Abandoning Necromancer

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

Although I have enjoyed playing Necromancer as my main since I joined GW2 in April, I really can’t handle it any more. I don’t know what ANet has planned for Necromancers going forward, but the profession is in a sad state these days, and it’s going to be at least 3 months before we get a “features update” that might address the problems.

So I’m putting my Necro back in her box, and moving on to a new profession. Maybe I’ll come back to it in the future, I don’t know.

I’ve enjoyed playing as both Guardian and Elementalist, so I’ll probably go with one of those.

What about you? How much longer will you be playing Necro, and what will you do when you’ve finally had enough?

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Already switched mains to a warrior, tons of stability and mobility Forgot what it was like to actually survive, and when needed, to get away. I guess if i wanted true attrition I could have gone with guardian, but their mobility isn’t much better than what I had grown sick of with the necro.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’ve been playing a necromancer since Guild Wars 1 launched, and I’ve always been a one-character person. But the necromancer in GW2 is no longer as much fun to play as it was on launch (partially due to them removing the 1-hit kill survival in Death Shroud, that made shroud dancing fun and engaging).

Lately I’ve honestly wondered if I should continue with this class. The development team seems to not have a coherent plan what to do with this class, and they don’t seem all that interested in it either. There’s no love for this class. Any changes to the necromancer are always quickly skipped over in live streams, because Warriors and Guardians don’t get enough attention already. But in that process, the class has been gutted. It’s very rare that there’s a skill balance patch that doesn’t either balance entirely for PvP, or utterly destroys a popular build or trait. Balancing shouldn’t work that way. What we need is more options, not less. So yes, I can see entirely where you are coming from.

Many of our traits are also rather uninspired, and are missing the sort of interesting mechanics that did exist conceptually before launch. If you go through some of the conceptual traits that didn’t make it into the game, you’ll find a lot of traits that the class desperately needs (such as Shade, which counters stun-locking a necromancer that is in Death Shroud).

I’ve also rolled a Guardian as an alt to fall back on. Because if the developers do not care about the class, why should we?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Already switched to Mesmer / Warrior – it’s great to feel poweful in WvW.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Oh lawd. Necromancers are in a strong state in WvW and PvP. They can still condi bomb someone to death and wells are a great WvW tool.

OP: you want to play an ele? Prepare to feel like an idiot compared to the necromancer, unless it’s for zergs.

Necros keep whining and I agree you have some issues, mainly mobility but you’re FAR, FAR from the worst class in the game.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

On the topic on the state of necromancer, I do agree that anet doesn’t seem to know what they are doing with the class. They either give us things we didn’t ask for that breaks the class further or nerf the things we did ask for before they are even released. Siphoning traits like vampiric and vampiric precision are horrible, so much so that I wish vampiric was replaced in the blood magic line with anything and combined with vampiric precision to become a major.

Since launch I wanted to build around siphoning, but that playstyle is heavily neglected. My current siphoning build only works somewhat because I invested in spectral abilities which didn’t cross my mind till this month.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morelia.6835

Morelia.6835

What about you? How much longer will you be playing Necro, and what will you do when you’ve finally had enough?

I guess I’d post a thread on the official forums crying about how terrible everything is.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

jsduke.6537

Oh lawd. Necromancers are in a strong state in WvW and PvP. They can still condi bomb someone to death and wells are a great WvW tool.

OP: you want to play an ele? Prepare to feel like an idiot compared to the necromancer, unless it’s for zergs.

Necros keep whining and I agree you have some issues, mainly mobility but you’re FAR, FAR from the worst class in the game.

I’m a PvE player. I don’t know how Necros do in PvP areas of the game, and I really don’t care. Balancing patches that are focused on PvP have really hurt Necros in PvE. You may have valid points about the PvP side of things, but those things don’t matter to me. In the area of the game that I play, Necromancers suffer greatly.

The profession as a whole is neglected by the devs. The only attention Necros get is PvP balancing to make sure Necros aren’t overpowering the other professions in that environment. Perhaps because Necros do well in those environments, the devs feel that there is no need to give attention to Necros in PvE, which has resulted in the profession’s steady decline over the past several months.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zombie.4197

Zombie.4197

I’ve been playing a necromancer since I started gw2 8 months ago, loved it then, love it now, sure there are things to be fixed but I’ve never been one to switch professions just because it isn’t the most l33t class, I’ll keep playing my necro to the best of my ability.

Zombexx [RED] 80 Necromancer – NA SoS.
Necromancy is a way of life :).

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’m going to be sticking with my necro, but I agree that it really feels like ANet just doesn’t know where to take the profession. We know they have good ideas (as evidenced by datamined SoV), but then they nerf what the necro needs more of and buff what the class doesn’t. Necro is supposed to be an aggressive attrition class, but what we are currently most known for is a passive burst. It’s pretty clear that somewhere along the line, things got screwed up.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nebiros.4801

Nebiros.4801

Anet counts on people to switch professions. They are IMO following the LoTRO model for MMO’s. Make a profession so good that everyone wants to play it so they start one. Few months nerf it and boost another so they stop that one and move to another. So, obviously this is my opinion but, I have been playing MMO’s a long time and Anet started out with good intentions on professions but someone got fired or hired who has the mind set of the boost and nerf system. For most people it is not exciting to invest a lot of time into gear type for a profession to only have it nerfed in a few months. So, if you love the game what do you have to go do now? Reinvest more time into another gear set that is most likely going to see a nerf in a few months.
It is a cycle all to familiar and Anet has proven to be no different.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

jsduke.6537

I’ve been playing a necromancer since I started gw2 8 months ago, loved it then, love it now, sure there are things to be fixed but I’ve never been one to switch professions just because it isn’t the most l33t class, I’ll keep playing my necro to the best of my ability.

I’m not interested in being “most l33t”. I’m interested in playing a profession that isn’t being neglected by the development teams. It seems to me that ANet doesn’t know what to do with the Necromancer, and they don’t seem have much interest in the profession, either.

So I’m going to reinvest my play-time in a profession that enjoys more care and attention from the development teams.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Necro just isnt that fun for me anymore. Have been switching between my alts pretty evenly. Only my necro and thief get neglected. Next class to lvl will be engi and i expect I will play that more than necro aswell. If necro recieved a cleave weapon I would probably instantly find the class fun again.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

I rerolled a mesmer, then moved to ele, after that I leveled a guardian and all that time I was expecting some rework/buffs on necro, but nothing. So I stoped playing GW2 a couple of months ago. I came back to see the “awesome pvp patch” but again… frustration at max.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Although necro was nerfed directly and indirectly in the conditions department, retiring my terror build, I’ve switched to power build and will wait a couple more months. If they don’t balance the class correctly by then I’ll Delete my necro and uninstall GW2 and move on to something better.

Teef master race

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

Im currently levelling up a Warrior just for those days when I cant be bothered with all the hassle that comes with Necro.

Necro is my main and always will be my main and ive played it from beta to now but there are times when there is no wiggle room and one little error gets you punished alot more severe than other classes and it is only getting worse. So when I want a easier nights play then I will run Warrior but I must admit I am bored to tears levelling up Warrior as it is that easy but if they want everyone to run Warriors then I shall run a Warrior. I am hoping that its just because im doing PVE and not WvW I would rather not run around in an uplevelled character in WvW but im hoping the class gets more enjoyable.

Maybe once they check the stats and see the amount running Warriors and the amount running other classes it might suddenly hit home that they need to start bringing others to the same level. After that I plan doing Engineer it is alot more fun than Warrior but I didn’t want to fall into the same trap of pick a class and they are neglected. For that reason Ranger is never hitting my radar about the only class I find worse than Necro in terms of being neglected.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

I quit playing my necromancer months ago. I’ve barely logged on it more than 2 or 3 times since June.

I liked the Necromancer for its myriad condition options (which seemed to be unique in the sheer number of them), but they keep nerfing the conditions due to people QQing in PVP, so there’s not much point in even playing a necro unless you’re a power/healing-based Minion Master.

It’s getting to the point where I can do more condition damage using the Fire/Earth Attunements on my Elementalist. And that’s just plain sad. Corruption abilities have been so thoroughly gutted that it would take an amazing player that can perfectly rotate through cooldowns to put any meaningful condition pressure on opponents, considering all the cleanses that are easily available to just about every class.

Not to mention that now with the Staff nerfed, they even took my favorite weapon away, so I really have no desire to even use my necro character for anything but crafting.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

If you don’t think necromancer’s are wildly powerful in WvW then you seriously don’t know the class. I’m surprised to even read that.

I’ll happily stay with my necro. I find the playstyle much more fun than most other classes, and it fits my playstyle very well.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

jsduke.6537

If you don’t think necromancer’s are wildly powerful in WvW then you seriously don’t know the class. I’m surprised to even read that.

I’ll happily stay with my necro. I find the playstyle much more fun than most other classes, and it fits my playstyle very well.

I don’t do PvP or WvW. I’m a PvE player. It’s a much different story in that game environment.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Although I have enjoyed playing Necromancer as my main since I joined GW2 in April, I really can’t handle it any more. I don’t know what ANet has planned for Necromancers going forward, but the profession is in a sad state these days, and it’s going to be at least 3 months before we get a “features update” that might address the problems.

So I’m putting my Necro back in her box, and moving on to a new profession. Maybe I’ll come back to it in the future, I don’t know.

I’ve enjoyed playing as both Guardian and Elementalist, so I’ll probably go with one of those.

Coward, how dare you call self necromancer, if you can’t handle just few nerfs. Suffering is our dogma.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

borrok.9267

When you play against uplevels every class is op =)

Teef master race

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

I don’t do PvP or WvW. I’m a PvE player. It’s a much different story in that game environment.

Yup, didn’t say anything about PVE. Necros have been subpar in PVE since launch.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nijjion.2069

Nijjion.2069

I play my necro in WvW a lot as love roaming with it, but I would be stupid to bring it into PvE/fractals. Too cheap to buy a berserker set for the moment.

A lot more useful classes that actually give something to the group and do damage that isn’t deleted from ‘teammates’.

Until they fix the broken mechanic that is bleeds no one should be conditions in PvE.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Avigrus.2871

It’s easy to say you’re wildly powerful when you have a class that can spam AOE conditions/wells in a zerg and collect bags like you’re picking up the groceries. I can run out on my power necro and be successful in roaming/zerging as well.

Try fighting when the odds are stacked against you and you’re being ping-ponged around by 2 warriors.

No sustain, very little mobility/disengage but as long as we have condition spam everything will be alright… right guys?

I can jump on pretty much any other class that i have and at least have a decent run at a crappy situation where i’m outnumbered.

The class just needs some re-balancing. Remove some DPS from conditions (stop the PvP whiners) and look at the sustain problems. Another patch blows by us and siphoning is still a joke – A-net must be aware of this… there is no way they can be this ignorant.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

It’s easy to say you’re wildly powerful when you have a class that can spam AOE conditions/wells in a zerg and collect bags like you’re picking up the groceries. I can run out on my power necro and be successful in roaming/zerging as well.

Try fighting when the odds are stacked against you and you’re being ping-ponged around by 2 warriors.

No sustain, very little mobility/disengage but as long as we have condition spam everything will be alright… right guys?

I can jump on pretty much any other class that i have and at least have a decent run at a crappy situation where i’m outnumbered.

The class just needs some re-balancing. Remove some DPS from conditions (stop the PvP whiners) and look at the sustain problems. Another patch blows by us and siphoning is still a joke – A-net must be aware of this… there is no way they can be this ignorant.

Your point is that we can’t beat 2 warriors?

If you want changes to Necros I wouldn’t start with, well we can’t beat 2 of the most powerful class currently. Just because we can’t run away from a fight doesn’t mean the class is all of a sudden worth abandoning from a pvp standpoint.

Also I’m not getting the condescending “try fighting this” or “killing up levels is easy” comments. Ive played Necro in wvw since launch. I’m well aware of what the class is capable of and what the weaknesses are, and they really haven’t changed much other than 6/25, and even that still kept the big points the same.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Let’s just say that my mesmer has been getting a lot of playtime as of late.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

borrok.9267

If you want changes to Necros I wouldn’t start with, well we can’t beat 2 of the most powerful class currently. Just because we can’t run away from a fight doesn’t mean the class is all of a sudden worth abandoning from a pvp standpoint.

Also I’m not getting the condescending “try fighting this” or “killing up levels is easy” comments. Ive played Necro in wvw since launch. I’m well aware of what the class is capable of and what the weaknesses are, and they really haven’t changed much other than 6/25, and even that still kept the big points the same.

I think his point is that you can’t defend against or escape 2 warriors… Regardless, you aren’t seeing the big picture. A class that is seeing more and more nerfs and no real balancing now has to contend with other classes that are getting buffed to counter conditions.

Teef master race

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Vital Persistence (just try it out Condi or Power)

ps: dont tell aNet I liked it

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krypal.5968

Krypal.5968

Necromancer and elementalist seem to be very much on the back burner for Anet….which is sad since they are the two classes that attracted me the most.

They need to stop what they are doing and look and find a way so that ALL classes are viable and wanted for dungeons etc.
We all know how much you love and adore your warriors but for your CUSTOMERS sake get your heads down and look around please Anet.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Eles are fine lol. Ideal group in pve has 1 or 2 eles.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Avigrus.2871

I was clearly using that as an example of a situation where the odds are stacked against you, not as a whine about warriors.

Trying to highlight the deficiencies that have been with this class since launch – namely, sustain and survivability.

(edited by Avigrus.2871)

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

I’ve played a tanky powermancer since launch. I’ve tried a variety of builds including combinations of Soldier, Knight, Cleric, and Celestial. Aside from running a straight Well build in SPVP (no doubt this is powerful due to the condensed fighting right on top of the point) the class feels behind the curve. I am perfectly fine with accepting weaknesses such as low mobility and low spike damage, but given those weaknesses we perform poorly at attrition and in keeping enemies from fleeing.

I feel a large contributor is the balancing around SPVP where a fleeing enemy is considered no problem as you keep the point. Likewise, in SPVP, the Wells perform strongly and are lackluster in WvW. Anet needs to eyeball some balance tweaks outside of SPVP.

-Improve lifesteal.
-Improved speed/range on Dark Path.
-Fix all the bugs with Spectral Grasp.
-Increased life force generation.
-Some sort of defense again multiple foes/crowd control.
-Balancing MH Dagger and Axe skills, etc.
Etc.

That being said I’ll continue to chug along. I am leveling a tanky Bomb Engineer which fun and rather strong, but if Necro isn’t in a presentable state when ESO comes out I don’t know if I would bother playing any more, despite the lack of monthly fee.

(edited by Draehl.2681)

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

I was going to make a longer post to reply to some of these responses, but I’ll keep it to this:

- I was talking about WvW pretty specifically. PVE and high level TPvP are not considered in my original post or any others.

- Classes should be able to defend against conditions, and necros altered the meta drastically a while back. It’s not a travesty to have to adjust to other classes instead of them adjusting to us.

I think it’s dumb that Necros took such nerfs because of Dhuumfire and I actually liked things better before (old corrupt boon, putrid mark, etc etc.), but the class is far from useless IMO.

- If you want escapes and mobility, I think Engineers are pretty great at that. I realize that may come off as rude, but the Devs have been very, very clear about Necros not having these things, and have never mentioned otherwise. Stop expecting it.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I think it would be hilarious if every single player of the game switched to Warrior or Guardian for a couple of weeks. Think they’d notice? Or release heavy armour cash shop skins only that fortnight?

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Avigrus.2871

I was going to make a longer post to reply to some of these responses, but I’ll keep it to this:

- I was talking about WvW pretty specifically. PVE and high level TPvP are not considered in my original post or any others.

- Classes should be able to defend against conditions, and necros altered the meta drastically a while back. It’s not a travesty to have to adjust to other classes instead of them adjusting to us.

I think it’s dumb that Necros took such nerfs because of Dhuumfire and I actually liked things better before (old corrupt boon, putrid mark, etc etc.), but the class is far from useless IMO.

- If you want escapes and mobility, I think Engineers are pretty great at that. I realize that may come off as rude, but the Devs have been very, very clear about Necros not having these things, and have never mentioned otherwise. Stop expecting it.

I agree with this.

I realise A-nets stance on mobility for the Necromancer class is not going to change, so they need to give us better ways to sustain and face tank the damage – even if that sustain comes at the expense of some DPS.

Combat in WvW is heavily in favour of the more mobile classes – Mesmers, Thieves and Warriors.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Part of that though is due to the terrain design; big open areas make it hard to disengage/break line of sight when you are on a class with next to no real mobility. It also contributes to zerg centric game play in that manner as well since it is harder for smaller forces to properly ambush larger ones.

Adding some more clutter/cover to WvW would passively help in a large way if a player is willing to use said cover.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

Hmm.. let’s see when will I stop playing my main necromancer.. Hmm maybe I should move to one of my other necromancers that’s 80.. or maybe I should leave that one and take another necromancer 80..
I will never leave my profession, GW2 isn’t made for a 3 Way combat system, it’s made because every profession can take any roll as they want, just have to build for it..

Necro 4 Life – Tbh, I think it’s PATHETIC that people leave their favourite profession that they have mastered just so they can take a new character that needs nothing more then keysmashing/ endure pain

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Hahaha… we have a lot less damage now then before we had dhuumfire…

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

I love my Necro and I have thousands of hours spent on him. I have, like some others here, been playing a necromancer for years and years, dating back to the younger days of GW1.

These days, however, I find myself playing more of my mesmer and my warrior in PvP. It feels nice to be able to disengage from a fight, or to be able to get some breathing room with invuln/stability/stealth/etc. Playing the necromancer effectively simply requires too much effort compared to the payback.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Guard, but I really wanted to just necro in this game.
I now struggle to get thru dailys without guildys/buddys wanting to hang and chat.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I’m not switching, I don’t care. I’ve even made a ton of threads in other forums that have said that I am switching, and asking for advice, but every time I play another class, it’s never what I want.

Granted, Necro isn’t exactly in a state that I or most others where would consider desirable, especially for PvE where the changes that are made are often overlooked, but you can’t chalk up PvE problems to the Necromancer before you question the design of PvE in regards to the roles we fill, and every good Necro knows that.

I keep playing Necro because I know that PvE design is trying to shift – I saw it with TA Aetherpath and with every new instance that I find myself more and more useful in (relatively speaking, of course). I can’t see them changing existing content to fit more roles, but I do think that future content will allow us to see some more viability.

Another thing is, I’ve also played GW1 for 6 years, primarily on Necromancer, and necromancer only had two very situational roles in PvE until late in the game’s life (MM and SS). Once content was changed, Necro was a staple in most of the Elite zones. Now I know that these are vastly different games, and Necro in GW2 seems to be a vastly different concept, but I still have a dim hope because I absolutely love this class. Perhaps our attrition exists in our patience

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: CursedShaitan.9720

CursedShaitan.9720

Anet counts on people to switch professions. They are IMO following the LoTRO model for MMO’s. Make a profession so good that everyone wants to play it so they start one. Few months nerf it and boost another so they stop that one and move to another. So, obviously this is my opinion but, I have been playing MMO’s a long time and Anet started out with good intentions on professions but someone got fired or hired who has the mind set of the boost and nerf system. For most people it is not exciting to invest a lot of time into gear type for a profession to only have it nerfed in a few months. So, if you love the game what do you have to go do now? Reinvest more time into another gear set that is most likely going to see a nerf in a few months.
It is a cycle all to familiar and Anet has proven to be no different.

This is upsetting. I bought this game to play a necro and only a necro. I will not under any circumstances level another class. I’ve played MMOS for many years and i’ve grown tired of most of it. There is really only one thing that continues to entertain me these days and that’s playing attrition type necro class’s. I’d rather have 6 necro/lock type characters in 6 different games or even 6 necros in one game than play 6 different classes int he same game. I know for fact a significant portion of people play mmos to play their class type of preference and only dabble when their preferred class is broken and are just waiting for a balance. If it comes or not usually defines weather or not they stay. Forcing people to cycle classes in order to keep game play fresh instead of coming up with new content and skills is a cheap and ineffective way to keep your player base sticking around. There should be enough content and class innovation going around to keep single class players happy or arena net is in for a rude awakening that i’d rather they just avoid. At the end of the day no matter how frustrated i’m getting with the game i’m still rooting for them and want this game to succeed because i really believe it has a chance to be something long lasting and special in the mmo community. At present though some serious course correction is called for to keep that a possibility.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kythulhu.9026

Kythulhu.9026

I bought this game because I like playing Necromancers. I played one in GW1, and don’t plan on switching it up. But with how Necros are being treated, I am leaving the game for a bit. I log on to chat with friends I have made in the game, while moving back and forth every 30 minutes to avoid being d/c.

I was given a PS3 by a friend on Friday. Off to play that now.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

I stopped playing after opening the WvW chest.

I haven’t logged back in to see how bad Necro’s are now. I don’t want to. I quickly lost my desire to play this game.

One foot out the door, yet again.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: BondageBill.4021

BondageBill.4021

Posted the following in another thread earlier today. Fits pretty well here:

Necro was my main from head-start until the Queen’s Jubilee patch, and comprised probably 90%+ of my play time over that period. Though I was aware of the Necro’s flaws in PvE previously, Liadri turned out to be my breaking point.

After spending too darn many attempts on Liadri on my Necro, I switched over to my Mesmer, created a new build on the fly, equipped a GS (which I hadn’t used since level 10ish), and one-shot the encounter. It wasn’t that I was better on my Mes; in fact I had power-leveled the Mes through AC farm and crafting, and barely used her since. Instead the key difference was two additional invulns, constant vigor, and blink.

Unfortunately, the core Necro design of low mobility, low evasion, no invulnerability, and support / control via conditions is directly contrary to the core of the combat system in GW2. I’ve found my Mesmer is far better for anything PvE (except tagging mobs in massive zergs), and generally more entertaining as well.

Now, my Necro is relegated for my WvW zerg character. He’s still not attrition based though; he’s a squishy backline AoE nuker, just as intended.

“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Some issues?
I could swear we had issues from the first day the game launched that never got addressed or they were fixed 6 months later when everyone abused the necros to a ridiculus extend.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

The current state of the necro can be summarized as

- PvP: good

- WvW: good in small groups, average in zerg

- PvE: horrible

For WvW and PvE, the difference between conditionmancer and powermancer doesn’t really change the outcome of above statement.
It has been this way since day 1, so if you want detailed explanations, just look up the countless threads on this topic.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I switched from Warrior to Necromancer, and I have no plans to look back for my main. There are some QoL items I would love to see addressed, but sometimes I still balk at how insanely Necros can melt people. I also tend to stay behind and aggressively draw a zerg’s attention so other people can get away, so the mobility is less of an issue for me. I guess I’m unique in that I don’t think dying is the end of the world for me. Too many hard dives into zergs on my Warrior only to find my own zerg went the other direction helped build my tolerance, I suppose.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: wreninthetree.7359

wreninthetree.7359

I’ve been playing since release primarily on my necro. Its the only 80 I have. I have enjoyed my necro in pve and wvw. I considered the mobility and defensive difficulties of the class just another challenge to overcome. Even though the class has been frustrating at times and many of the changes to the class have seemed tepid, I always had fun and enjoyed the game. However, I am now not even logging in until I see a sign that the devs have more interest in the necromancer than what we saw on the recent livestream. For me the clear lack of motivation and interest by the devs shows me that I am currently wasting my time with this game. I will be back the minute I see some effort from Anet toward the Necromancer.

Abandoning Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

still playing my necro but less than usual. been zerging more often with my zerker suicidal staff ele since I noticed most our staff eles are too bunkerish to take out seiges fast enough or punish people that continue to man then while being AoE’ed. I could not record it but I ate a 9k hit clock and dagger and my HP was barely 12k in the back of my zerg. at that moment i missed my necro to deal with such high damage spike situations but at least even this kind of suicidal builds could have real means to escape, avoid the awful stunlock and hammer sport tossing unlike my necromancer.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140