4/19 Balance Patch

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Necromancer
Necromancers have been reaping their way across the game, far and wide. It’s been a glorious sight. With that being said, there are a few areas that we feel need to be balanced, specifically chill application and survivability. In this update we’ll be reducing the overall duration of chill that the necromancer can output by reducing it from their base abilities. Players will also see a reduction in the uptime of Infusing Terror, though the functionality will remain the same. Baseline necromancers will be seeing some off-hand weapon updates as well as well recharge reductions.

• Well of Corruption has undergone an audio rework to make it sound like it is bursting from the ground, better matching its visual effects.
  • All Bone Fiend projectile skills have undergone an audio rework to make them sound more like projectiles.
  • Lich Form—Mark of Horror: Added a strike to the area when this mark is triggered by an enemy.
  • Spectral Wall: The number of times this skill can be used to attempt to apply fear to an enemy has been capped at 10.
  • Reaper’s Touch: The recharge time of this skill has been reduced from 18 seconds to 15 seconds.
  • Spinal Shivers: Increased the damage when removing two and three boons by 25% and 40% respectively.
  • Deathly Swarm: The missile velocity of this skill has been increased by 100%. The casting time of the projectile has increased by 0.2 seconds.
  • Well of Power: The recharge time of this skill has been reduced from 50 seconds to 40 seconds.
  • Well of Darkness: The recharge time of this skill has been reduced from 50 seconds to 45 seconds.
  • Well of Blood: The recharge time of this skill has been reduced from 40 seconds to 35 seconds.
  • Ritual of Life: The cooldown of this trait has been reduced from 40 seconds to 35 seconds.
  • Infusing Terror: Reduced the active duration of this skill from 8 seconds to 5 seconds. The recharge time has been increased from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.
  • Unholy Sanctuary: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to go on cooldown even when the necromancer has less than 10% life force.
  • Soul Spiral: Reduced the number of whirl combos during the course of the skill from 11 to 6.
  • Executioner’s Scythe: Reduced the freezing field duration from 6 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • “Chilled to the Bone!”: The chill duration from this skill has been reduced from 6 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Chilling Nova: The chill duration from this trait has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
  • Shivers of Dread: The chill duration from this trait has been reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.
  • Deathly Chill: This trait no longer causes chill to inflict damage but instead applies 8 seconds of bleeding each time you apply chill to an enemy."

Those are the relevant patch notes. I won’t argue that their direction is off, but it feels like once again they missed the point. Core Necromancer isn’t avoided just because it is weak, but because it is unbearably clunky to play with, and instead of that being addressed, we’re given some CD reductions. Deathly Chill is also pushing us back to our old spot, where we are either allowed to stack bleeds by idiots and deal mediocre damage, or our bleed stacks get removed during our 10 second “burst” rotation and we do nothing. Feels a lot like more of the same, where it is obvious what the problems are, but ANet either can’t see or won’t implement the obvious fixes. Also a bit worried by the double nerf to Chill, but I won’t pretend like I’ve put in enough time to know if its needed or not.

Though hey, we got new sounds, so that makes it all better right?

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

My power Reaper got an almost pure buff, I’m not even joking. Focus CD reduction and damage buffs are just what I needed to compensate for taking Bitter Chill over Spiteful Talisman. Chill duration reductions across the board are almost completely irrelevant to me as long as they don’t take away actual ways of applying Chill.

So yeah, I’m happy with this. I may be the only one, eh?

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

No change to axe.

No selfish, or at least solo-beneficial Blood Magic grandmaster trait unless you use wells, which were admittedly buffed.

No GS changes; no Soul Eater buff.

The cast time and healing mechanism of Reaper’s Touch still doesn’t feel good. Regen is unimpressive, especially when it does nothing through Shroud.

Spinal Shivers buff is solid!

Well cooldown reductions are solid

Oh yeah, no shroud (of either type) changes other than a nerf to Infusing Terror, the freezing field of Scythe, and the procs of Soul Spiral. I made it through last season without using Soul Reaping, but Vital Persistence’s cd reduction on shroud skills just became an even bigger deal. Lifeblast remains pewp-tastic.

Deathly Swarm change feels good, except that should have been a decrease in the casting point (is it actually?).

Deathly Chill feels back to its Beta Week 1 status of being too weak. It also incentivizes spamming chills. So while chill durations were nerfed, we’ll now want to take more chill procs, leaving us back where we started? At least it procs Blood Bond more easily?

Looks like my power BM build is staying basically the same for the next season.

Reaper could have used some retuning, for sure, but everything outside of it in the profession still feels so, so wonky compared to that of other proffs. There’s a lot of fantastic stuff in the other areas of this patch, but am I the only one wondering if they put the shackles on Gee, or that we’re going to have to wait for the next expansion to see the same level of testing→feedback→change loops we saw in the beta weekends?

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

My power Reaper got an almost pure buff, I’m not even joking.

The issue isn’t that we didn’t get some buffs, its that the changes make very little sense. They don’t really address the issues, they’re just haphazard changes to try to fix Reaper being at least perceived as OP (I’m not sure if it is or isn’t), and Core Necro being terrible.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

PvP balance, guys. They don’t give a rat’s kitten about PvE in this game.

Reaper shouts and traits are still garbage in PvE, but hey PvP whine so nerf some more.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: PSILO.4068

PSILO.4068

I’ve been using focus and wells a lot recently. I’m actually kinda stoked

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

The issue isn’t that we didn’t get some buffs, its that the changes make very little sense. They don’t really address the issues, they’re just haphazard changes to try to fix Reaper being at least perceived as OP (I’m not sure if it is or isn’t), and Core Necro being terrible.

A thousand times this, they seriously need to bone up on their balance team, and for the love of all that is holy separate PvP and PvE!!!!! Ruined an otherwise great patch for me anyway.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

A thousand times this, they seriously need to bone up on their balance team, and for the love of all that is holy separate PvP and PvE!!!!! Ruined an otherwise great patch for me anyway.

Multiply this another thousand.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Multiply this another thousand.

Normally I’m against separating PvE and PvP but patches like theses remind of the arguments of the pro side.

EverythingOP

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

It’s funny the class changes were down low on the patch notes. For awhile there I was kind of happy reading the WvW & PvP changes. But then I read necro section… First thing came to my mind was W T F.

I was expecting our chill damage to be nerfed, I wasn’t expecting chill damage to be REMOVED completely. While doing so, they also nerfed chill application, as if chill without damage means anything at all?!

Above all these over the top changes, they nerfed our stability uptime. Seriously, we lack stab, infusing terror was a nice & welcoming addition to necros. Why nerf something we already severely lacked?

Fearwall getting nerfed, this one stings for WvW because it’s mostly viable in large scale situations where now it no longer applies to “large scale” anymore.

No boost to Greatsword to make it viable in PvP. No boost to power or condi damage to compensate for these changes. Oh boost to Wells of Who-gives-a-crap that nobody uses by reducing their cd, but not changing functionalities of these outdated wells.

I really don’t think I can enjoy Reapers after this patch.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

With that being said, there are a few areas that we feel need to be balanced, specifically chill application and survivability.

Question, How do I more damage over time if they nerf both my damage and my survivability?

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mungo Zen.9364

Mungo Zen.9364

With that being said, there are a few areas that we feel need to be balanced, specifically chill application and survivability.

Question, How do I more damage over time if they nerf both my damage and my survivability?

Necro Reaper was doing to much dmg and surviving too well?

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Necro Reaper was doing to much dmg and surviving too well?

Actually what people were complaining was a capped 600~800 dps not that high and surviving if you mean praying you didn’t get focussed yeah then we survived.

EverythingOP

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

How did they not notice that Deathly Chill is now worse than it was in the first beta weekend when it was completely unviable? Bleeds are terrible. Goodbye Condi Reaper. Get better soon. <3

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Steelstickfig.9146

Steelstickfig.9146

Deathly Chill + Blood Bond Synergy is something that could be interesting – at least with PvE power builds. It’d probably beat out Reaper’s Onslaught since camping daggers/greatsword is higher dps, anyway.

So that’s kinda cool.

Do you play necromancer? Me too.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Did Spinal Shivers buff affect the Chill of Death, too?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I would guess Chill of Death would use the new Spinal Shivers and see it as a buff to Spite-based power builds.

Deathly Chill being converted to a bleed may actually be not so bad. In fact, it looks fairly good to me.

Chill, the soft CC, had its up-time trimmed but there is still a lot of access.

Also, 8 seconds of bleed will happen on every chill application. I do not see mention of a cool down on the trait. Chill often to stack long bleeds.

Then, there is also the new synergy with bleeding duration runes and greatsword. Mad King or Krait runes along with the expertise stat and consumables could help Necro/Reaper get more bursty in condition damage. The Runes of the Reaper might be useful on condition/shout builds if they are chained.

Finally, there will also be synergy between scepter as a ranged condi-weapon, greatsword as a short-ranged hybrid, shouts, and other sources of chill like Spinal Shivers and Chilblaines so bleed stacks do not diminish to nothing after swapping out scepter. The way it was, nothing but scepter could apply significant bleed stacks so condition damage dps was almost reliant on camping scepter AA and staying out of shroud.

Edit: The bleed on chill sounds like a pretty good way of separating the soft CC from condition damage. The dev’s can adjust applied bleed duration independently of the various chill durations. It gives them another knob to turn in tweaking Necromancer condi damage output.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

• Infusing Terror: Reduced the active duration of this skill from 8 seconds to 5 seconds. The recharge time has been increased from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.

This is the change that hurts the most. Doesn’t matter if you’re power or condi. Once the dust settles, this change alone is probably enough to warrant skipping the reaper spec line altogether.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Infusing Terror didn’t need upped cooldown IMO

Soul Spiral nerf seems okay unless you relied on stacks from fields very heavily

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

The Runes of the Reaper might be useful on condition/shout builds if they are chained.

I just wanted to remind you that reaper runes have a range of 360. And we’re talking about ONE miserable bleed per chill.

If you really want to go scepter/GS troll build, I would try curses for the chill on blind trait (GS4, RS2) and get both Plague Form and Well of Darkness.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I understand why they nerfed chill, but why nerf Infusing terror… Our only stability… really…

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

The Runes of the Reaper might be useful on condition/shout builds if they are chained.

I just wanted to remind you that reaper runes have a range of 360. And we’re talking about ONE miserable bleed per chill.

If you really want to go scepter/GS troll build, I would try curses for the chill on blind trait (GS4, RS2) and get both Plague Form and Well of Darkness.

Don’t forget Rune of the Flock and Sigils of Mischief either.

Fishsticks

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

I forgot the chill on blind has a 3s ICD… Deathly Chill is ultra garbage.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

They wanted to plainly kill Deathly Chill for the season. Thing is…there isn’t really a good GM option in Reaper specialization now, since they didn’t really give any alternatives.

Honestly, there are many changes that I’m scratching my head at. Has to be the weirdest balance patch I’ve seen.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

Infusing Terror didn’t need upped cooldown IMO

Soul Spiral nerf seems okay unless you relied on stacks from fields very heavily

It hurts a lot in PvE/Raids though, totally unneeded IMO, not like we have many finishers to begin with.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Did Spinal Shivers buff affect the Chill of Death, too?

It doesnt, dunno if its a bug or intended tho

M I L K B O I S

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rirgul.5302

Rirgul.5302

I’d be happy with this change if they’d remove the ICD on “Chilling Darkness” to compensate for the nerf to “Deathly Chill”. Revert the trait back to introduce some great synergy with GS, the new wells etc. At least reduce it by a second or something.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I’d be happy with this change if they’d remove the ICD on “Chilling Darkness” to compensate for the nerf to “Deathly Chill”. Revert the trait back to introduce some great synergy with GS, the new wells etc. At least reduce it by a second or something.

It was like that at first, but its to powerful. Sword/well of darkness and plague has massive aoe blind.
Also its in curses and you will be running more blinds playing power build. Its still useless more or less…

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

- Sound change… yeah, why not.

- Reaper’s touch : we said that the travelling time of the projectiles was to slow, we got a CD reduction.

- Spinal’s shiver : we said that the cast time was to long, we got a damage buff.

- Well of darkness : Here we got a very small step on the right direction (still not quite enough). Nothing justify more than 30s base CD on this skill.

Other than that, I feel that the balance nerf are pretty decent. Though Deathly Chill will need a buff now or maybe swaping it with chilling victory or a reworked soul eater. (I wonder why but I always feel like the dev think that a bleed stack do amazing damages while it’s obviously not the case)

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

What were people getting for chill dps, before?

Does greatsword now proc an 8 sec bleed on every third hit with Deathly Chill? That seems pretty good to me but I was unable to get online, yesterday. If greatsword can maintain 2-3 stacks of bleed on AA, plus 8 sec bleed on every single source of chill, and bleed duration boosts are easier to build for, power/condition damage hybrids look more attractive than they did, before.

Bleed stacks also have a high cap so I do not think Conditionmancers will need to worry about the chill cap trimming condition damage in PvE.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I would guess Chill of Death would use the new Spinal Shivers and see it as a buff to Spite-based power builds.

Deathly Chill being converted to a bleed may actually be not so bad. In fact, it looks fairly good to me.

Chill, the soft CC, had its up-time trimmed but there is still a lot of access.

Also, 8 seconds of bleed will happen on every chill application. I do not see mention of a cool down on the trait. Chill often to stack long bleeds.

Then, there is also the new synergy with bleeding duration runes and greatsword. Mad King or Krait runes along with the expertise stat and consumables could help Necro/Reaper get more bursty in condition damage. The Runes of the Reaper might be useful on condition/shout builds if they are chained.

Finally, there will also be synergy between scepter as a ranged condi-weapon, greatsword as a short-ranged hybrid, shouts, and other sources of chill like Spinal Shivers and Chilblaines so bleed stacks do not diminish to nothing after swapping out scepter. The way it was, nothing but scepter could apply significant bleed stacks so condition damage dps was almost reliant on camping scepter AA and staying out of shroud.

Edit: The bleed on chill sounds like a pretty good way of separating the soft CC from condition damage. The dev’s can adjust applied bleed duration independently of the various chill durations. It gives them another knob to turn in tweaking Necromancer condi damage output.

Agreed on all points. I personally think the fix for Deathly Chill was a great one. Now you still do your damage when you use chill even if there are already chill stacks on the enemy. Besides, any time you change a condition to work a particular way for one class, but differently for everyone else, that’s not a good game design. This sticks with what’s already in the game, and makes the damage something that is far more streamlined and easier to manage.

This in no way weakens condi reaper. You just have to adjust things a bit, but seriously, so much bleed…

And as someone pointed out, this with Blood Bond? That could be pretty awesome, and with the cooldowns lowered on the wells? Can’t wait to test these out… XD

Edit: Did we get everything we wanted? No. But no one did, there’s too much. Did we get a good balance patch? Definitely. Don’t know why people are considering the Deathly Chill change to be a nerf, but I can only assume it’s pvp only players, since this is much better for pve groups.

Still want a skill split for pve and pvp.

(edited by bearshaman.3421)

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Reaper shouts and traits are still garbage in PvE, but hey PvP whine so nerf some more.

What the hell are you on about?

Reaper is perfectly fine in PvE.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

bearshaman.3421

What the hell are you on about?

Reaper is perfectly fine in PvE.

Yeah I don’t know what he’s going on about either.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Don’t know why people are considering the Deathly Chill change to be a nerf, but I can only assume it’s pvp only players, since this is much better for pve groups.

You guessed right, now theres no GM worth taking for PvP

M I L K B O I S

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Well of Darkness: The recharge time of this skill has been reduced from 50 seconds to 45 seconds.
Well of Blood: The recharge time of this skill has been reduced from 40 seconds to 35 seconds.

oPlz just delete those already, it’s just that ungraceful to let it go on at this point in the game.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

bearshaman.3421

Don’t know why people are considering the Deathly Chill change to be a nerf, but I can only assume it’s pvp only players, since this is much better for pve groups.

I would disagree. Deathly Chill is still a good trait, and gives you two conditions where before only one existed, making condi cleanse more of a pain for everyone else. Also, this trait was taken primarily for condi builds, which will now have another way to stack bleeds on top of everything else. Plus the aforementioned new synergy with Blood Bond.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

Deathly Chill needs 2 stacks of bleeding instead of just 1. Because right now, it just took about an 80% damage nerf and now have to apply chill 5 times just to break even.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

bearshaman.3421

Deathly Chill needs 2 stacks of bleeding instead of just 1. Because right now, it just took about an 80% damage nerf and now have to apply chill 5 times just to break even.

Recalculate the damage with Blood Bond trait active.

Also are people using this trait on power builds or condi builds?

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

I would disagree. Deathly Chill is still a good trait, and gives you two conditions where before only one existed, making condi cleanse more of a pain for everyone else. Also, this trait was taken primarily for condi builds, which will now have another way to stack bleeds on top of everything else. Plus the aforementioned new synergy with Blood Bond.

You make it seem like we always had issues applying bleed as a condition to not be able to proc blood bond. The damage is horrible now with the deathly chill trait. I was testing it in both PvP and PvE and ya in PvP you do feel the nerf alot worst but in PvE the amount of bleeds you can stack with deathly chill doesn’t even come close to the damage that the trait use to put out before. You need to sustain between 4-5 bleeds to make it so you do comparable damage to what it was before…not to mention most of our chill abilities have long cooldowns and our duration on most chill abilities got nerfed ontop of that.

(edited by Brighteluden.2974)

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

bearshaman.3421

You make it seem like we always had issues applying bleed as a condition to not be able to proc blood bond. The damage is horrible now with the deathly chill trait. I was testing it in both PvP and PvE and ya in PvP you do feel the nerf alot worst but in PvE the amount of bleeds you can stack with deathly chill doesn’t even come close to the damage that the trait use to put out before. You need to sustain between 4-5 bleed to make it so you do comparable damage to what it was before…not to mention most of our chill abilities have long cooldowns and our duration on most chill abilities got nerfed ontop of that.

Not saying that we had problems doing that before, but now we can do it in more ways, which allows for more diversity of builds (always a good thing).

And I’ve been advocating for pve/pvp skill splits pretty much after the second month of playing the game. We will keep having these problems in different places until that happens. Balance in both game types at the same time is impossible.

Edit: On a different tack, there is a thread that is discussing the idea of a different condition being used other than bleed. That I think is a more useful discussion of what can be done with Deathly Chill then wanting it changed back to the previous form that was useless in any group PVE.

(edited by bearshaman.3421)

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Just make deathly chill apply 1-2 stacks of burn, he’ll change the trait to call it frost bite or freezer burn. Would fix all our problems. Bleed is just dump and was a way to get us out of the spotlight.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: maxinox.6283

maxinox.6283

Please don’t do that. Another condition to maintain at 100% duration it’s hard in PVE.
Bleed is fine and we are, all of us, caped in duration.

Torment sux in PVE and Necro doesn’t focus on burns.

Domina Sky / Ranger
Domin Undead / Necromancer
Jade Sea[FR]

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

bearshaman.3421

Please don’t do that. Another condition to maintain at 100% duration it’s hard in PVE.
Bleed is fine and we are, all of us, caped in duration.

Torment sux in PVE and Necro doesn’t focus on burns.

Which is why I’m fine with bleed. Also, you couldn’t stack intensity with the old Deathly Chill because chill stacks duration! Even if one stack of bleed is less than what it did before, you will quickly outpace the old damage. 4-5 stacks will be cake to achieve, especially with no CD on the trait, and you will likely blow past that to do even greater damage.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

It is amazing to observe how hopeless and aimless the necromancer is developed since the beginning of GW2.

For example, the size of aoe effects. A back and forth, larger, smaller, and extra large again… wow…

But is made much more obvious by the aimless balancing of dhuumfire and deathly chill.
First we get burn and can dish significant damage with this condition. But in the next big patch this ability is almost useless again.
Now we get chill, and again we make significant additional damage. And guess the next big patch? Exactly it is again fully rationalized away.

I’m sorry, but I am very disappointed by this way of balancing. If I create something that is to strong, but good, then I dont remove it, I just gently reduce its strength… Do you really wnat the ncormancer in gw2 or is it just something left over from gw1? Since the release of gw2 it is an up and down of hopelessness… I can not say anything else there. How about discreet adjustments that increase the variety instead of eliminating things that work a little bit to good? Oh yes, there was indeed something I forgot about … ArenaNet only plays warrior … Fully forgotten about that. Wait did’nt I see some changes to stability? ;-)

it was written…

(edited by cubed.2853)

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Dead.5829

Have you done some pvp since the patch?

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Dead.5829

Just make deathly chill apply 1-2 stacks of burn, he’ll change the trait to call it frost bite or freezer burn. Would fix all our problems. Bleed is just dump and was a way to get us out of the spotlight.

I don’t even agree with this, but I’ll support it for the name change to Freezer Burn. +1

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Necromancer may have been nerfed but I like Deathly Chill being a bleed. There is suddenly synergy with Curses and scepter.

Maybe on some future patch Chilling Darkness gets reverted, Lingering Curse is broadened to cover all bleeds, another bleed or a short poison is added to the GM, Mark of Blood is reverted, whatever. At least Necromancer is not stuck having to maximize condition duration for everything but confusion just to be adequate.

What would Terror be like if it applied a separate condition like bleed or a stun?

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Chill at least gave us a steady tick that hurt. Could full unload cooldowns on someone and end up with a nice 2k tick or so for a few seconds. Even if they cleanse 2 ticks later you did some damage.

Yeah it killed people dead that didn’t have cleanse and were running around with 12k hp. Power wipes them faster though and cleanse doesn’t help. They just don’t get that helpless melting feeling and cry on forums later (to be clear I understand why condi needed dialed back)

At the moment our best bleed weapon set is scepter/dagger but no chill on it. You would have to trait chill on blind with the terrible icd or you have to rely on stupid people letting you drop a shroud 5 on them and then spin with nerfed stab uptime.

You could at least get a bit of chill in spite or spamming staff aoes (not even close to worth it now). You could take focus and use spinal shivers. None of this is near worth a single stack of bleed though. Dagger 5 is better and aoe. Spite trait they’re probably dieing from bleed anyway (health threshold) and will probably either die soon or cleanse your full bleed stack.

You could bring a great sword I guess lol.

Basically this single stack of bleed is just getting in the way of stacking bleed more efficiently. Unless you have an idiot willing to let you shroud 5 + 4 on them or you’re killing someone and have spinal shivers proc from spite this is a dps loss just to take the trait. Not even considering old chill dmg.

Really just drop a poison field and spin if you want to combo. Scepter auto more efficient than trying to chill and has boon corrupt (and can proc poison + an extra stack of bleed with curses).

TLDN : Not worth it in WVW. Doesn’t synergise well with condi builds. Dead trait. Lost burst potential.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

I forgot the chill on blind has a 3s ICD… Deathly Chill is ultra garbage.

This.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

would have been better if they make chill a staking condition and reduced the damage on chill and make the trait work by chill deals x damge per chill on foe … but anet think is better to destroy the trait completely for pvp while it still okish in pve