39% Stealth Damage Buff to Necromancers

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

So after comparing all skill damage from weapon before the patch to now, i just noticed we received a 38.8% buff on skill damage across the board.

Going on base stats and no traits:

Attack 1964
Crit. chance 4%
Armor 1836
Health 18372

Axe
Rending Claws 170 (x2) > 236 (x2)
Ghastly Claws 584 (x8) > 888 (x8) (39% + 10% buff)
Unholy Feast 195 > 269

Scepter
Blood Curse 85 (170 bleed) > 118 (170 bleed)
Grasping Dead 170 (298 bleed) > 235 (298 bleed)
Feast of Corruption 279 > 371

Dagger
Necrotic Slash 220 (x2) >302 (x2)
Necrotic Stab 171 > 235
Necrotic Bite 294 > 403
Life Siphon 657 (x9) > 909 (x9)
Dark Pact 183 > 252

It affects Staffs and all off-hands too but not utilities, Death Shroud or Lich/ Plauge Form.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

dude, did you level up?

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

dude, did you level up?

-_-’ im level 80 and have been since day 3.

Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swadow.6213

Swadow.6213

Golem always gave Stability to himself while charging. Also my guess would be that they just fixed some tooltip bug

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

oh sorry ascii, did not look at the name before i posted. my bad. I’m just sorta negative right now.

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

Golem always gave Stability to himself while charging. Also my guess would be that they just fixed some tooltip bug

Never had my golem on target during a charge to check, so just an unnoted tooltip change then thanks.

oh sorry ascii, did not look at the name before i posted. my bad. I’m just sorta negative right now.

Thats cool.

You can compare the stats from before on a site that hasn’t updated it yet like http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ and bare in the mists, i thought it might of been a site error so i checked back on a previous thread with stats posted (The Scepter vs Axe Power build " thread) and i found my post that compared base stats on a bare toon:

“Or to state it more simply, in his Power build his scepter does more damage because hes traited and speced more for additional condition at the cost of crit, and in my build axe does more then scepter because i capitalize on critical chance and damage making the base damage of axe (170) hit more then the scepters (85)

“wel.. The axe 1 x does (2x) x 170 and sectper 1 first attack do 85 and 170 bleed dmg.This info did i find on the gw2skills builder, so even with no gear the scepter do more dmg only on the first attack.”

(edited by Ascii.9726)

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

i think i might have noticed that my scepter was easily critting for 1k on the third hit while farming orr this morning. I’m still running something similar to zintair’s hybrid. I like having decent power and condition dmg, while runnign about 1500 toughness (not awesome, but not shabby).

Still not sure if I should run a 20/30/20/0/0 build or a 20/30/0/0/20 build for death shroud. I use deathshrouud to get might stacks, and to bounce in to fear, or use DS 4, but I never loaded up on the DS trait line because the abilities are sub par unless you trait to 30 and get 3 sec stability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Piriripak.8063

Piriripak.8063

a 39% increase sounds alot, anyone else who can back this up?:S

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

This sounds too good to be true (so it probably is ).

Anyway, I looked at Fiesbert’s thread (Fiesbert, I mentioned your thread: 3 hours well spent I’d say ) about autoattack DPS and he allready uses your boosted values (even though his thread dates from 29/09 and his last edit was 01/10), so I don’t really have a clue what is going on here… If I’d have to venture a guess though: I seem to vaguely remember that one of the patches included a change to the tooltips so they would now reflect your stats instead of just showing the base damage? If the values you use predates this patch, then maybe that explains it?

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

I have noticed this damage buff or at least tool-tip damage change is consistent on all classes and not just Necromancer, all seem to be an increase of 38.82% from the original tool-tip on a naked toon which might translate into a different way damage is displayed on the tool-tip for everyone.

I think your right Arvid this was too good to be true!

(edited by Ascii.9726)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Piriripak.8063

Piriripak.8063

Arvid i also remember something like that. Ascii, how long have you been gone?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Galrukh.6532

Galrukh.6532

I think they just changed the way damage displays, now it includes all your items and buffs which (IIRC) they didnt before.
Personally my damage hasnt gone up, at least not on dagger and death shroud. My dagger1-necrotic bite still does around 1200 damage on the practice dummies in LA and thats with full Knights armor + 30 points into Spite.

Nothing to get excited about, we still suck.

Help build the next big RvR game.
Camelot Unchained is on Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained?ref=live

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nuhj.8372

Nuhj.8372

Tooltips on my naked Necromancer in the Mists are still the same as they were about 3 weeks ago when i wanted to determine the coefficients. The only change i’m seeing is Axe 2 going up 10%.

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

And there was me thinking ANet finally had given us a break with our terrible damage compared to other classes!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

I think Ascii is right, actually. I test on golems every single day and with the exact same build I had before the patch I’m definitely killing the golems faster.

Something was changed. Also Necrotic Grasp is 1400 rnage now which is pretty sweet with it’s increased speed.

Don’t look at the tooltips, they are outdated once again. Focus doesn’t even show that it adds 4 vulnerability instead of 3 now.

Jon did good with damage boost.

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

The range of Necrotic Grasp has always been around 1500 range but i think noone (like me) had brought before incase it was nurfed however alot of people have been saying it seems to travel quicker then before. Im not sure if thats a stealth buff or it has something to do with the new FoV.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nuhj.8372

Nuhj.8372

I think Ascii is right, actually. I test on golems every single day and with the exact same build I had before the patch I’m definitely killing the golems faster.

Something was changed. Also Necrotic Grasp is 1400 rnage now which is pretty sweet with it’s increased speed.

Don’t look at the tooltips, they are outdated once again. Focus doesn’t even show that it adds 4 vulnerability instead of 3 now.

Jon did good with damage boost.

I still hit the heavy golems for the exact tooltip damage and i have not noticed any changes in our attack speeds so how much is definitely faster?

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

This thread could probably use a slightly different name.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Talset.1456

Talset.1456

I did not look at the numbers but I noticed feeling more powerful than my enemies all of a sudden.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Galrukh.6532

Galrukh.6532

There is no damage boost, its trickery of the mind. My damage is exactly the same as before.
Stop praising Anet for something they didnt do or they will think its all good now.

The reason you feel more powerful than the enemies is because most of the other classes got nerfs.

Help build the next big RvR game.
Camelot Unchained is on Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained?ref=live

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.3645

Cempa.3645

Any one going main Axe now or its still sub par?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Pretty sure that they just updated it so that the skill values now update with stats.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Magzillas.4865

Magzillas.4865

Wtf? If this is legit surely it’s a bug. Even if Anet has been trolling us this whole time, there’s no way they would let such a massive across-the-board damage buff slip through the patch notes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

Shouldn’t have brought it up Ascii, don’t you know that a necro doing direct damage is a no no? Think of the people who have mastered deathshroud already!

Anyways, I’m sure it’ll be nerfed shortly, and all the tooltips will be updated.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

NO its not a buff, nor will they nerf it, the damage shown by tooltips actually updates now with weapon damage (yes it now does something), gear and base stats, level 2 damage is still the same except on ghastly claws (dealing like 18 more damage with full channel.
Utilites and Transformations have their own weapon equips and power calculations.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NecropsY.8649

NecropsY.8649

This is not even true,

only Axe skill 2 was buffed

nothing else was buffed damage wise

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arianna.7642

Arianna.7642

This is not even true,
only Axe skill 2 was buffed
nothing else was buffed damage wise

This. Damage output is the exact same as always. Nothing’s been changed.

Staff #1 has also had a much longer range than 1200 for a very long time now. I guess it just wasn’t public knowledge? I’ve been using it to solo pull the Hunter from the Crusher in Arah’s Forgotten path since Day 1 (Or 2, or 3. Whatever).

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

I was wondering if anyone else was noticing a dmg increase. I was definitely hitting people harder in PvP last night. Some of the numbers seemed surprising. DS skills were most noticeable to me. And when I say hitting people harder I mean I saw an extra 1k dmg on top of what I’m used to seeing. I was critting LS for 5k+ on multiple targets and LB was hitting like a truck with 4k crits while LF was above 50%.

I was having fun last night

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zyph.8401

Zyph.8401

|
|
|
|          ___
|        /       |
|       /        |
|      /         |
|     /          |
|    /           |
|   /            |
|  /             |
| /              |
|/               |
|______________________________________________

Just graphing what this thread did to my hopes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Not to be rude Ascii but this is the second time you test something like once and post the results as fact….

My numbers are the same after testing, I wanted to see if Axe Number 2 did get 10% damage buff and if that would justify using it over a scepter in a power build now.

Damage is the same for other skills. Stealth buffs are not going to happen if Anet buffs something for necros they will post it because of how pissed the necro players have been lately.

Good patch, other then losing stability but they lowered downstate health that helped some.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET