20,000 damage from pistol whip

in Necromancer

Posted by: forice.3165

forice.3165

i saw a thief in closed distance in pvp. and i used life siphon on him. and he just killed in 4 seconds. there was no a skill that i could escape from this. and most necromancer skills have casting delay.(you can’t use skill instantly like mesmer.)

one thing i dont understand is mesmer has high damages with many instant skills but necromaner skills are weak but those are not instant.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teknomancer.8475

Teknomancer.8475

i saw a thief in closed distance in pvp. and i used life siphon on him. and he just killed in 4 seconds. there was no a skill that i could escape from this. and most necromancer skills have casting delay.(you can’t use skill instantly like mesmer.)

one thing i dont understand is mesmer has high damages with many instant skills but necromaner skills are weak but those are not instant.

Just curious Forice, do you usually play with these forums in the background? You REALLY update these forums with just about everything you do. Not that its a bad thing for people to voice their concerns…its just…a lot. =)

edit bad grammarzzzzzzz!

(edited by Teknomancer.8475)

in Necromancer

Posted by: DoctorWhy.3847

DoctorWhy.3847

I understand your pain, but you are preaching to the choir here. All the threads you started to complain about the state of the necro could all be put in one.

Also… ANet devs are not going to listen to us, as they seem to hate the necro as is proved by the amount of updates for them (zero). And they will not read all these complaints.

in Necromancer

DoctorWhy.3847

Just curious Forice, do you usually play with these forums in the background? You REALLY update these forums with just about everything you do. Not that its a bad thing for people to voice their concerns…its just…alot. =)

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

in Necromancer

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

I understand your pain, but you are preaching to the choir here. All the threads you started to complain about the state of the necro could all be put in one.

Also… ANet devs are not going to listen to us, as they seem to hate the necro as is proved by the amount of updates for them (zero). And they will not read all these complaints.

They are actively reading the sticky-ed thread at the top of the forum. They are working on fixes for the issues. If you have a legitimate concern, post in the bug thread. They can’t be everywhere and still fix the game.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-bugs-compilation-NB92-NT9/page/6#post204833

in Necromancer

DoctorWhy.3847

That still doesn’t excuse the lack of updates for the class with the most bugs. I understand they are working on a lot of other bugs, but come on! Half of me doesn’t even work =/ . Also, my statement is still true. They do not read these complaints. I wasn’t complaining about that… I was just stating that all these threads about the necro are not going to be read

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teknomancer.8475

Teknomancer.8475

Just curious Forice, do you usually play with these forums in the background? You REALLY update these forums with just about everything you do. Not that its a bad thing for people to voice their concerns…its just…alot. =)

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

Oops, thanks Dr. I forget to look over what I write when I am at work =(

in Necromancer

cerulean moth.2743

I would assume that the lack of updates so far is inline with the time-expectations we were given by the dev who responded originally in the sticky-ed thread. He said at least a week before any changes were made. I would assume that after this fiasco of bugs for this class, the development team responsible for the class are working intently at delivering good quality fixes that don’t introduce additional bugs to the class.

They’ve also moved to a mainly weekly delivery of big patches, so if things weren’t ready for this week’s patch, it was likely delayed to next week or the following.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Archmagel.1350

Archmagel.1350

If the devs updated us on the status of Necro fixing as much as forice updates these forums, then we would be set. Not complaining, because, these are valid points, but, many valid points 10 times down the first forum page! XD

Fort Aspenwood~ Archmage Logan(80 Necro)
(“Big Hat”)Praise the Sun!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

and then he abandons his thread – LMAO. obvious troll is obvious

in Necromancer

Posted by: Magzillas.4865

Magzillas.4865

Hmm…sounds to me like you weren’t using death shroud properly.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

I would assume that the lack of updates so far is inline with the time-expectations we were given by the dev who responded originally in the sticky-ed thread. He said at least a week before any changes were made. I would assume that after this fiasco of bugs for this class, the development team responsible for the class are working intently at delivering good quality fixes that don’t introduce additional bugs to the class.

They’ve also moved to a mainly weekly delivery of big patches, so if things weren’t ready for this week’s patch, it was likely delayed to next week or the following.

Problem with that is lots of these bugs have been in the game since the first BWE. So they have had months to fix them.

Setnnex-Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Corpus.5347

Corpus.5347

I would love to see an unedited combat log screenshot of pistolwhip hitting for 20k damage.

Rhyzen – warrior
Cyrix Casden – engineer
GSCH – Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sjach Darasv.3729

Sjach Darasv.3729

Hrm my healing/toughnes focused necro, through a combination of plague form and use of dodges/wells ate 44 thief pistol whip hits, 44. Those 44 hits did a total of drumroll 10k damage, and he was rocking quickness, to bad it didn’t do much for him when I’m in plague form with 5k + toughnes and 40k + health and spamming blind.

~Lone Shadow~

in Necromancer

cerulean moth.2743

Problem with that is lots of these bugs have been in the game since the first BWE. So they have had months to fix them.

True, but this is the first time it’s been clearly stated that a dev is reading a stickied bugs task and has promised a bug patch as soon as possible. The last time “necro love” was promised, it was just a skill re-balance. I’m trusting Jon to get us some updates. At least for now.

in Necromancer

DoctorWhy.3847

Hopefully Jon will come through then (sooner rather than later. Cause if (some of) these get fixed sometime in the next week, then that is at least enough proof that they are trying) if not, then … I am just seriously wondering if devs are paying any attention to the havoc these bugs are causing in this forum, and the severe unbalancing caused by them.

in Necromancer

Posted by: forice.3165

forice.3165

i want to delete my thread if i can. but the moderator will delete any thread that is not helpful for their guild wars 2 product. and i read every threads that i have posted if i can.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

You’re an idiot if you seriously expect us to believe that you took a 20k pistol whip. I play a Thief and I’m telling you now, that’s a lie.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Pistol whip may not hit for that much, but backstab most definitely can(on other Berserkers that is). Thieves are pre-casting cloak and dagger then stealing(also hits pretty hard) to gurantee the hit for stealth to backstab.