About the GS 5 skill (Grasping Darkness)

in Necromancer

Posted by: benzegol.5829

benzegol.5829

I noticed that sometimes ,even when im in range,even if the mob or player doesnt have stability or whatever kitten this skill just doesnt pull the target to me? Is there any bugg or something ? The line of sight is also the correct but still it just do dmg but nothing less ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Yes, its a skill that reliably fails. Its a waste of workhours they made new, pretty and nonworking tech insted of ctrlv magnet pull

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: nica.5829

nica.5829

Post about this in game bug forums, feel free to add anything you know to it… this sucks in pvp. I was thinking it must be me using it wrong at first because I’ve only played necro for a couple of weeks and reaper even more recently.

in Necromancer

Posted by: benzegol.5829

benzegol.5829

I though the same but there is no other explanation. Posted it in bugg forums so let see.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It’s a terrain issue. It happens on all pulling effects except the engineer’s (it always succeeds per the skill’s design for some reason), and many teleport skills as well such as steal.

With use you’ll eventually figure out how and what terrain to look for. Would be nice if they could find a way to overcome this issue, but I know it’s a hugely complicated issue. Pathing isn’t easy to work with.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Not true. I can successfully pull opponents from the center of khylo down from the roof. The thing that is going to get you in PvP is passives. A lot passives activate on pull and launch. In PvE these skills (pulls) don’t operate by flight of the crow. It is the same with movement skills. Using them at their max range (or close to) will give the animation, but under the hood the coding doesn’t recognised they have connected. Welcome to first world warrior problems for the last 3 years. Also feel free to chuck in that anet loves making bosses where reflects won’t work, stuns wont work, immobilise wont work. They especially love not telling you. You can reflect the queen spider in AC, but you can’t reflect the giant spider in twilight arbor. Pulls have much higher success rates if you use them at no more than half their stated range.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

It’s a terrain issue. It happens on all pulling effects except the engineer’s (it always succeeds per the skill’s design for some reason), and many teleport skills as well such as steal.

Hope you’re not talking about magnet pull buddy. We’ve had the same issues with that skill not properly pulling an opponent to us forever now.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds