80 exotic necro vs 50 green mesmer in Mad King's Lair

in Necromancer

Posted by: ProAlex.4723

ProAlex.4723

The first time I’ve killed the Mad King was on my Necro, It was pretty easy.
I though, hey, you are scaled up to level 80 there so I decided to try my lvl 50 mesmer in greens/blues there.
And I did better. Like, 100000 times better. Made me sad. Very sad.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hartayke.7349

Hartayke.7349

Because the Mad King is so hard =p

I am curious exactly what you think was so much better, especially on the AoE first wave.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ProAlex.4723

ProAlex.4723

Mostly, lower TTK.
Also, sending berserker into a group of enemies is so fun. Seeing some real damage numbers is also nice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Archinos.8754

Archinos.8754

check your stat’s like power or con’ damage and then say it’s better… till you are not fully geared and have lvl 80 with full traits dont just trash this class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thanos.2970

Thanos.2970

I am not sure if you are serious but in PVE necros are simply better then mesmers. I am not sure if you are trolling and want to generate some mesmer hate, but PVE we can not complain. A condition necro is an AOE beast in PVE and I even doubt that a mesmer can rival the single target DPS of a necro because there are nearly no mobs that remove conditions. PVP is a different story though because of broken power builds and lots of condition removers.

If you want to see “real damage” stack bleeds and use epidemic. There is no way a mesmer can rival this.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hartayke.7349

Hartayke.7349

What Thanos said.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

I have an 80 necro and 80 mesmer, necro is >>>>> mesmer despite the kitten bugs.

Only place mesmer shines is the auto boon application and removal using the staff (which most mobs doesn’t have, but players do) and scepter/focus for AOE’ing events. I place my mesmer in the Orr to farm for mats and gold, my necro is my touring toon.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

MK was pretty fun for me, I watched my friend’s hybrid tank do measly damage while I was autoattacking for 1600,2400,3600+ using daggers.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Teknobugs

I hope you mean in PvE only

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Necromancer

Teknobug.3782

@Teknobugs
I hope you mean in PvE only

I pvp more with necro than mesmer, necros are insane in WvW because of the utilities, however mesmers are better in sPVP. Actually I don’t bother with sPVP anymore, too many stupid troll thieves.

Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Thing about mesmers is that they can be tanky or squishy depending on the mobs going for their illusions or not. If the mob makes a b line for the mesmer he will be flattened, but if not he can keep the mob occupied at little harm to himself.

Also, those illusions gain stats directly from the mesmer himself. So the more power a mesmer can equip, the harder the illusions hit.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Teknobug

So you think epidemic and corrupt boon are better then Portal, AoE swift and all those mesmer spell?

I always WvW with my mesmer friend, and I feel quit weak If I compare to him. Seing him criting for 7k with a berserk illu, while I need 3-4 sec to put my 15 bleed on somoene just for that somoene to cleanse it up right away.

I love my necro in WvW, and I don’t think we sucks. But we are no where near Mesmer power in my opinion.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Necromancer

Teknobug.3782

Yes I do, portal & time warp are gimmicky in WvW. They shouldn’t be used for yourself, use them when you’re with a group.

Win 8 Pro 64bit

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

comments like that just make you look like you have no idea what youre doing in pvp technobug

portal and time warp are far from gimmicky in WvW, they are arguably 2 of the best skills in the game.

because you get more mileage out of them in a group is just a scrub reason not to use them to your advantage when you are by yourself.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

I too have both an 80 Mesmer and a Necro (not 80, though I SPvP a lot on it) like many people in this thread…

The Necro is generally better than Mesmer in PvE. But, I’m hearing a lot of people say Mesmer is not good (or close to a Necro) in PvE—only an amateur with the class would think this. As a Mesmer, if you’re a shatter build, you can pump out insane amounts of damage. It’s not even funny, especially if you’re using Great sword. I know it’s tempting with how powerful a necro can be in PvE to assume that it’s unrivaled, but that is far from true.

But the OP’s post is hilarious. Generally speaking, Necros simply destroy Mesmers in PvE. Mesmers are far harder to use properly in PvE, and generally just more geared towards PvP. He’s simply not using his Necro to it’s fullest.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

The only thing necro is better at than mesmer is aoe. For tagging and stuff that’s excellent, but in this case it’s more about single target dps.

For the most part Mesmer is a better Necro than Necro’s are, it’s almost like mesmer’s are what Necro’s should’ve been. Truly well done temporary pets that are really fluid and responsive, and also can do a ton of dmg and be customized more. Arguably better condition builds even having 2 seperate condition builds. Still has really good boon strip and condition transfer/management.

It sucks but what are you gonna do? Necro’s are still in beta, Mesmer’s aren’t aside from their messy mechanics (but they recieved a bunch of band aid fixes for that).

It’s much more satisfying to just sit there with 3 hard hitting phantasms out and a hard hitting auto attack, while the necro over there is slowly spamming Life Blasts then going back to underwhelming staff attacks and waiting on Well cooldowns. Or just sceptre auto’ing with the occasional grasping hands/mark of blood. =/

I’ve been playing mesmer next to necro since beta, so keep in mind I’m not being biased here.

(edited by Knote.2904)

in Necromancer

Posted by: GodAtHand.5124

GodAtHand.5124

The real problem is no one can use Necros to their full potential because they are so ridden with bugs and issues. Perhaps they would be better at PvE than a Mesmer but there is no way to know for sure until/if they get fixed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

I have both a Necro and Mesmer at 80 with full exotics.

For Orr farming, if my Mesmer is full damage/farming build, they are about the same as the Necro for tagging. But since I generally don’t respec for PvE/farming, the Necro is better for tagging/farming than a Mesmer if the Mesmer isn’t spending a ton of points into power/crit.

For WvW, they both have their advantages. Portal is nice, but I imagine it is going to be changed to a 5-10 person limit — portaling 40 people to turtle is bad mechanics.

If you like to roam the open field and look for smaller engagements, the Mesmer is a better WvW choice. The more people that come to a fight, the stronger a Necro becomes. Necro has access to a lot more useful conditions for larger engagements than a Mesmer (and frankly any other profession).

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

necro bread and butter for pve is epidemic and blood is power. You can gear into either power or cond dmg and you will be fine since both contribute to bleed damage.

I use rampager’s and i pump out 14k dmg on BiP+epi and that’s AoE tactic #1. Necros have a lot of utilitarian uses.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

(edited by Sheobix.8796)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deyez.8264

Deyez.8264

necro bread and butter for pve is epidemic and blood is power. You can gear into either power or cond dmg and you will be fine since both contribute to bleed damage.

I use rampager’s and i pump out 14k dmg on BiP+epi and that’s AoE tactic #1. Necros have a lot of utilitarian uses.

Mind sharing your trait setup? Nice video on Cursed Shore

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

So in essence necro works fine as long as we run in circles like a duracell bunny hit by a lightning bolt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

i see my cousin’s warrior inflicts 18k with a critical hit.. not for this warrior is best than other class..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deyez.8264

Deyez.8264

I have an 80 Mesmer as well…she does the same “duracell” dance to handle multiple mobs. I cannot imagine any light or medium class taking large pulls like that, and face-tanking a pull of 4-6 including a veteran.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Thing is that this ends up being less about character skill and more about player skill.