A Melee Condition Weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Wouldn’t it be cool for Necromancers to get a Melee Attack that applies ‘2’ stacks of Bleeds (double the amount of bleeds for ranged damage.) and did a little bit of damage, as a Cleaving Attack?

1. Slash at your foe twice with a Reaper’s Scythe.
Damage: (x2) 153
(2) Bleeding: 8 s (680 damage)
Range: 130

2. Poison your Foe with the Front of your Scythe.
Damage: 153
Poison: 4 s (336 damage)
Range: 130

3. Create a symbol that drains life and heals you and your allies.
Damage: 353
Damage (4x): 610
Combo Field: Dark
Range: 180

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

So you want the underwater spear for land combat?

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I WOULD LOVE A SPEAR on land…

It seems that there is no MMO with spears.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Paragons say hi.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rilke Cadmus.6829

Rilke Cadmus.6829

I don’t think he was thinking of the spear chuckers, more along the lines of a phalanx or the like.

Tnekk/ Fyrni/ Rina Selania/ Doroga Icemaul
“And also… I can kill you with my brain.”
~River Tam~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The only way I would see a cleave weapon happen is if the AoE damage it did could not crit, or could not apply on-crit condition effects. Otherwise rabid-condition builds would be far too strong being able to AoE bleeds to entire teams just auto attacking.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cayl Bourne.8073

Cayl Bourne.8073

LoTRO Wardens (others can use them but wardens are based on spears and javalins)
FF14 Lancers
Ragnarok Online (lol)
Maple Story

I do agree that the most widely used weapon in ancient combat has been largely ignored in MMO’s and most other type of game. Spears are not very flashy and whats worse, their attack animations are VERY limited with out looking silly. Spears are only for thrusting, stabbing, and throwing. Not much to work with there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

I would stab my necro in the eye if they give him a spear. A spear, jesus, why not just give us a stupid 2handed sword, and we can call ourselves anti-guardians, or anti-paladins in cloth armor.

Come up with a unique weapon. I hate the spear actually, because it will encourage more idiots to run around and shout this is sparta. sweet, as if we did not see that enough times in every other mmo.

How about a short handed scythe, or sickel. That would be more necromancer like, and the curved scythe like attack would mimick the curved blade at the end of a mini scythe or sickel.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cayl Bourne.8073

Cayl Bourne.8073

How about a short handed scythe, or sickel. That would be more necromancer like, and the curved scythe like attack would mimick the curved blade at the end of a mini scythe or sickel.

What does “necromancer like” mean? Do you mean like the necromancers you’ve seen in other games or movies or books? Why does this game have to be the same?

To me, the necromantic aesthetic is largely based around symbols of death and decay. Things like a headsman’s axe fit well but I’ve never seen a necro with an axe before. Also, I would almost guarantee that the spear is the weapon responsible for the most human and animal death in all of human history. Seems like the spear should be a strong symbol of death on that basis.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

By historical/religious standards “necromancers” used daggers and scepters/wands (have both word by word) for rituals, a sort of talisman or sacramental (beads, rosary, bells, etc – for short the focus weapons), a staff was a general symbol of a man that uses some kind of “unhuman powers” (also have, divine or not), but modified into weapons at time of war (halberd, poleaxe) and if working on a battlefield ususally carrying a grimoire listing the beings that got a proper burial by said necromancer and one or two ceremonial “hand-and-a-half swords” usually made from materials that can hurt beings that steel doesnt cut (stone, platinum, electrum or obsidian).
Scythes were used by those that retired from work on warsites to being local undertakers/priests because most households had to have at least a basic piece of land and a modified scythe that gets taken care about on a daily basis was just as strong if not stronger than the generic polearm.
A crescent would be a funny weapon but i think that the dagger already got the main theme of it; i do love the idea of a scythe but sadly there are already staves that look like some of them and most animations show as such; greatswords seem to clunky and gravitational for such a precise and utility focused practice.
What i do wanna see and would work are both dual wielding axes and swords.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ExDead.3945

ExDead.3945

I would stab my necro in the eye if they give him a spear. A spear, jesus, why not just give us a stupid 2handed sword, and we can call ourselves anti-guardians, or anti-paladins in cloth armor.

necros do get spears…i reccomend the name One Eye’d Willie

(edited by ExDead.3945)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xomic.5792

Xomic.5792

I’d like to see necros get Shields and/or pistols or rifles. I’d be nice if we had a long direct damage weapon, and rifles and pistols (imo) fit more with the more ‘modern’ setting of GW2.

I mean, if wizards were “for real” why wouldn’t they use an Kindle rather than lugging around 10 thousand books, for example? There’s no reason why these professions shouldn’t modernize themselves with the times.

Why shields? Because they’re under used! That’s why. Maybe make it a main-hand condition weapon :P

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

I’d like to see necros get Shields and/or pistols or rifles. I’d be nice if we had a long direct damage weapon, and rifles and pistols (imo) fit more with the more ‘modern’ setting of GW2.

I mean, if wizards were “for real” why wouldn’t they use an Kindle rather than lugging around 10 thousand books, for example? There’s no reason why these professions shouldn’t modernize themselves with the times.

Why shields? Because they’re under used! That’s why. Maybe make it a main-hand condition weapon :P

a) pistols and rifles are for those that want to compensate for their own not being able to shoot anything but dummy bullets
b) shields are cover →
c) COVER IS FOR THE WEAK, I AM LIVING COVER!