30 points in Deathshroud does not give extra 30% increase???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyorai.1630

Nyorai.1630

It’s sad to see an issue like this buried and forgotten.

Well we can’t do anything about it and Anet seems not to care. Not sure what else there is to do.

We can talk about it, we can do more testing, we can have a look through others peoples tests to find any flaws or good points. Just imagine if any other professions attribute would do nothing. There would be an uproar with people creating dozens of threads to complain about the same thing. In here even people don’t seem to care. I do however have a hope that keeping this at least on the front page would mean to ANet that this issue does need attention. At least an explanation because most people come to the conclusion that the 30% increase is not there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

This tread needs to be sticky.

Wonder if devs are getting mad at the necro players for finding all these bugs….

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: oneking.7396

oneking.7396

Why should devs get mad at necro players?

It’s more like players getting mad cause we still waiting for specific changes and not just … “soon”.

Anyway starting a warrior … since i got the feeling Necro and FOTM gonna be in Feb 2014 or so …

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

And it would be nice if they could elaborate on the parts that are “working as intended”…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zelkovan.2630

Zelkovan.2630

Hm, i’d like to test this out too. If this really is a bug then this is just sad, our mechanic that is supposed to be unique to us doesn’t even work in the trait line.

Gonna help this thread so Devs can see this issue and hopefully check it our or at least explain how this works.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

I think I found out how to see if it’s increase or not, and unfortunately it isn’t about taking damage, it’s about how much you ditch out instead.

I changed my DS build from 30/20/0/0/20 to 30/20/0/20/0 to test the healing in DS (which works, even if it’s abysmal compared to the flat 4% we lose) and I’ve noticed my Lifeblast hitting for almost half of what they did, with full lifeforce, same gear. Now Lifeblast states that it hits more the more lifeforce you got, so I guess my 20% more lifeforce was helping there.

I don’t feel more tankier with Soul Reaping, but it certainly deals a lot more damage (we’re talking about 2,4k LB against 1k LB without Soul Reaping, and that’s without crit) so maybe that’s an avenue that can help bring numbers to the table.

Have fun!

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Nyorai.1630

Very interesting Panhauramix.

I actually just tested this myself and did not get the same effect. I was using Soldiers amulet in mists and no other points but soul reaping. With 30 in soul reaping damage increased by about 50 per attack which can be attributed to 25 point minot trait which increases you damage by 5% if you got over 50% life force. Are you sure nothing else changed? Maybe your opponents had more toughness?

in Necromancer

Xom.9264

Tested, did not get the results you did Pan.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Now Lifeblast states that it hits more the more lifeforce you got, so I guess my 20% more lifeforce was helping there.

What life blast does it do one amount of direct damage when you’re above 50% LF, and a quite lower one when below 50%.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

I was wondering: what if Gluttony is multiplicative instead of additive?
This mean: if the Staff auto-attack regenerate 3% Life Force if Glutty is additive it should generate 8% and it would be evident (I tested: it does not).
If Gluttony is multiplicative, instead, it would generate 5% more of the original 3%, this mean a wonderful 3.15% instead of 3% (3 + 3 * 0.05 = 3.15).
Since every other minor trait we have are insignificant (they are “Just” 5 points! Why would they be powerful?) I think this is possible.
But I still think it just doesn’t work, with steady weapons I noticed no change though it must be so small it’s impossible to notice. I also HOPE Gluttony doesn’t work at all instead of being multiplicative because if I’m right… well.. your conclusions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

It would be way too OP if it were additive, even if it were a grandmaster trait and it’s an adept trait… But even multiplicative, I don’t think it works. Easy way to test it: go to the Mists, deplete all your Life Force and start using Necrotic Grasp on one of the golems. If it adds 3.15% instead of 3%, you should see yourself gain 4% at some point (depending on how the rounding happens, that should be either after 4 or 7 attacks). Last time I checked, I never saw this happening.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

Well I’ll be kitten I can’t get those numbers back too in the Mist, Murphy’s law oblige. Must be when WvW had orbs, under 50% and such…

So right SR seems almost good only for +Crit damage and some of his trait. I’ll gladly take some changes in the next patch

We can still “heal” lifeforce though, just need to see what heals it and what doesnt and if one day we’ll be able to stick in that form longer.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

So yeah i think this is great. We have ruled out just about anything that the +life force could be and all points to it not working.

(edited by gamefreak.5673)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Nyorai.1630 – the SR trait actually gives +20 power pre 20% LF (the BWE trait) they just fudged up the tooltip as always.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

It MUST be additive! 5% multiplicative is simply useless!

in Necromancer

Nyorai.1630

Thanks Andele, that’s good to know.

And I too believe that it’s multiplicative for gluttony. Additive would be incredibly strong for a adept minor trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Karl McLain

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Hi all!
As you suspect, the Soul Reaping line is not functioning correctly. It’s intended to grant an additional 1% life force per point spent, but does not do so. A fix is already on the way for it and will be coming in a patch very soon. Keep in mind that it will still degenerate based on a percent of the maximum amount, but you’ll be able to take more damage overall.

To test (when it’s fixed): If your life force bar is full and you put points into the trait line, you’ll see empty space appear where the extra percentage is gained.

-Karl

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

AAa nice thanks for the answer!

I have been expecting this kind of answer for quite some time.

Finally SR will be even more useful!

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Hope to see more responses in the future

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

is….is this a red post? :-O

anyway, thanks a lot for the answer!

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ignicity.7938

Ignicity.7938

I’m not sure which I’m more stunned by: the fact that a fix is reportedly coming for Necro’s or the fact that a red post found its way into the Necro forums.

Either way, please fix the rest of our profession!

(updates on where you guys are with all these fixes that are needed, would be nice too)

\ig-nis-i-tee\
Ignicity – 80 Necromancer
Unreal Aussies [uA] – Isle of Janthir

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

I’m not sure which I’m more stunned by: the fact that a fix is reportedly coming for Necro’s or the fact that a red post found its way into the Necro forums.

Either way, please fix the rest of our profession!

(updates on where you guys are with all these fixes that are needed, would be nice too)

The most stunning fact to me is that I’ve put all my trait points on Soul Reaping to be the final Necromancer according to JP but that was a waste.
I knew that something was wrong, I still felt underpowered.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

the good thing about this: since soul reaping is confirmed to be even more useless, i now have again 15 trait points left to spend

if i would only know what to pick with them… some bugged traits or some weak traits?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Joystick.4103

Joystick.4103

Weak traits definitely, they’re OP.
Go Axe.

in Necromancer

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

the good thing about this: since soul reaping is confirmed to be even more useless, i now have again 15 trait points left to spend

if i would only know what to pick with them… some bugged traits or some weak traits?

i would go for the strong traits.. oh wait..

in Necromancer

Nyorai.1630

Good (kind of) news! Nice to hear confirmation.

I think some clarity on Life Force mechanics would go a long way as well. Some people seem to have come to a conclusion that condition damage does double damage to Life Force and that’s a bit confusing. We also only know that it’s tied in some way to your HP. Knowing if % number is only displayed or actually rounded up at some point would also be very useful. Clarity always helps people who actually want to plan their builds.

And here I was ready to post on this topic until I got banned for useless posts to keep it on the front page as long as possible

in Necromancer

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

I sure as megakitten hope they fix gluttony along with it.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Necromancer

Xom.9264

Good job necro community testing this and posting results.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jaha.2840

Jaha.2840

Good gracious can you imagine what it will be like with +20-30% more life force hps? I feel pretty powerful as is with DS, and now we’ll be getting more hps in DS? Woooooot! I sure hope it based off of your base hps aka includes vitality in the multiplier.

in Necromancer

gamefreak.5673

Good gracious can you imagine what it will be like with +20-30% more life force hps? I feel pretty powerful as is with DS, and now we’ll be getting more hps in DS? Woooooot! I sure hope it based off of your base hps aka includes vitality in the multiplier.

How you feel powerful with only 4 skills and missing heals, cant see your health or cooldowns, heck no access to utilities makes you weaker already.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Noerknhar.3826

Noerknhar.3826

What was that? Did I just see an official post about a necromancer fix coming soon?

Enuerus Derune – Necromancer, Sylvari
[NO] ~ Ponys Will Never Die

in Necromancer

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Well, I guess I should be glad we get the fix….
but holy kittening kitten i cant believe the entire necro-unique attribute boost was actually bugged :/ Like at what stage is this game, alpha testing?

in Necromancer

gamefreak.5673

but holy kittening kitten i cant believe the entire necro-unique attribute boost was actually bugged :/ Like at what stage is this game, alpha testing?

We should feel loved. Who else has this issue.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

are you kidding? LOL I have the same feeling. Learn to death shroud but, oh, your kitten skill tree FOR death shroud is bugged. COME ON! Does anyone not see the kitten irony in this?

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Not really surprised, as they seem to have struggling with defining just what DS was supposed to be until the very last moment.

It seems to have started out as a necro-specific down state, meaning we would enter DS rather than the customary down state.

then this was modified to a triggered ability while also providing a normal down state. But as we can see from the interface, most of the down state code was carried over (likely why it has so many oddities regarding runes and traits that trigger on low health).

Then apparently people managed to turn this modified DS into a epic bunker build during the beta runs, resulting in a dash to tone it down.

Could very well be that during that dash various code was “temporarily” commented out between builds, to make sure it would not influence some internally run tests, and they forgot to reactivate it afterwards.

But yea, the irony is heavily applied here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

Good (kind of) news! Nice to hear confirmation.

I think some clarity on Life Force mechanics would go a long way as well. Some people seem to have come to a conclusion that condition damage does double damage to Life Force and that’s a bit confusing. We also only know that it’s tied in some way to your HP. Knowing if % number is only displayed or actually rounded up at some point would also be very useful. Clarity always helps people who actually want to plan their builds.

And here I was ready to post on this topic until I got banned for useless posts to keep it on the front page as long as possible

This. Some clarification with the apparently extra (up to double) damage from conditions would be appreciated.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ksielvin.1587

Ksielvin.1587

Well. If you are feeling lonely, it might help to know that Brawn was changed from 1% per trait point to 0.1% per point near the end of beta. 30 points gets you 3% increase to burst skill damage. That’s the profession-unique attribute.

I have long since asked that it be just honestly removed instead of left in slap-in-the-face state. I cannot claim that it is bugged (probably isn’t) but nobody cares enough to check.

There was a valid reason to effectively remove the stat but I’m sure they could’ve come up with something entirely different if it wasn’t so close to launch and other professions didn’t require so much attention. Still, every profession needs bugs fixed and love.

(edited by Ksielvin.1587)

in Necromancer

gamefreak.5673

Well. If you are feeling lonely, it might help to know that Brawn was changed from 1% per trait point to 0.1% per point near the end of beta. 30 points gets you 3% increase to burst skill damage. That’s the profession-unique attribute.

I have long since asked that it be just honestly removed instead of left in slap-in-the-face state. I cannot claim that it is bugged (probably isn’t) but nobody cares enough to check.

There was a valid reason to effectively remove the stat but I’m sure they could’ve come up with something entirely different if it wasn’t so close to launch and other professions didn’t require so much attention. Still, every profession needs bugs fixed and love.

I cant deny alot of bugs and traits need addressed across all the class’s. Just its so sad we have a trait line itself that is broken.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ksielvin.1587

Ksielvin.1587

I cant deny alot of bugs and traits need addressed across all the class’s. Just its so sad we have a trait line itself that is broken.

It certainly is. I’ve been mixing up necro builds with someone else lately and it dampens our spirits to think it does nothing while still wanting the minor/major traits in that line. Good thing a fix is coming!