2620 matches 791 as necro, thoughts..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Of all the classes I’ve played, necro still feels like it has the least tools at its disposal. without shroud for scourge, I suspect it will not be a good time..

No get out of jail free cards. No blocks, no immunities, no evades, lack of blinds without using a huge cd, or weird weapon combos.

Lack of movement abilities (that are reliable, see below)

Our teleport is severely lacking (wurm should be insta teleport, spawning the wurm at the teleport’s location, or where we teleported from)

Our swiftness comes from an offensive ability, so we don’t get to use it for most of its usefulness (wh5) (suggestion: make wh 5 swiftness and +small insta life force gain, add locust swarm to wh4)

Here comes the “necros are fine” posts. Sure.. they are… but it’s one of the most frustrating things to play sometimes. It’s about fun, right?

Attachments:

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

necros are fine

fun is a social construct

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

necros are fine

that 50% you got carried prety much XD

because you either got carried as necro to Win or you lose…

a necro by design cant carry games alone like all the other classes can…. lacks the tools for it

so no necro is not fine… if a class needs to be baby sitted to be usefull then the class is Under powered…. and needs work…

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

necros are fine

a necro by design cant carry games alone like all the other classes can…. lacks the tools for it

so no necro is not fine… if a class needs to be baby sitted to be usefull then the class is Under powered…. and needs work…

Yeah, no. Good calligraphers don’t blame the brush. You went on about how power reapers need to rely on RS1 to dps, which is LOLs already. Hard to believe anything you say.

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

necros are fine

Yeah, no. Good calligraphers don’t blame the brush. You went on about how power reapers need to rely on RS1 to dps, which is LOLs already. Hard to believe anything you say.

now your lying ? lol i never said that EVER in my life on these forums….
facts pls…

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

necros are fine

facts pls…

this is what you wrote in response to my ‘does everyone here camp shroud’ topic:

Yeah sure, there’s barely a silver lining to VP getting nerfed, but even without it, at over 50%, its enough to pull off an RS4, RS5 and a couple auto chains of RS1 for good measure.

I’m talking PvP of course. You can still sponge burst attacks with shroud, even more than before if you pick up the new VP.

Its really not the end of the world.

Unless you are camping shroud of course, in which case LOL.

im 100% sure your not playing anykind of working Power build thats for freaking sure…
your those condi meta boys am i right ?

as a Power Reaper ALLOT of our dmg is in the form… ALLOT…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azzara Nectum.1734

Azzara Nectum.1734

necros are fine

Looking at those numbers in attach:
- You get 59% win rate on necro in over 3700 games
- You almost get the same win ratio with a class like Guardian, which you hardly played in comparisson

I draw the following conclusion when I see those numbers:
- A class like Guardian is much easier to pick up, play and have moderate success in sPvP compared to others.

Would that be because of, but not limited to:
- better mobility
- better active defense through blocks and invul
- higher burst damage
- inherent higher toughness through heavy armor
- better utility skills (either through lower cooldown or no downside like self harm corruption skills)
???

— Slave of the Free World —

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nothing.8564

Nothing.8564

I honestly love the current state of necromancer in tpvp. We’re the last profession that has any dignity. Our defenses were not super inflated to the point of being ridiculous like all of the others when HoT launched. Yes, this means that we have less options available than others, but I’ve never felt like this prevented necro from being viable.

I have two builds that I run in ranked games.

Beserker amulet necro:
https://youtu.be/N2etLZ6l_VY

Viper amulet necro:
https://youtu.be/b4xrx61UShQ

Both builds are night and day different, but still revolve around the same concept necro has been locked to, good positioning.

Having good positioning is more important than defensive stats or traits. We do not have the dodges/blocks/evades/immunes/invulns/resistance/stealth/ect that other professions do and Next to no movement abilities, this leaves us as being a pinata.

I am slightly concerned with how necro will be for this expansion, if we see a rise in overall damage output in tpvp, us being a pinata might not end well with our current defenses.

1073 ranked games played, 703 ranked games won on necromancer. I’ve played necro in spvp/tpvp way back when paid tournaments were a thing and I even have the Challenger of the Arena title for placed in the top 60 in paid tournaments around launch of the game.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

- better mobility

most of my guardian playtime was from playing bunker guard during the old zoo meta when spirit ranger and dhuumfire made everything awful. the build back then had no mobility at all

well yes, that was what the old bunker guard build was all about, you mostly ran in circles trying to block stuff with mace while healing yourself and removing conditions with shouts

- higher burst damage

it’s been a long time but i remember staff auto being pretty weak

armor class has never mattered

- better utility skills (either through lower cooldown or no downside like self harm corruption skills)

if you’re using corruption skills and you’ve got no way to transfer them you dun goofed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

- better mobility

most of my guardian playtime was from playing bunker guard during the old zoo meta when spirit ranger and dhuumfire made everything awful. the build back then had no mobility at all

well yes, that was what the old bunker guard build was all about, you mostly ran in circles trying to block stuff with mace while healing yourself and removing conditions with shouts

- higher burst damage

it’s been a long time but i remember staff auto being pretty weak

armor class has never mattered

if you’re using corruption skills and you’ve got no way to transfer them you dun goofed

woo boy, dis guy.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

necros are fine

facts pls…

this is what you wrote in response to my ‘does everyone here camp shroud’ topic:

Yeah sure, there’s barely a silver lining to VP getting nerfed, but even without it, at over 50%, its enough to pull off an RS4, RS5 and a couple auto chains of RS1 for good measure.

I’m talking PvP of course. You can still sponge burst attacks with shroud, even more than before if you pick up the new VP.

Its really not the end of the world.

Unless you are camping shroud of course, in which case LOL.

im 100% sure your not playing anykind of working Power build thats for freaking sure…
your those condi meta boys am i right ?

as a Power Reaper ALLOT of our dmg is in the form… ALLOT…

yes and i was talking about the Entire kit not 1 spam… where did i said there the 1 spam ? where ? go betwin 2-3 people and see how mutch dmg you do with an entire rotation reaper shroud…

sadly its sooo bad nowdays that i use like 2 abilities and its allready gone thx to all the dmg flying in my face……

that entire Shroud was designed for multiple targets… yet does not have the defenses to be used for what it was designed….

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2