Advice needed for dagger/melee Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gaudium.9807

Gaudium.9807

Hello Everyone,

im new to the necro and have a little question. Has anyone a good build for a melee Necro focusing on crit and power? Sure he need some survivability too.

I m going to play solo PvE and have no really clue which skills, weaponsets an traits synergize well with each other for facing the enemy right in front. I will need it mainly for leveling.

I already thought about something like playing Dagger/Dagger with power and precision and Wells for AOE if im facing multiple foes.

Or are melee Necros a bad choice after all and you guys think that i should play something else?

Thank you very much in advance

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-tutorials/first

i can tell u that pve necro is very fun. as nemesis showed u can do great melee damage.
But for wvw or pvp, power necro is just not that strong. in wvw u need range (staff,scepter), and in spvp its 10-20% weaker. a nice challange to play, just dont expect any great results

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

Hey Gaudium,

The necro power build is based around stacking lots of vulnerability on your targets. Your mainhand weapons will be Axe, Dagger, or Staff, and your offhand weapons will be Focus or Warhorn. You could use dagger offhand if you wanted to, however it is more focused on conditions. I think Dagger/Focus + Staff would be the best combination for leveling. But feel free to try them all out and see which ones you like best, that’s the most important thing.

For utilities, use Spectral Wall (make the mobs run through it a few times for easy 20 stacks of vulnerability), Well of Suffering, and something else, doesn’t really matter which, maybe Blood is Power for the huge might stack.

Traits are flexible. 30 points in Blood Magic, taking Vampiric Rituals, works really, really well in PvE because you can take on 5-6 mobs at once and your wells will siphon health from all of them. If you do this use Well of Corruption as your third utility, and maybe Well of Blood as your heal, too.

Other good traits: Close to Death, Greater Marks, Weakening Shroud, Reaper’s Might, Banshee’s Wail, Ritual of Protection, Bloodthirst, Ritual Mastery.

Melee necro is a really fun build, enjoy it!

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

in Necromancer

Gaudium.9807

Thanks for the info. Does anybody have some experiance with leveling a dagger necro? On Which traits schould i focus and what skills should i take first?

in Necromancer

Gaudium.9807

Ah thank u lettucemode. i think we posted at the same time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: tasbury.3674

tasbury.3674

There are so many other classes that do crit/power builds better than a necro I just don’t understand why people do it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Victor Blackwell.3609

Victor Blackwell.3609

I mainly run a melee build. it’s a very versatile and fun build. I go use dagger/warhorn and staff. Well of blood, suffering and corruption. I love spectral path for the stunbreaker and swiftness but you could use anything else here. Whatever you want for Elite. Traits: 15 spite, 10 Death Magic, 30 Blood Magic and 15 in Soul Reaping. the idea is to use your wells to aoe all the time, this will deal damage and heal you with Vampiric Rituals as lettucemode said. If you go with a Soldier/Cleric set you’ll be very tanky and can stay in melee for most fights and you can be great support. At lvl 80 and with exotic gear I have 3k Attack, but it’s damage output still isn’t the best and I crit every once in a blue moon. But it is very fun.
Just my two cent.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bushi.4507

Bushi.4507

try Sheobix’s Juggermancer build. I was never happy with necro until I went that route. Now my necro is my main, and my guard,warr,thief gather dust. Incredible resilience. You will out last most. My attack is over 3500, my armor over 3k = WvW fun.

Mordred The Red

[HB] Black Gate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQIQRAoY3NjMap7lbG7JAZGNz7MDu9OSRwGD

^
That’s what I use and it works pretty well for me, in dungeons I pretty much use the same build as the one I linked but i swap the health steal on crit trait for life transfer healing on allies and certain situations I’ll run wells instead of corruptions (then swap the corruption trait to ground target wells). this is more of a hybrid build and thus is more flexible than most power builds. You do good direct damage as well as conditions and have good survivability.

I really hate that build site because it’s so buggy, but it’s one of the few that are still updated, so I had to manually add what gear to use since my link is only half working:

Attachments:

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…