[Edited by the CC: Circumventing the swear word filter]
And yes, the graphics are terrible because my computer is a piece of kitten /p>

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

A Necromancer's Worst Nightmare

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dulon.9347

Dulon.9347

I don’t think we should reduce the Necromancer to a class that can only apply conditions.

It’s not necessarily a class that excels in dot damage itself. It’s simply very adept at
manipulating conditions on the party and conditions/boons on the enemy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

I remember that enemy, it’s complete bullkitten, thank grenth that it’s one of the only enemies in the game with that buff, and it’s at a low enough level that even our DD is enough to get gold

why would a largos be immune to conditions anyway? do they just not bleed? are they also immune to poison? are their legs unbreakable and are they sufficiently smart to overcome confusion?

there is NO REASON why ANY enemy should be immune to ALL conditions, some of them, sure, I could see a largos being immune to burning and poison, but unless they have no blood, they SHOULD be able to bleed, earth elementals can, so why not an underwater butterfly man?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

Good thing I’m a power build then

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

thats not only a necromancer problem and thats not the only enemy that got this kitten.
i was playing my thief(condition-specced) in sorrows embrace and i didnt know that theres a boss which transforms every conditions on itself into heal.
since many weapon skills inflict some sort of condition, i was forced to only auto-attack it with my short bow for the entire fight…

So yes, this kind of enemy is really kittened up. same with enemies which reflect projectiles all the time.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Scepters still do fairly decent direct damage too also i would highly recommend learning minion skills first for PvE over wells, there the best option imo for PvE damage.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Udolpho.1209

Udolpho.1209

but unless they have no blood, they SHOULD be able to bleed, earth elementals can, so why not an underwater butterfly man?

LOL. Best argument ever.

I agree.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Hello Leohart.4610,

next time please explain your issue more detailed next time you create a thread, instead of just posting a screenshot. It might confuse some users.

Greetings

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

Lets hope this will not become a trend for bosses

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@CC Meinke

You can be sure every Necromancer around the globe understood that screenshot

We’ll have nightmare all week long now.

By the way I did not know there was mobs with conditions immunity in this game. I hope Direct Damage also have some immunity goign for them too.

@Lucifer Some End game boss are

Seriously, this is the same thing with object-ennemy.

I did a Fractale yesterday, first time since I switched back to hybrid power/condition.

How ashamed I was when we got Blizzard, and I couldn’t affect the blizzard first boss with my condition. Direct Damage got no mob that are immune to DD. Why do we?

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

By the way I did not know there was mobs with conditions immunity in this game. I hope Direct Damage also have some immunity goign for them too.

So far the only time i have seen that is when you drag a mob to far from its spawn point (or at random times under water, even if you’re sitting right on top of their spawn).

in Necromancer

Posted by: duell.4518

duell.4518

Hello Leohart.4610,

next time please explain your issue more detailed next time you create a thread, instead of just posting a screenshot. It might confuse some users.

Greetings

ironic, did we get a lot of detailed information about the issues with the necromancer?
It might confuse your customers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Hello Leohart.4610,

I approve your way being modest, but please – anet devs are not “some users”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheWalkingDead.7298

TheWalkingDead.7298

Hello Leohart.4610,

Greetings

Really out of all the threads in this forum begging for bug fixes and general improvements THIS is the thread you post in? And with a comment that doesn’t actually add anything to the thread.

Back to the point of the thread, i gave up on conditions a long time ago because against any boss its just so much more reliable to do DD.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Hello Leohart.4610,

Greetings

Really out of all the threads in this forum begging for bug fixes and general improvements THIS is the thread you post in? And with a comment that doesn’t actually add anything to the thread.

Back to the point of the thread, i gave up on conditions a long time ago because against any boss its just so much more reliable to do DD.

He is a moderator, not a dev. Is job isn’t to debug our stuff.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raideen.5973

Raideen.5973

That screen shot is all too telling of the sad direction the game is heading. I am concerned for this game. I have spent more than a years worth of &15.00 wow time on this game since launch (not including the game price) but seeing the direction the game is heading with a plethora of bugs, a very small crew working on bugs fixes/class balance issues and the idea that GW2 may become another gear chasing mmo, I don’t feel the need to spend any more money through the Black Lion Trading Post.

(edited by Raideen.5973)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Manticore Five.9867

Manticore Five.9867

> You can be sure every Necromancer around the globe understood that screenshot

Not all people on this forum actually have necros. Strange, I know.

That doesn’t mean I didn’t get it after about 5 seconds of looking, though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

Funny what the red chooses to break the vow of silence for

in Necromancer

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Funny what the red chooses to break the vow of silence for

Hello community,

We have decided to not respond to any thread of complain on bugs and not even answer if they’re “intended feature” or not because we don’t have any information on them(a.k.a. we don’t know what’s going on) or we have no authority to speak so, however, we will jump out instantly when a thread contains only an image.

Greetings

There, fixed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Manticore Five.9867

Manticore Five.9867

You clearly don’t understand the difference between a forum moderator and a developer.

More importantly, you don’t seem to be able to understand why it’d be counterproductive to have the devs doing forum moderation instead of… development and testing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

You clearly don’t understand the difference between a forum moderator and a developer.

More importantly, you don’t seem to be able to understand why it’d be counterproductive to have the devs doing forum moderation instead of… development and testing.

You clearly don’t understand how desperate the necro community (also the ranger forum) needs a proper red respond.

Let’s see, when was the last time a red respond in these two forums? Right, one said that “JH lives for roughly 11 seconds” when its actual active time is about 6 to 8 seconds. The other in ranger forum gave TONS of information on how they made ranger good… And? As it turns out there was nothing in the new patch that made ranger stand out as a profession, just more unwanted tweaks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Let’s see, when was the last time a red respond in these two forums? Right, one said that “JH lives for roughly 11 seconds” when its actual active time is about 6 to 8 seconds. The other in ranger forum gave TONS of information on how they made ranger good… And? As it turns out there was nothing in the new patch that made ranger stand out as a profession, just more unwanted tweaks.

JH times and what they mean:
30+ seconds = Go to the local church, take a cross and then rob banks because its clearly the apocalypse/end of the world
29-21 seconds = You seem to be in a party with 4 guardians or 4 banner warriors
20-11 seconds = Regen Build with Lich form and Well of Blood.
10-5 seconds = Grats you managed to apply Mark of Blood and hold aggro so that the JH could hit the enemy 2 to 5 times!
1-4 seconds = Typical life time of a JH in combat
0 seconds = Grats you just got 20% better at the necomancer for not traiting into the Death Magic line! Here have a undead pony.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Hello Leohart.4610,

Greetings

Naw people that still play Necros understand the game and screen shots like that at a glance.

I will give you the point that if a thief or mesmer player came to the necro forums and seen the screen shot it might have confused them considering they kill things so fast there is no time to take screen shots.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Good times on that fight. Since condition necros are kinda left with little damage to the boss. That is the case with a few instance boss. They just do not take damage from conditions, its a sad to see that is the case.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

a picture speaks louder than a thousand words.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eleazyair.5716

Eleazyair.5716

Hello Leohart.4610,

Greetings

Next time please explain your issue with Necromancer bugs in more detail the next time you post in a thread. It might confuse your customers.

Hahaha :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Boogiepophantom.3041

Boogiepophantom.3041

my worst nightmare is trying to do burrows in ac
scepter and staff damage on enviromental items feels like hitting with a wet noodle

in Necromancer

Posted by: Caproic.4196

Caproic.4196

Frankly it’s that kind of thing and the bleed stack max that really has me wondering why they bothered putting in condition damage at all.

Only thing I can think of is they despise it enough that anyone who wants to use it can visualize their amazing damage, only to almost never realize it.

I mean really the only way to make it fair would be to somehow make power be less effective if other group members are power or something like a buff on npc’s that says ‘invulnerable to direct damage’. Which would obviously be stupid but that’s kind of what that is saying too isn’t it?

Why not just immune to bleeds or poisons…why everything, how is that even possible?

in Necromancer

Posted by: PCoraJr.7526

PCoraJr.7526

Hello Leohart.4610,

Greetings

i came here cause I saw Red posted but i was really disappointed. Really? Any necro can tell you without hesitation what that pics means, no questions asked. This mob is Immune to our attacks… nothing confusing about that.

BTW there is a few other mobs that are like this. There is also mobs that consume conditions and heals it self.

Lucrezia

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

When they don’t want to listen they will find all manner of ways of avoiding the issue. This red post really does give us an insight into what they think of the issues raised here by the community.

in Necromancer

Posted by: chuiu.4985

chuiu.4985

Hello Leohart.4610,

Greetings

Seeing as this is the Necromancer forums, no not a single person here could possibly be confused by that screenshot. We all understood it after even a small glance.

in Necromancer

Posted by: matiez.6498

matiez.6498

I’m not even a Necro, and I understood completely what that picture was.

Came back to the forums to see if anything changed since the crappy proffession changes from the Nov 15 update. No game updates since then and the first Red Post I see is this. Glad I haven’t wasted the bandwidth to dl that Lost Shores patch, doesn’t seem worth it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

My first 80 was a Necro. My most played character is still my Necro.

I was indeed, confused by the nature of the post at first glance. Necros aren’t 100% completely dependant on conditions you know… I had no issues with this event, even using a condition build for my damage – Deathsroud mechanics and minions alone helped me kill it solo… Granted, I was much higher level than the zone. (~ level 55)

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Necromancer

Posted by: DrXer.2918

DrXer.2918

Waaaa, where’s my undead pony?!????

Xryl Xyn, Tsarcasm, SoR

in Necromancer

Posted by: pyronix.4081

pyronix.4081

Hello Leohart.4610,

Greetings

…and here I was clicking the thread thinking we actually had someone from ANet tell us something relevant about this. Boy, was I disappointed.

And no, I was not confused one bit. A picture says a thousand words, eh?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deifact.3095

Deifact.3095

Is it me or is conditions spelt condtions on that tooltip?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elmentcius Koronel.6234

Elmentcius Koronel.6234

Clearly nobody at Anet plays necros. Also explains why this class is so kitten kittened.