my build is, im sure later on it could work similarly in PVE, or at least as an MM its as good as its going to get, from what I hear MM doesn’t really shine in pve.

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Necros can pve, they just aren’t as good at clearing trash (which makes no sense, dks in wow were kings of trash cleanup.) because our melee is single target and our only strong power-build aoes are on big cds (Wells, DS #4). It terms of killing bosses our single target dps is up there.

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Necros can clear trash easily, we have tons of AoE damage. MMs in PvE are pretty nice because you can run a lot of other builds on top of them, and just use them as extras.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Necros can pve, they just aren’t as good at clearing trash (which makes no sense, dks in wow were kings of trash cleanup.) because our melee is single target and our only strong power-build aoes are on big cds (Wells, DS #4). It terms of killing bosses our single target dps is up there.

Funny, I’ve always looked at it the opposite way.
Marks are great for tagging tons of targets in Orr and in WvW, Life Transfer as well!
Well of Suffering’s cooldown is annoying, but it deals nice damage.

Vs a Single target you need to go melee as a clothie to deal good damage and you still don’t deal as much damage as many of the hardest hitters.
It’s not too shabby, though.

And if you go Condition then it’s not even a contest.
Vs a single boss you hit the 25 bleed stack cap and your damage sucks, vs multiple targets you’ve got so much more.
Epidemic especially is just crazy vs hordes of mobs.

Benight[Edge]

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vandole.4150

Vandole.4150

People are always saying… necro can’t do this, can’t do that…. seriously?
try a different strategy? Necros excel in having a variety of options…

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Einherjar.5761

Einherjar.5761

Axe and smart use of death shroud can give you good result and very high “burst” for a necro. Oh, and that’s from 600-900 range as a clothie. Melee? hehehe… nah
+ 22k HP Base

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

Quakeman.9378

People are always saying… necro can’t do this, can’t do that…. seriously?
try a different strategy? Necros excel in having a variety of options…

I 100% agree. I used to play warrior a lot, but the lack of variety/adaptability got old.

“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

Guys, with all my love to this class, it has issues → spezialy with mobility.
And as our pvp is based on mobility it is hard to be max effective.
I won’t say anythink about pve and wvw, as it is pretty bording for me.

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

Quakeman.9378

Against all odds, even if people tell you it won’t work play my MM build, realize you love it… I’ll even give you a few tips.

Build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRBHbhG2IhWpetmrG9eCQSR0UP9gbwDHSRuSD-T4AgzCtIcS5kzJjTyisFNCZFyugTBzCeFA
(if link doesn’t work just copy paste to browser)

Keep all pets up when able, as they’re a lot of your damage, and heal you when they attack. Allow them to do their job by focusing a lot on keeping yourself alive and CCing as much as possible. Try to avoid spamming ccs at once. Try to combo them such as Dark Pact immobilize then as it ends use your Bone Fiend’s immobilize, followed by a Flesh’s charge, then swap to axe/Focus to chill your enemy. If you have life force at this time you can even quickly hit f1, use 2 (for the chill and teleport to them), and then 3 to fear them and immediately leave, and swap back to dagger. By then you should be up for another Dark Pack.

You get dagger 2 for a nice drain to toss while they’re cced, and unless you’re AOE bombed minions recharge fast enough to not be a big deal. Your main source of damage surprisingly is actually the 3 forms of Leech (2 from Vampire runes, and 1 from each of your weapons on swaps. That said, swap often!)

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Quake I’ve tried pming you ingame… You never respond. T_T

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

Quakeman.9378

Quake I’ve tried pming you ingame… You never respond. T_T

Err sorry just realized I left my game running xD
Gonna get on now

100% in love with necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

I don’t mean to rain the the parade or anything… Necro’s have it pretty rough. Their extreme lack of stability and escapes make them an easy target in pvp. Elementalists (d/d ele to be specific) have some amazing cc and damage capabilities while also doing amazing aoe, hp regen, and drenched in stability / blocks/ invulnerability.

Necro’s are cool and still my favorite in terms of my interest in necromancer type classes in general. But when you do a real comparison to some of the other classes its hard to say necros have an even playing field with a straight face. Once you start to do some pvp versus some experienced players you might see what I mean.

I do think you can do well in pvp as a necro. But its not easy. Not nearly as easy as playing an ele, mesmer, etc. When in concentrated team fights like a 3v3 or the like, necro’s will inevitably be the first one focused due to their extreme lack of stability and mobility. Health is only worth anything if you can couple it with other defenses.

Watch some videos on eles with only 14k hp, constantly regening, escaping, blocking, etc and not even having to use their heal skill. It’s not about how much health you have. You can have 40k health but if you lack skills providing survivability that life pool means nothing.

err anyways, glhf.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)