Agony?

Agony?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aren.9478

Aren.9478

So I have read about the new condition that is coming out and obviously my first question was : “Will I be able to use that condition as a Necromancer?” Necromancers being supposedly the most powerful proffesions for condition it would make sense if we would be able to use it…and it would give us a condition that no one else has, finally making the Necromancer good. For me when I started the Necromancer he just lacked the special something that every other class has. For example Elementalists with having a ridiculous amount of weapon skills. And while some would argue DS makes up for that I would much rather have 40 more weapon skill options than temporarily gain 5 new ones and be invulnerable for a short space of time. At this point I can hear people saying: Well good for you, go and play an elementalist. Yet I like the idea of the Necromancer and it is my favourite class by far…but definitely lacking the damage output or just something to make us good and not have to rely on specific builds that sometimes work and other times dont.

Agony?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

You will not be able to use it, it’s a monster only skill. It sounds very similar to Spectral Agony which was a skill in gw1.

Agony?

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

That and fall damage. It seems to apply a percentage reduction of health over time, and is not removable like other conditions. I do wonder how it will interact with a necromancers Life Force pool tho…

Agony?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/That-Agony-condition-hmm/first#post711405

Topics been brought up already, its a monster only control that works off % max health. I would assume digiowl it functions like fall damage working off base health not death shroud health and dealing damage equal to that like 100% fall damage killing you even if your in death shroud.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

Agony?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

Will Necromancers ever see the ability to use Agony?

No. Why? Because it’s a monster skill.

The whole Fractal Dungeon actually is just throwing back to the first Guild Wars and will very likely begin drawing heavy links with the Mursaat. From the new armor tier “Ascended” to the Infusion slot. These are all hints, in my opinion, to future content involving are favourite phase-shifted spell castors.

Agony in itself is a throwback to the Spectral Agony skill used by Mursaat that, without infused armor, incurred a HUGE amount of damage on those hit by it. In fact the new Agony working in terms of Health Percentage is almost a throw back to the ‘pips’ of degen that we saw back in GW1.

Would I want Necros to be able to use this? Eee gads no, the balance implications alone would be a nightmare for the PvP spectrum. Think about it. That’s armor ignoring damage dealing health percentage damage. You would be effectively ignoring 2 entire stat lines, Toughness AND Vitality with this. So no, we do not need this, and above all else, the game does not need Agony being a player given condition on any class. Especially with all the hub-bub that Ascended armor is making while being relegated to a single dungeon. Introducing the need for Infusion to PvP would cause riots. In fact I would argue that making infusion a compulsory component for PvP would simply gate the PvP community.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

Agony?

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Will Necromancers ever see the ability to use Agony?

No. Why? Because it’s a monster skill.

The whole Fractal Dungeon actually is just throwing back to the first Guild Wars and will very likely begin drawing heavy links with the Mursaat. From the new armor tier “Ascended” to the Infusion slot. These are all hints, in my opinion, to future content involving are favourite phase-shifted spell castors.

Agony in itself is a throwback to the Spectral Agony skill used by Mursaat that, without infused armor, incurred a HUGE amount of damage on those hit by it. In fact the new Agony working in terms of Health Percentage is almost a throw back to the ‘pips’ of degen that we saw back in GW1.

Would I want Necros to be able to use this? Eee gads no, the balance implications alone would be a nightmare for the PvP spectrum. Think about it. That’s armor ignoring damage dealing health percentage damage. You would be effectively ignoring 2 entire stat lines, Toughness AND Vitality with this. So no, we do not need this, and above all else, the game does not need Agony being a player given condition on any class. Especially with all the hub-bub that Ascended armor is making while being relegated to a single dungeon. Introducing the Infusion to PvP would cause riots.

I wonder if we can transfer it off us. We can transfer or could transfer alot of boss attacks. I remember temple of Balthazar fight returning the debuff he put on right back on him for such beautiful numbers.

Agony?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

I wonder if we can transfer it off us. We can transfer or could transfer alot of boss attacks. I remember temple of Balthazar fight returning the debuff he put on right back on him for such beautiful numbers.

Well they’ve warned that traditional conditional removal won’t work. It’ll be interesting to see exactly what we can/can’t do about it, or whether we’ll be able to swap it for a boon using Well of Power.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

Agony?

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Likely not, as in a sense the condition is still removed.

Best guess, the only way to get rid of it is to kill whatever applied it to you in the first place.

Agony?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

I would assume its more a control then a condition, like Quickness, Daze or Stealth. Infusion stat points will most likely decrease its duration not its damage.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

Agony?

in Necromancer

gamefreak.5673

Likely not, as in a sense the condition is still removed.

Best guess, the only way to get rid of it is to kill whatever applied it to you in the first place.

I am not removing it, im just giving it back is all. It will be still counting down and everything.

(edited by gamefreak.5673)

Agony?

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Now that’s one hit potato

Agony?

in Necromancer

Aren.9478

Fair enough, my question is answered. I can see how agony would be OP…..but I would still say that Necrmancers need a condition only they can do.

Agony?

in Necromancer

gamefreak.5673

Fair enough, my question is answered. I can see how agony would be OP…..but I would still say that Necrmancers need a condition only they can do.

We can cause fear to hurt foes. Only good if you are a condition build though. Ok not really that unique.

Agony?

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

or have something that convert overflowing condition stacks (like say applying more bleed when the stack is already full) into direct damage at some kind of ratio (1% of the incoming bleed damage perhaps?).

Agony?

in Necromancer

Aren.9478

Fear can be caused by other classes, I think the warrior has a banner that causes fear. Anyway, fear is not powerful enough in itself to make a build around it. For it to be a viable strength for the Necromancer there has to be a way of making a build that relys on that on power/condition/something otherwise it is just a helpful skill/condition/thing that is useful but not so much so for the player to rely on it to get him through the fight. Conditions, for example, are powerful enough to make a build around, as the player can just win a fight with conditions. Sadly, we cannot do the same with fear.

Agony?

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Well there is always Terror.