AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

So we might aswell start collecting builds, tryouts etc so we can determine what meta we are going for.

I’ll be back tonight (my b-day today) and see what i can come up with after listening to people who know their stuff ^^.

SO.. place your build suggestions/idea’s here. (so i can find em and abuse them later on)

Let’s hope they patch http://intothemists.com/calc/ this soon

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zyphent.2967

Zyphent.2967

Bumpin.

What’re you guys playin with for Runes and Sigils now?

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

Main: Superior Sigil of Corruption + Superior Sigil of Energy
2nd: Superior Sigil of Geomancy + Superior Sigil of Energy

Copy + Paste for aquatic gear.

Cooldown of Energy matches cooldown of weapon swap. One free dodge per weapon change every time weapon is off-cooldown.

Corruption & Geomancy self explanatory via conditionmancer build.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

Superior Rune of Nightmare * 6

50% chance to Fear enemy from being hit? Gdlyke in both pve & pvp.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Srolo.5208

Srolo.5208

Running a powermancer in WvW so I’m keeping my melandru runes. Sigils however I have Bloodlust + Fire on my Staff and Fire + Air on my Dagger/WH. Combining Fire/Air is allowing me to regain some of the heavy damage I lost with this Ferocity change but it doesn’t cover it completely.

30/10/x/x/30 with Zerk weapons, Knight armor, Cav trinkets. Most of my damage came from crit damage so I’m going to have to play around and see if I’m going to change anything. Losing 1k-2k+ damage per lifeblast is hurting…

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Bumpin.

What’re you guys playin with for Runes and Sigils now?

thats probably the hardest decision to make for me.

im tempted to use energy or hydromancy or both now, since they dont interfere with my on-crit sigils anymore, but at the same time, accuracy being buffed to 7% is also pretty good.

same with my conditionspec: with sigil of torment, sigil of earth, the weapon-swap-sigils and +cond.duration, it’s really hard to decide.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I didn’t change anything because of the patch, really. Just added more sigil power. I also recently swapped to Axe+Dagger as my off-weapon set in place of Staff, and I’m really liking it.

6/2/0/0/6
Main Sigils: Energy + Air
Off Sigils: Energy + Fire
Traveler Runes.

WvW Power Roamer. Cavalier Armor, Zerker Weapons/Accessories. All exotics besides a ring and the back piece.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’m still figuring out my new MM build in PvP. Still 20/0/30/20/0, nothing changed there, but I’m currently trying clerics/water runes with leeching/something. I’m also tempted to try the new on-swap next 3 attacks crit sigil with valk/30 in SR.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

ill be running 0/30/20/20/0
full dire armor with perplex
s/d ( geo/bursting) + staff (geo/torment)

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Running a powermancer in WvW so I’m keeping my melandru runes. Sigils however I have Bloodlust + Fire on my Staff and Fire + Air on my Dagger/WH. Combining Fire/Air is allowing me to regain some of the heavy damage I lost with this Ferocity change but it doesn’t cover it completely.

30/10/x/x/30 with Zerk weapons, Knight armor, Cav trinkets. Most of my damage came from crit damage so I’m going to have to play around and see if I’m going to change anything. Losing 1k-2k+ damage per lifeblast is hurting…

Wouldn’t bother trying to fix it. I was full zerk with your traits, ascended zerk trinkets and weapons with exotic armor and scholar runes – the highest possible dps short of ascended armor, and my damage has been nerfed into the ground. It is not even worth playing necro anymore at this point. The new parasitic contagion is a complete joke and I would say it is even an insult to a grandmaster trait. If you have a bleed that is ticking for 500 that is only a 25 heal. ANet and their pitifully low % bonuses have always enraged me. When you have a health pool of 20k and are getting wrecked by condition and direct damage the heal is just laughable.

CD

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Behemoth.2193

Behemoth.2193

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vQAQRBHbhG2IHNt2WbjvNs3mAkew7vAEp4YlpUA/6A-zECBYfDimoIQ0HhO7sIasFYFRjVbDT5SQWFLpBAQAuZb2mtZgbezbezbezCBMaMA-w

Currently roaming with this, has a lot of life force generation, easy vuln stacking and very high protection up-time on top of very high toughness for a dps focused build. Runes stack with Last Grasp giving you around 27 seconds of protection at 50% health.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

So I was running Ascii’s wellomancer build in WvW for zerging, groups, but I don’t think Ascii posts on here any more. Is there anything I should be changing in that build? I haven’t tried using the existing one in WvW yet, so I’m not sure what the effects of changes might be.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Except conditions on Necro can get out of control very quickly.
Assuming 100 damage per bleed tick (quite low for a condi build), just 30% bleed duration (from Spite tree, again quite low), and that the bleeds go the full duration:

Mark of Blood heals for 156 per target hit (104 in PvP)
Each scepter auto attack heals for 33
Grasping Dead: 137 per target (91 in PvP)
Enfeebling Blood: 130 per target
Blood is Power: 390 (although obviously you’ll net lose HP still if you don’t transfer)

And those are just some of our basic bleeds at very low values. When you start hitting multiple people it starts getting more. It is far from mediocre, and scales way better than any other life steal trait we have. People are expecting way too much from this trait.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: AkkiChan.7164

AkkiChan.7164

I whipped a little something on merely on the notion of “hey that looks kinda funny.”

So here you go, have at it folks, let me know what you think.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vQAQNAW7Yjc00bbjNe3webCQSx1QHpg4gpeA/7pD-zEBB0CA00QZSFRjtiqIasAA-w

A mesmer is more then clones and trickery.

(edited by AkkiChan.7164)

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

MM 20/0/30/20/0
CC, Bone Minions, Shadow Fiend, Bone Fiend, Fleshy.
Dagger/Warhorn (Leeching+Frailty) + Staff (Energy+Leeching)
Soldiers Ammy, Ogre Runes.

Still a total beast. (Essentially same build as pre-patch, but Frailty and Energy additions)

Frailty I suspect to be pretty under-rated. It often gives vuln, so it covers my Chills/Immobs very frequently, and gives damage to all of my pets. Leeching keeps me up as well as helps take enemies down quicker. CC lock and win, no biggy.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: greenphox.6875

greenphox.6875

My build is still pretty similar to before patch. Hybrid Conditions 4/6/0/0/4. Instead of putting my extra points into Blood Magic I put them into Soul Reaping to see if it helps me stay alive longer. Other than that running all Rabid Gear with Traveler Runes. Scepter/Dagger and Axe/Focus with sigils of Earth and Blood. Probably going to trade out the Blood sigil but not sure what for.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vQUQRArY3dlc0o6md3w2G0zNBApI3ajeQsxJTpw9yB-zQCBYhwINCiUFBiwI05QFRjtMsIasaIYqUCq6YJGA-e

(edited by greenphox.6875)

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Trying out the new traits atm, can’t say i found anything nice yet..
That critical damage really hurts most of the builds i used. no more “burst” for me atm.

@Luke are we back to using rubies again? ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

I’m poor, I don’t waste time on farming, I’m going for the cheap mode.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The 4 of my favorite armor sets out of 9 totally wrecked. Trying to figure out how to repair them and what trait point allocations are best for each.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Am I the only power Necro who doesn’t feel hurt by the Ferocity changes?

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Am I the only power Necro who doesn’t feel hurt by the Ferocity changes?

Can’t really comment, since I switched back to condition wanting to use the new traits. I doubt I would feel a large difference, but then again, I use primarily Knight’s gear.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

I got hit about as hard as you possibly could from an itemization/traiting standpoint, and I’m feeling good about my WvW experience so far. I’m just surprised to hear other people say they’re dropping Power because of the huge loss they experienced.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Srolo.5208

Srolo.5208

I got hit about as hard as you possibly could from an itemization/traiting standpoint, and I’m feeling good about my WvW experience so far. I’m just surprised to hear other people say they’re dropping Power because of the huge loss they experienced.

I’m by no means dropping power. Swapping sigils around so I have air and fire on my dagger/wh is definitely helping out, but its still a significant dps drop. Roaming since the patch has not shown me anything other than perplex dire thieves and engis. All I’m noticing right now is that my damage isn’t high enough to put enough pressure on classes like I was able to before the patch before they wear me down or are able to just flat out run away from me.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Roaming tonight taught me that Path of Corruption is amazing. Always great to watch those guardians pop stability and aegis, then run around on fire.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Roaming tonight taught me that Path of Corruption is amazing. Always great to watch those guardians pop stability and aegis, then run around on fire.

This trait is the one that surprised me the most.
Corrupt boon and it make boon stripping trivial and since it converts boons that’s an easy 4% dmg boost from target the weak.

Trying to decide how to trait for a PvP power build, 6/6/0/0/2, 4/6/0/0/4 or 2/6/0/0/6.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: balmung.6217

balmung.6217

I’m eating my words hard,path of corruption is really good.

I’ve been running 6/6/0/0/2 with krait runes sigil of earth/agony on scepter/dag and sigil of corruption/geomancy on staff.The results are way too good.

Gonna try out glass/semi tanky power build when i get home with new runes and sigils and see how it goes.Haven’t had this much fun in awhile glad i was wrong.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bianca.8039

Bianca.8039

I am thinking of WvW Cond build too, but wondering Rabid vs Dire

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Still playing Fetid Consumption, though I’m considering swapping out of Training of the Master for Death Nova.

Wondering what runes I should replace Lyssa with. No more stability for me.

Also, minions seem even stupider than usual. Did minion movement speed get changed in the last patch, because they can’t keep up with me at all.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

My condition roaming build for the moment:

4,V,X/6 IV,IX,XIII/0/0/4,II

Dire armor of perplexity.
Rampager weapons (can be dire) with:
Staff: Force/Bursting sigils
Wand: Malice sigil
Dagger: Torment sigil

and P,T,V trinklets.

Utilities: Corrupt boon or BiP, Plague or Spite Signet, Epidemic.

(NB: expensive as F%$)

E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

What about PvP builds?

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Right now I’m running with Parasitic Consumption, I know it’s not super godlike but I think it’s a well ballanced trait. I’m using 6/4/0/0/4 as a trait mix now (pretty much the old terrormancer build) with Nightmare runes (omgkitten!!?)

My other 2 ideas revolve around multiple life leech traits to help sustain. 6/4/0/4/0 but I’m not sure if bloodthirst will effect Parasitic Contagen, anyone test this?

Idea #3 is a play on my old condition/pet build 6/4/0/4/0 with vampiric master I would keep using CC because… Duh, and I would get rid of ol’ smoky for Eledimic.

These are just the builds I’m playing with, I am interested in the Parasitic Contagen trait obviously. I’m so interested in the new unholy sanctuary & unholy martyr combo for a bunker build.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

As a power Necro, I’m as effective as i was before the patch, with a couple of tweaks.

Kinda feel disappointed though, given this massive feature patch there is really nothing for me to get excited about.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Spvp:
Leeto’s build still with a tweak, not sure if effective enough, but didn’t ran into much probems so far.

4, V,X/4 IV,X/0/0/6, II, X, XII
Staff : fire/perception signet
D/D: Hydromancy/Accuracy signets.
Speed runes, barbarian jewel.

E.A.D.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foosnark.1784

Foosnark.1784

Also, minions seem even stupider than usual. Did minion movement speed get changed in the last patch, because they can’t keep up with me at all.

Before the patch, melee minions were about as bright as a stump, and moved about that much during the average fight. There wasn’t much room to get worse.

After the patch, because of my level I lost free jagged horrors and staff cooldown reduction, so it’s just harder to keep minions alive. I keep switching back and forth, but at 36 I’ll probably commit to power D/Wh and wells and forget about minions.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Cogbyrn, I am in total agreement with you. I run essentially the same build you do as a WvW power roamer. Sometimes I do 2/0/6/0/6 and run Staff but basically the same idea as far as equipment goes.

I feel like my damage has gone down a little bit but the extra sigils proccing are great. I also want to test out 2/0/6/0/6 using Runes of Strength and Blood to Power. Maybe throw in Sigil of Strength and use a Warhorn to get lots of crit procs, some crazy Might stacks to be had.

So my WvW experience is largely unchanged, although getting hit by less from thieves makes fighting all but the best of them much much easier.

Also, was running 2/6/0/0/6 with Path of Corruption and it seems really strong as well even with non-optimal stat ratios (too much precision). Path of Corruption is hands down better than any of the other new GM traits and competes favorably for best trait overall.

(edited by displacedTitan.6897)

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

MM 20/0/30/20/0
CC, Bone Minions, Shadow Fiend, Bone Fiend, Fleshy.
Dagger/Warhorn (Leeching+Frailty) + Staff (Energy+Leeching)
Soldiers Ammy, Ogre Runes.

Still a total beast. (Essentially same build as pre-patch, but Frailty and Energy additions)

Frailty I suspect to be pretty under-rated. It often gives vuln, so it covers my Chills/Immobs very frequently, and gives damage to all of my pets. Leeching keeps me up as well as helps take enemies down quicker. CC lock and win, no biggy.

I’m pretty darn new to sPvP and necro in general, and I’m awful at switching weapons so I modified this build a little as far as sigils and rune and I’ve got to say this is just amazing.

Maybe not huge for others but I did a match where I took out three people before dying which is awesome for someone new to sPvP. :P

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

My old experiment with Tahlkora’s and Exuberance seems buffed a bit. Will try a precision/power/vitality build.

I think I will spend some time farming TA.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

30/30/0/0/10 d/d and staff Soldiers armor and weapons zerker trinkets. Spiteful Spirit, Chill of Death, Close to Death, Weakening Shroud, Spectral Attunement, Path of Corruption, and Spectral Mastery. Consume Conditions, Spectral Walk, Spectral Armor, Flesh Wurm, and either plague or flesh golem.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Sarrs.4831

What do people think of Traveler’s runes as a replacement for Lyssa? I don’t know if it’s just because I’m so used to keeping Siggy of the Locust active in WvW, but they feel quite nice to use as MM in spvp.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Been trying this out and calling it This is Why You Can’t Have Nice Things:

6/6/0/0/2

Empowering Blast, Spinal Shivers, Near to Death
Enfeebling Shroud, Master of Corruption, Path of Corruption
Path of Midnight

Axe + Focus with Strength and Bloodlust
Dagger + WarHorn with Battle and Energy
Runes of Strength + Berserker Amulet
CC, Well of Suffering , Spectral Armor, Corrupt Boon and Golem.

Tried out Blood is Power in all 3 utilities, but it actually was less effective since I needed the stun break, burst and extra corruption.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Is there any online build editor available yet? Which has updated builds, etc

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Seigfried,

Not yet. We are all waiting. Will probably take some time tbh.

FW

Is there any online build editor available yet? Which has updated builds, etc

[SoX] – JQ

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: baster.6354

baster.6354

Hey guys! What do you think about this build? Its for both: SPvP(solo que) and WvW solo roaming.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vQAQNAW7Yjc00Yb1N+2webCQSBvQH9g4gBgSh7pD-TIAAzEfB

All about the fear. You can constantly fear your enemy.
Rotation is dot’s from staff -> fear from staff -> dot’s from scepter -> spectrall wall -> dot’s from staff -> fear from DS and the job is done. If not → mark and blood is power, repeat the rotation.

The new rune of nightmare is just amazing.. FEAR IS EVERYWHERE.

(edited by baster.6354)

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Hey guys! What do you think about this build? Its for both: SPvP(solo que) and WvW solo roaming.

Rotation is dot’s from staff -> fear from staff -> dot’s from scepter -> spectrall wall -> dot’s from staff -> fear from DS and the job is done. If not -> mark and blood is power, repeat the rotation.

i dont think spiteful vigor is worth it. would swap that to 20%staff cooldowns or something else.

and yes, they are amazing. still kittened that the runes are soulbound. found 3 of them with my warrior…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: tehdevbot.1398

tehdevbot.1398

Rotation is dot’s from staff -> fear from staff -> dot’s from scepter -> spectrall wall -> dot’s from staff -> fear from DS and the job is done. If not -> mark and blood is power, repeat the rotation.

Bit of a noob to the necro, freshly 80. Thinking of trying this out in WvW, what armor would you suggest for this?

(edited by tehdevbot.1398)

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

baster.6354

Rabid gear with necromancer runes and a rabid weapons with earth\agony sigils.

Almost every ele’s\engi’s\hunt’s die before they could drop me below 50% of health

(edited by baster.6354)

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

baster.6354

Rune of the Necromancer is worse than Nightmare. And Sigil of Agony is worse than Generosity.

yeah i know, but 55 gold for a sigil is too expensive for me right now. And I cant find rune of the Nightmare at TP. ;\

So what about the build generally?

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Sarrs.4831

Rune of the Necromancer is worse than Nightmare. And Sigil of Agony is worse than Generosity.

Is Carrion Condi still a thing for necros? I could see Generosity not being very valuable as a Carrion necro.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

AFTER PATCH BUILDS:

in Necromancer

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

yeah i know, but 55 gold for a sigil is too expensive for me right now. And I cant find rune of the Nightmare at TP. ;\

Rune of Nightmare is frm Twilight Arbor