4/19 Balance Patch

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

They should have made Deathly Chill something like “your conditions deal 15% increased damage to chilled foes.”

No more Chill damage, is now group-play friendly, and still highly relevant.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

They should have made Deathly Chill something like “your conditions deal 15% increased damage to chilled foes.”

Why just conditions?

Power reapers need help in PvE as well, especially raids.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

I like that idea better if we cannot have chill damage. Though I think it should be more like 25% to compete with the other top tier classes.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

make chill apply fear every X seconds to make terror good again? would be good even as an crowd controll

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

Is the Reaper traitline what’s holding them back, or the base values on weapons, or the damage mods from Necro traitlines?

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Yeah. Something similar in function to Thief’s new Lead Attacks would be great. Basically an ‘Effect’ version of Vuln.

Trait-Deathly Chill: when you apply Chill to a foe, you receive one stack of Deathly Chills (or w/e buff name) for 15 secs.
Effect-Deathly Chill: Increase Condition damage and Direct damage by 3%
maximum of 5 stacks.

*revert Chill Duration nerfs as that has also negatively impacted Might stacking and Life Force generation from chilling victory. (Maybe that was part of the point, but when all combined, this has been a heavy nerf to two important traits.)

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Im genuinely dissapointed with how many are hallucinating about the chill buff.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I can’t wait for the next pvp season, just to watch all the back-pedaling on here as at least one if not multiple reapers using DC make it to the finals. You guys will be giving lessons to politicians on how to do a 180.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I can’t wait for the next pvp season, just to watch all the back-pedaling on here as at least one if not multiple reapers using DC make it to the finals. You guys will be giving lessons to politicians on how to do a 180.

If they’re using Deathly Chill, it’s because there is literally no other option for a Reaper Grandmaster. Not because it is any good.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Is the Reaper traitline what’s holding them back, or the base values on weapons, or the damage mods from Necro traitlines?

All of those. The reaper traits are largely pvp traits.

You have augury of death, where shouts are useless in both raids and dungeons, given you’re fighting single bosses and the effects themselves are weakness, chill, or some other worthless crap that doesn’t affect a boss due to the breakbar. Chilling Nova is useless in PvE because chill itself is useless on bosses. 50% reduction to roots/snares is useless in PvE because any of those get immediately cleansed in a group setting with all the eles and revenants.

You have the second tier, which is only decimate defenses. The minors consist of chill on fear, but you are neither fearing or chilling bosses anyways so those two are worthless most of the time, and their contribution to breaking a break bar is marginal.

The final minor is longer chill duration, with chill again being worthless on bosses and even some champions due to breakbar.

Our grandmasters are all garbage. First because two of them have to deal with reaper shroud, and reaper shroud is a DPS loss to even autoattacking on greatsword, let alone Gravedigger spam. Then you have Deathly Chill, which only scaled off condition damage so it was worthless on power reapers, and NOW it is even more worthless as it has been turned to a single even crappier bleed stack.

So, power reapers:

- Garbage shouts for instanced, non-idiot (zerg) instanced content.

- No damage % mod increases.

- No meaningful group utility, since bosses are resistant to blinds, chills, and weakness, the few utility we had.

- Hideous aftercasts on Gravedigger and other GS abilities, greatly hampering DPS. Autoattack chain has long wind-up’s, which means we often have to interrupt an autoattack mid-animation to dodge something.

This results in mediocre PvE DPS, a reaper shroud that’s worthless in PvE because it is a DPS loss over camping greatsword or dagger, and reaper shroud will never be buffed because the PvP mob will cry a river of tears about it.

There’s nothing particularly good about a reaper. You might have cared about boon strip, but then again both the chrono and revenant already do that, as will a thief.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zurchin.8479

Zurchin.8479

Well i was running a frostfire build, the whole concept behind reaper was to be a slow rumbling monster that if you got to close to could keep you sucked in with its chill and damage, by nerfing and changing everything to such an extreme level that core concept of what a reaper should of been with like builds i was running is now absolutely destroyed. I dont want bleed damage, thats not what this class and build needed, people bleeding out can simply kite off heal up and wander on back to their hearts content it will also effect pve on different levels, reaper was by no means o.p, i am so sick and tired of Anet kittening about with our characters and missing the mark every single kitten time. I was actually looking forward to getting back into wvw again after the patch but now im not even remotly motivated.

Zee Bear Claw [GLAD]
Aurora Glade

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

If they’re using Deathly Chill, it’s because there is literally no other option for a Reaper Grandmaster. Not because it is any good.

It does not look as if condition damage builds have an alternative. Blighter’s Boon looks solidly in the powermancer camp and Reaper’s Onslaught was designed almost exclusively for open-world PvE. It is very useful, there, but not so much anywhere else.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

This is the problem with reaper. Now it feels like we have 6 major traits and the closest to be GM worthy is Decimate Defenses.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

This is the problem with reaper. Now it feels like we have 6 major traits and the closest to be GM worthy is Decimate Defenses.

Yup we got 2 great trats but were nerf to the ground it would be better if they just make a total rework of the traits

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

It does not look as if condition damage builds have an alternative. Blighter’s Boon looks solidly in the powermancer camp and Reaper’s Onslaught was designed almost exclusively for open-world PvE. It is very useful, there, but not so much anywhere else.

You made my day! I almost spit out what I was eating when I thought about a skill designed exclusively for open world pve.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

PvP balance, guys. They don’t give a rat’s kitten about PvE in this game.

Reaper shouts and traits are still garbage in PvE, but hey PvP whine so nerf some more.

What the hell are you on about?

Reaper is perfectly fine in PvE.

Tell that to mesmers. I don’t see why Anet just makes PvP traits/skills (CDs, dps baseline, etc.) totally independent from PvE. That way balancing would be much more simpler the commentary about balance would be more direct to which side of the game you prefer.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

its a pretty big nerf thats for sure. with not much else to compensate it wouldnt surprise me to see necro drop back to what it was pre-hot (pvp wise).

altho that focus buff. i hope to see some silly red numbers from this! wonder if it applies to the trait proc as well.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

So now Deathly Chill is bleed 10s. It’s like they hear our complaints and gave us more of the same. Imagine a thisty man. You take away his water bottle and you give him a sandwich and when he asks for some water instead you give him some more bread for his sandwich, which he never wanted. Thats what this patch was for necros.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

What a terrible analogy

Fishsticks

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: otetas.9675

otetas.9675

Necro is more dead than ever, the gap now is quite big because of how high the power creep is…. There is still so much cc in this game and yet they nerf one of our biggest options to sustain on it….
To be honest i don’t mind necro getting nerfed this way, my problem is how the other classes didn’t got nerfed…. the game has been for so long no more fun to play, but i still have hope they revert it to how it was before hot. If i ever knew this would happen i would never ever had bought heart of thorns, and don’t care what ppl say about elementalist meta time, but that was the time when every class had a chance (except ranger) and one of the high points in viewership in gw2 history…

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

bearshaman.3421

If you think it’s dead, delete your necro, make a new character, and move on. I’ll still be here doing more damage than before, and without the sound of your QQ.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Mine’s parked for awhile. Just can’t find a build I like. Power is actually fun still just far from optimal. Too hard trying to chase people down. Don’t feel like changing the stats on my armor yet either.

Tried full bleed but bleed is so weak and trying to stack it is tedious. Feels like trying to ride a bicycle up a hill in high gear.

Power wells still works fine for zerging. And now with reduced cooldowns on the 1.5 wells worth using.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Akrasia.5469

I was initially horrified by the change to Deathly Chill and all the chill nerfs in general. But after some playtesting I’m seeing that this isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Chillomancer isn’t the beast it once was BUT there are several benefits to the new system.

1st if you trait correctly then you hit with 4 conditions each time you apply fear (Fear, Chill, Vuln, Bleed) This is panics most low to mid level players and still mentally messes with experienced players who may pop their condi cleanse too soon. Chill alone applies 3 conditions in this set up. If you pair it up with scepter you can apply poison, cripple, and torment. (I know both on the giving AND receiving end, It’s not fun to instantly see 6-7 conditions hit you at once ack)

2nd You can combo with other Necros and even Eles to apply more bleeds so while individually this may be a nerf, its stronger for team play. Which is the main thing as a class we get complaints about (our strong but selfish abilities).

3rd It’s not as big a nerf as I thought. It’s definitely a bigger nerf if you are not a true chillomancer and wanted a little extra burst damage but for chillomancers and hybrids with lots of chill sources you can easily maintain 3-5 extra stacks of bleed(on top of other sources like scepter) in a sustained fight and possibly burst with your damage chain and apply 5-7 stacks.

4th Cleansing Chill doesn’t remove the damage so people need to remove 2 conditions to stop the pain. I think chill get removed 1st (can someone verify) so in the end you maintain damage longer.

So my opinion on this is it’s not the end for condi reaper. We may just have to tweak it to see what we can really do.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

bearshaman.3421

I was initially horrified by the change to Deathly Chill and all the chill nerfs in general. But after some playtesting I’m seeing that this isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Chillomancer isn’t the beast it once was BUT there are several benefits to the new system.

1st if you trait correctly then you hit with 4 conditions each time you apply fear (Fear, Chill, Vuln, Bleed) This is panics most low to mid level players and still mentally messes with experienced players who may pop their condi cleanse too soon. Chill alone applies 3 conditions in this set up. If you pair it up with scepter you can apply poison, cripple, and torment. (I know both on the giving AND receiving end, It’s not fun to instantly see 6-7 conditions hit you at once ack)

2nd You can combo with other Necros and even Eles to apply more bleeds so while individually this may be a nerf, its stronger for team play. Which is the main thing as a class we get complaints about (our strong but selfish abilities).

3rd It’s not as big a nerf as I thought. It’s definitely a bigger nerf if you are not a true chillomancer and wanted a little extra burst damage but for chillomancers and hybrids with lots of chill sources you can easily maintain 3-5 extra stacks of bleed(on top of other sources like scepter) in a sustained fight and possibly burst with your damage chain and apply 5-7 stacks.

4th Cleansing Chill doesn’t remove the damage so people need to remove 2 conditions to stop the pain. I think chill get removed 1st (can someone verify) so in the end you maintain damage longer.

So my opinion on this is it’s not the end for condi reaper. We may just have to tweak it to see what we can really do.

Another understands.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

I’m still horrified by the RS3 uptime being halved. Power Reaper, the slow movie monster that gets knocked back to death.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Before you could do dmg with marks, now you dont. No need to reply anthing else.

M I L K B O I S

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I played some HoT over the weekend.

Necro Reaper’s condition damage is still entirely dependent on scepter, on staying out of Shroud, on not using an off-hand, not swapping weapons, and not using any utilities, including an elite.

Necromancer’s power and utility weapons are all more flexible in use than scepter because builds are not dependent on auto attack and most other weapons and utilities scale with power. Nothing else scales very strongly with condition damage but scepter AA.

To elaborate, Condi-Reaper felt like it under-perfomed Condi-Necro and I found using Epidemic with its feast or famine usefulness back on my utility bar. CPC does not do much for HoT mobs that move around and I kite too much (frantically) for it to be very good as a projectile shield. Still, shouts did not have as much utility as I needed for kiting with scepter. I only kept Rise for the meatshields.

Overall, condition damage builds in HoT were significantly less effective than a power-shroud shout build. All condition damage builds but bleeding-MM left me with poor sustain due to a lack of synergy with scepter and kiting, save for the meatshields turning my condition damage build into a hybrid.

Keep in mind that HoT mobs have more health. Therefore, scepter’s bleed stacks have a lower DoT as a percentage of health. This forces a longer fight on builds with low sustain.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Akrasia.5469

Before you could do dmg with marks, now you dont. No need to reply anthing else.

I’m not really getting your point here. What damage are you talking about? Marks Chilliblans and Reapers mark both spam out 4 conditions per hit. Shout Suffer when someone/something is hit by those 2 marks and you have 3 bleed stacks on them. Yeah we’re nerfed. We all know that but since it’s a mechanics change and not just a pure damage reduction there are ways to take advantage of the new system but you have to be willing to adapt. A 2 man Chillomancer team could spam 6 bleed stacks with the same skills mentioned. and thats only 3 of the 7 sources of chill my current build has.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Akrasia.5469

Another understands.

Yeah based on several unranked matches it seems a lot of people are catching on. Chillomancers are becoming what Engineers were (are?) as in stacking a ton of different conditions easily and consistently with a few skills.

I do wish they would have made DC apply Torment stacks instead of bleed. Bleed is so boring and we have enough bleed with scepter. We don’t have enough bleed traits to sync it with to make bleed more fun and useful and torment, while not being much different in amount of damage, is much more thematic and it would be nice to have a 2nd consistant damage condition. If they fix some of our traits (BLOOD MAGIC) to compliment bleeds then all will be good but for now bleed is too blah.

All in all I like some of the new changes and I think Chillomancer will still have a place in PvP as well as PvE if teams learn how to play together. God forbid a necro working with others

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Krysard.1364

I’m not really getting your point here. What damage are you talking about? Marks Chilliblans and Reapers mark both spam out 4 conditions per hit. Shout Suffer when someone/something is hit by those 2 marks and you have 3 bleed stacks on them. Yeah we’re nerfed. We all know that but since it’s a mechanics change and not just a pure damage reduction there are ways to take advantage of the new system but you have to be willing to adapt. A 2 man Chillomancer team could spam 6 bleed stacks with the same skills mentioned. and thats only 3 of the 7 sources of chill my current build has.

My point is, before you could use chillblains and hit for 2k+. Now you cant, you just tick one bleed. Chillblains+Reapers+suffer was 10s+ chill, so ~8k. How can you compare 3 extra bleeds to this? Chill nerf was a huge nerf. Two necros using three quite relevant skills just to be able to stack 6 bleeds is ridiculous.

M I L K B O I S

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Akrasia.5469

My point is, before you could use chillblains and hit for 2k+. Now you cant, you just tick one bleed. Chillblains+Reapers+suffer was 10s+ chill, so ~8k. How can you compare 3 extra bleeds to this? Chill nerf was a huge nerf. Two necros using three quite relevant skills just to be able to stack 6 bleeds is ridiculous.

That’s paper logic and not how things work in the middle of a game. I don’t think anyone except for true noobs took the whole 8k damage you’re talking about. I’ve survived other Chillomancers with positioning, cleansing etc. There are a lot of articles and videos explaining why just running the numbers on paper do not equal what goes on in the game.

Yes we were nerfed and yes Chillomancer isn’t the monster it was but it wasn’t a straight damage reduction it was a mechanics change meaning there’s room for adaption.

Also 6 bleeds is more dmg per tick than chill damage. 6 was a very conservative #. My point was that there’s opportunity for team synergy and even higher potential damage with creative builds. We HAVE lost some base damage but not as much as it looked initially and we may have picked up some benefits in the long run. I would like to see the damage buffed a bit like perhaps a 10% condition damage increase vs all chilled opponents added to DC. But the mechanic itself looks like it will work pretty well.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

That’s paper logic and not how things work in the middle of a game. I don’t think anyone except for true noobs took the whole 8k damage you’re talking about. I’ve survived other Chillomancers with positioning, cleansing etc. There are a lot of articles and videos explaining why just running the numbers on paper do not equal what goes on in the game.

Yes we were nerfed and yes Chillomancer isn’t the monster it was but it wasn’t a straight damage reduction it was a mechanics change meaning there’s room for adaption.

Also 6 bleeds is more dmg per tick than chill damage. 6 was a very conservative #. My point was that there’s opportunity for team synergy and even higher potential damage with creative builds. We HAVE lost some base damage but not as much as it looked initially and we may have picked up some benefits in the long run. I would like to see the damage buffed a bit like perhaps a 10% condition damage increase vs all chilled opponents added to DC. But the mechanic itself looks like it will work pretty well.

If you’re gonna argue cleansing and positioning for chill damage the same case applies to your bleeds.

It’s a straight up damage loss. It was intended to be a damage loss by the devs’ own words.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Krysard.1364

If you’re gonna argue cleansing and positioning for chill damage the same case applies to your bleeds.

It’s a straight up damage loss. It was intended to be a damage loss by the devs’ own words.

M I L K B O I S

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

Yea the change from a pvp view is hurting hard, next season will be trash if they dont do something about it :/

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

next season will be trash if they dont do something about it :/

My white faith stuffed the balance team so much that now it can only go sideways, sorry guys ._.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

4/19 Balance Patch

in Necromancer

Akrasia.5469

Of course it’s a damage loss. No one is arguing that. Individually we can’t destroy foes like we could before but there are mechanics in place that could be better for team synergy. I was mainly arguing that the numbers on paper don’t reflect what actually happens in a fight. Sometimes you can’t calculate the benefit or detriment of a skill change until it’s play tested and people figure out the combos timing etc. Some combos seem great on paper but are not practical and some skills overlooked become great when used correctly. As it is we could possibly do more damage with the mechanic. Not individually but in team fights. I already mentioned I think 1 bleed is a bit weak but the mechanic change itself has a lot of potential for better more useful chillomancers. We shall see.