A toast to 3 years of broken golem AI

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Let’s toast to the amazing feat that golem has been a complete liability for so long. He doesn’t work for me more than 70% of the times only unbudging when i use the elite skill.

Last i read about this was something something about AI of the golem sharing with every mob in the game and if he was touched, the whole game would break. If eles summon ai work, i wonder how golems are any different…

I was wishing this huge balance patch has fixed him, but he still dumber than a skritt. So yea, share any other skill that has been broken so long and come cry with me and continue with the forsaken hope that HoT fixes everything.

On a side note, if they can’t get this skill to work efficiently, they might as well rework it like sword 3 mesmer. A elite being completely junk shouldn’t be allowed to remain broken for so long.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

(edited by Nebilim.5127)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

I believe it’s been mentioned that the AI is getting a rework for HoT. Hopefully this is the case

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

I believe it’s been mentioned that the AI is getting a rework for HoT. Hopefully this is the case

Don’t hold your breath.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Don’t hold your breath.

Clarification: The AI for mobs is getting a rework, which would include the Golem. Because the HoT mobs are more complicated than the vanilla ones, from what I’ve gathered

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

But I need my flowers and pebbles collected and ready beside my dead body by the time my target kills me.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: muckshifter.9731

muckshifter.9731

sorry, but I think you will find that the new AI guy is solely for HoT … and I’ll reserve my judgment on how good it is.

I’m not very confident.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Huzzah to the Flesh Golem.. doesnt have a brain and the AI accurately mimics that fact

Seriosuly though the AI is a problem for Minions
although personally the easy fix for that would be to give Necromancers a F2 skill that mimics the Ranger F1 skill so you could simply command Minions to attack when the AI does a hurp de durp which it tends to do more often than not

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Why do minions work differently than ranger’s pets ? These pets never bug!

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Oh they do.. quite a lot tbh lol

but they run on different AI and the Ranger has control skills for them too
something the Necromancer really needs imo

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Here’s to another 3 years of a summonable elite that can’t swim, watches you die and is never mentioned by developers.

If anything typifies ANet’s utter disdain for us and inability to code in their own engine, it’s Stompy The Brick.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krileon.8913

Krileon.8913

They could make F2 attack, F3 defend, and F4 passive. In addition to making the golem swim. This would go a long way to improve MM as I can much better micro-manage them like I’d want to.

(edited by Krileon.8913)

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

If they revamp the AI in Maguuma and not the AI pets/minions, feel free to unleash the rage upon Anet.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

in Necromancer

Posted by: States.6387

States.6387

I thought the golem and minions were there just to make necro’s look more terrifying?
Are they supposed to attack? o_o

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Oh they do.. quite a lot tbh lol

but they run on different AI and the Ranger has control skills for them too
something the Necromancer really needs imo

We’ll never get control skills.

AI needs a bit of a rework, at the very least they need to be able to attack and move at the same time like players and reset their aggro faster when it fails. There could also be some really nice QoL things like being able to summon melee minions at the target’s location, speed boosts when they get a certain distance away from the target (and not straight-line distance but how far they have to run to the target), decreased summoning times, things like that.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aithnea.5671

Aithnea.5671

Honestly, it’s a toast to 3 years of MM being an afterthought. As I feel compelled to point out every time the flesh golem is brought up:

Flesh Golem is unusable underwater. Flesh Golem goes on full cooldown if you have to cross a stream briefly.

Plague is a transform. If a MM uses the only available aquatic elite, they lose all their other minions who can swim.

Flesh Golem was usable underwater in beta, it just had no animation. It honestly felt like Anet disabled it until it could be animated and then everyone involved forgot about it.

No MM for you!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oogabooga.3812

Oogabooga.3812

Unfortunately, it’s not just the Flesh Golem checking his Facebook: the bone minions do Pinterest during combat as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Duleshna.7430

Duleshna.7430

I think it’s the excess “toasting” that caused them to go braindead… No more drinks for you guys! looks angrily at my minion army Kidding aside, it would be nice to see at least some improvement on the AI. I remember them being a bit overly aggressive at one point… even that made more sense than them just standing there, staring at pretty flowers while their master is getting brutaly murdered a few feets next to them…

Current build – MM/Condition Necro: http://goo.gl/XSQmhj
Theoretical build – MM/Reaper (WIP): http://goo.gl/0Drlka