All the new changes in mind-Power or Condi

in Necromancer

Posted by: marcel.3019

marcel.3019

Hello everyone!

i want to discus a generall quastion about necros today. With the changes to condition damage, the new traitlines, the new movement … oh nervermind we dont got any leap.
however, what do you think is/will be better to do the most damage possible?
A Condi Necro, in Sinister gear to get the most condi dmg ingame possible with our nice curses minor grandmaster trade?

or just the power necro with now 3 grandmasters vailible?

or maybe some kind of hybrid build, maybe sinister/zerker mix. Keep in mind reaper could have some chill as a damaging condition, while he whales the enemys with his giant scrye.

I have a feeling, that Condi Necros now will be meta for us. We can apllay lots of poision, bleeding and vuln in PVE. With Sinister Armor we have Very high condition dmg rating, cause it has Preci and Condi dmg, and that Minor earlier mentiont converts 13% preci into condi damage aswell, also the scepter trade for longer condition duration and even more condition damage.

They said, after a certain point (i guess they said 700Condi damage in the blog post) the condition damage will be higher than atm, because the scaling is changed for bigger numbers above 700. ATM without 13% bonus form preci form that minior we can get 1,6k condi damage ( http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQJArNAA-TxRAABA8AAET5HT7PEq6PGcCAIUPQbKBDAgAMzyMAG6QH6QH6QbmzcmzcmzsUAPqsC-e here a link, thats without 300 points from traid line, with rabid and runes of the undeath.)

So with 25 stacks of might, a fully stacked sigill of corruption we have 2,6k condition damage. As a necro with lots of poision and bleeding tools we should get the most dps out of this.

That are just my thoughts. WHat do you think? I know those numbers are saying not as much atm, but i guess its nice to know, be able to have 2 stacks of bleeding for 33 sec deal 11k dmg to the enemy from Blood is Power. Dont forget it also gives might to nearby allies now!

I feel like we will deal insane damage to bosses in PVE with our conditions soon, and im very happy about that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gexim.3289

Gexim.3289

I’m on the same page as you with this! Keep in mind that the new Lingering Curses raises the BASE duration of scepter skills, so that 5sec bleed and poison from AA no suddently become 10seconds, which we can extend another 100%… With right food and runes setup we’ll be dealing out massive bleeds for 20seconds with AA… I just tested this and with AA alone we’ll be able to keep up 18-20 bleed stacks and 8-9 poison stacks. With the other skills combined we can keep up around 25 bleeds easily, with spikes over 30.

Anoher thing to note is the new corruption trait that causes extra conditions on ourselves when using a corruption skill. Imagine Blood is Power causes 5self bleeds, then we transfer that to a target. Thats 7 extreme long-lasting bleeds with only 2 skills.

At higher condition damage these bleeds begin to tick like a truck. I noticed that you went for duration extending sigils on your weapons: extra bleed and poison duration. Just a tip, don’t do this… You lose out so much possile condition damage for such little benefit here. Just run krait runes for instant +45% on bleeding and take bursting and corruption sigils. You might lose out around 130 condi damage from undead runes but you gain over 400 just from those sigils and you have +25% more duration on bleeds, and extra functionality on elite. Duration on sigils is just so kitten worthless, with Koi Cake you can get +40% general condition duration already…

Koi Cake +40%
Barbed Precision +20%
Krait Runes +45%
Lingering Curses +100% base

That way you’ll be running around 2k condi damage even without corruption stacks or might… When you get those might up, full corruption stacks and vulnerability now working on conditions you gonna see bleeds ticks over 300 easily When you spike over 25 stacks that 7k just from bleeding… Then you pop Epidemic

in Necromancer

marcel.3019

Okay thanks! That was just a try to get as much condi dmg as possible, to show out that condition damage will be more than only vailable on necros.

on the other side i hope my ascendet zerker armor wont be useless now, because power necro is so much fun to me.would be a shame to wait till the reaper to use this one again :/

in Necromancer

Gexim.3289

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQJArNAA-TxRAABA8AAET5HT7PEq6PGcCAIUPQbKBDAgAMzyMAG6QH6QH6QbmzcmzcmzsUAPqsC-e

I’ve slighty adjusted your build here. And I’m around the same base condition damage as you 1,6k (0 corruption stacks, with 25 this will be alot higher), but I have 100% bleed duration and 200% with scepter bleeds. For stacking on high health bosses this is huge.

After the patch base stats will be higher, so more precision → more condi damage.
13% from around 1900 precision = 250
1600 + 250 = 1850

Also stats on gear will get increased, lets say we’ll get another 100 there.
1850 +100 = 1950

Lingering Curses gives +150 condi damage
1950 + 150 = 2100

Add 25 might and 25 corruption stacks:
2100 + 750 + 250 = 3100

Bleeding New damage over time: 2+(0.3*Level):
(0.3*80)+(0.075*3100) = 258 per stack

With 25 vuln: 25% extra damage
258,5*1.25 = 323.5 per stack

— Sorry just getting silly with numbers here

in Necromancer

Gexim.3289

Okay thanks! That was just a try to get as much condi dmg as possible, to show out that condition damage will be more than only vailable on necros.

on the other side i hope my ascendet zerker armor wont be useless now, because power necro is so much fun to me.would be a shame to wait till the reaper to use this one again :/

Zeker will still be the better option in many cases, but it’s just that with the proper build and setup condition necro can dish out some serious damage too It will just depend on what playstyle you prefer I think

in Necromancer

marcel.3019

Thanks for the replies!

Nice number-messuring there, i like it alot! Hybrid will not be vailable i think, for condi dmg you need to focus only on that, and power is the same with 3 stats maxamising dmg there.

some dps-meter mod would be awsome after 23 of june to see what is doing more dmg.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Zerker rules PvE.

WvW, I think you you’ll want to go hybrid.

Power/assassins (zerker if you’re taking deathly perception), but with some condition duration from Runes/sigils, so that your various vulnerabilities and chills and fears and whatevers aren’t reduced to nothing by opposing passive traits.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I will stick to my well o’ mancer.
Max power, Max crit, Max fun.

Perfect survivability in WvW, pretty nice gameplay in PvP and nobody cares about PvE.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

I have a feeling, that Condi Necros now will be meta for us.

No idea what’s going on in PvE, but in WvW/PvP Spite+Curses+Soul Reaping sounds like a lot of fun.

The new Curses traitline with

Plague Sending
Path of Corruption / Master of Corruption
Weakening Shroud

is a perfect addition to the existing power dagger/x + staff meta. Staff gets a huge buff with the new baseline changes and the Soul Marks trait.

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Julius Seizure.4985

Julius Seizure.4985

With the new changes, it feel it is important to note a few things. We are much more effective at self stacking might now. Vulnerability affects both condition damage and power damage.

With this in mind, I feel the most effective build may actually be a hybrid build— Carrion armor, Verata’s trinkets. I may switch to this from my traditional power Necro build…

1 Spite
2 Curses
3 Blood/SR

in Necromancer

Posted by: punahou.3986

punahou.3986

im more interested in how it affects the reaper and his chills mechanics=)

reaper is the reason im out of ESO and AA.

Im thinking armors sets good for necro/reaper

zealot
sinister
rampage

in Necromancer

Gexim.3289

im more interested in how it affects the reaper and his chills mechanics=)

reaper is the reason im out of ESO and AA.

Im thinking armors sets good for necro/reaper

zealot
sinister
rampage

Don’t forget Rabid, since we get alot of extra condition damage from precision