A few questions post-patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I now have 2,882 condition damage with all stacks + Corrupter’s Fervor

Is it worth it to continue using Sigil Of Bursting or with such high condition damage is it just a waste?

Where do I get condition duration without using food?

For a Spectral Conditionmancer, would it benefit me more to use Putrid Defense or Shrouded Removal? Currently I’m using Shrouded Removal and using it to cleanse the Vulnerability from Consume Conditions.

Would it be a better idea to take Speed Of Shadows or Unyielding Blast? Currently I am using Speed Of Shadows so that I can cleanse conditions frequently by being in Death Shroud. However, I am also using Dhuumfire despite it’s nerfed state and am wondering if the Vulnerability from Unyielding Blast would strengthen it.

With only a 33% chance on crit to bleed targets, should I be full Rabid or full Dire? I was previously full Dire but switched to full Rabid for the Target The Weak trait.

I have lots of experience with Necro but I want to know what others think since I’m keen on using a condition build regardless of whether it’s weak or not. I’d just like some outside opinions since I can be fairly closed minded.

Also, how is everyone enjoying their Necro’s post patch? I’ve found I don’t feel much weaker to be honest, and in some areas stronger.

For reference, I am running in Curses, Soul Reaping and Death Magic.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

I can’t really answer your questions at the top, but I will say that I’m actually liking the new necro. I feel a lot more versatile in builds… I’ve been tinkering in curses, blood, and death right now seeing how it is. Imo with the new traits it FEELs more fun, but I’ve only had a couple of matches with it, and it seems strong when played efficiently, probably more so than when I used to run a terror build.

Teef master race

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I can’t really answer your questions at the top, but I will say that I’m actually liking the new necro. I feel a lot more versatile in builds… I’ve been tinkering in curses, blood, and death right now seeing how it is. Imo with the new traits it FEELs more fun, but I’ve only had a couple of matches with it, and it seems strong when played efficiently, probably more so than when I used to run a terror build.

I can’t decide if I feel stronger, the same or weaker in WvW. I’m thinking that conditionmancer is supposed to be more bursty than it is attrition-y. You can’t stack a whole lot of any individual condition but with such high condition damage each individual one hurts like hell. I’m getting 1.6k terror ticks, lol.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

I can’t decide if I feel stronger, the same or weaker in WvW. I’m thinking that conditionmancer is supposed to be more bursty than it is attrition-y. You can’t stack a whole lot of any individual condition but with such high condition damage each individual one hurts like hell. I’m getting 1.6k terror ticks, lol.

I feel like attrition is how the necro was supposed to work, I like this patch a lot right now.

Teef master race

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Get rid of DM and go Spite with SoS. Sc/D+Staff. Take Carrion and get rid of Dhuumfire for Precision (try to swap to staff before DS.) Lose SA for PS. The Might+Condi transfer+Corruption is real. You’ll have 4 Stunbreaks for those pesky zerker/CC drops (2 will be autoproc; 1 with transfer/corruption and the other to build LF.) GG.

(edited by Tman.6349)