Almost ready to give up

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Donedusted.9846

Donedusted.9846

I’ve played on necro since I was able, through every single BWE and every single stress test. I love the dark atmosphere just playing a necro creates, I love the theme behind the traits and weapons, and I love the art direction that brings it all to life. I love the concept of a magic wielder who dances with death, draining his enemy, sapping their life force and whitttling down their defences until the necromancer stands victorious upon their cold body. It’s just awesome.

Since BWE1, I have watched the necro go from dizzying heights of OPness, through to mediocrity, through to the state it is in today. I have lived in brief hope as Anet told us that the necro was due some love that never transpired.

I know that Anet have been busy with the launch of the game, but now I feel like I am just defeated. As everyone else begins to truly understand their profession and become better players with every day that passes, I am watching how poorly necros perform and how fundamentally flawed the profession is . It has now got to the point where I do not feel that I am contributing to my team, either in pvp or pve, but rather I am a hindrance to their success.

I don’t want to give up playing my necro but the fact is that it now just feels like I am playing a broken class, and playing with anything that is broken just isn’t fun. The truly annoying thing is that there isn’t any other class that I want to play, so really the only option for me is to down tools and watch and wait for Anet to give some kind of signal or statement indicating that the necro will be given the love they promised.

Does anyone else feel this way? I’m sure by now that it’s not just me. How soon before we see changes for the better?

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

Yes, most people feel similar, you should have checked the topics already in the forum – most of them have the same posts like yours.

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monarch.4026

Monarch.4026

Many feel like you do. The more that make that known then the more arena will have to eventually respond. Post away.

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

Does anyone else feel this way? I’m sure by now that it’s not just me. How soon before we see changes for the better?

Yes, I feel the same. I got my necro up to level 50 and have put it aside until the necro class gets fixed. I love the warrior skills so I am having fun again this time levelling a warrior.

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Imagine.8623

Imagine.8623

It’s like two weeks into the game. No one really know how to play the game yet, that type of stuff doesn’t get figured out for possibly years. It’ll take some time before folks figure out what skills and weapon combo is the best (or really, exactly what role a profession sits); complaining about being under/overpowered this early is kinda silly.

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wombatt.2546

Wombatt.2546

I don’t know what you all are talking about. My main is a lvl 71 necro, and I’ve been able to solo nearly the entire game this far. I use an axe/dagger and staff, and just roll. I don’t pvp, so I can’t comment on that, and they’re slightly under powered for dungeons (though their utility as condition eaters and aoe healing, plus snares and blind is good for the benefit of the team)

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

I agree with Wombatt. My Dagger-Dagger/Staff Necro is a monster in PvE and I’ve been having some really great success in PvP as well.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried using and speccing for Wells? They are awesome, especially the AOE Blind Pulse well. With sPvP, that specific well blinds, chills, life syphons, and added protection to allies on each pulse due to the traits I’ve chosen. It’s perfect for defense or for assists in fights and it wonderful in dungeons.

The class isn’t perfect, but it’s a long shot from broken.

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

I don’t know what you all are talking about. My main is a lvl 71 necro, and I’ve been able to solo nearly the entire game this far. I use an axe/dagger and staff, and just roll. I don’t pvp, so I can’t comment on that, and they’re slightly under powered for dungeons (though their utility as condition eaters and aoe healing, plus snares and blind is good for the benefit of the team)

You can solo with every profession in this game – killing mobs is not difficult at all, necromancers are underpowered in PvP when you compare it to other classes, for example war or thief. War can kill necromancer with bull charge+100 blades in ~2 sec.

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nismu.4019

Nismu.4019

i just tried bit www with my level 12 engineer and felt like i was doing so much more than with my level 80 necromancer. My grenades were destroying the enemies on walls and their cannons and oils and so on. and once gate broke just go with mass and set everything on fire with flamer. and the burnign damage wasnt that much behind what 10 stacks of bleed would do even my necro has carrion gear (mix of rare and exotic still)

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tukor.7514

Tukor.7514

i agree with the OP

I leveled my necro to 80, and 30min after leveling it, i was playing a thief.

And more fun with the thief in 20 levels than with necro in 80 (and much more kills in WvW)

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mallix.4853

Mallix.4853

Are you guys kidding me? My necro DESTROYS in spvp. People literally COMPLAIN to me that I’m so OP.

I’m running a dagger build similar to this one:

ALSO: You guys probably are not abusing Death Shroud enough. It has more uses than you think. That video shows many uses of it.

I don’t know what you guys are smoking, but I tear things apart, and hold points like a boss.

I see so many people complaining about the Necro. They are a strong class. You probably just don’t like their mechanics is all.

(edited by Mallix.4853)

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Are you guys kidding me? My necro DESTROYS in spvp. People literally COMPLAIN to me that I’m so OP.

ALSO: You guys probably are not abusing Death Shroud enough. It has more uses than you think. That video shows many uses of it.

I don’t know what you guys are smoking, but I tear things apart, and hold points like a boss.

I see so many people complaining about the Necro. They are a strong class. You probably just don’t like their mechanics is all.

Your playing a pick up game vs bad players. Most of your fights are 2v1, with you getting help, or you would have lost. You do very little damage.

Not sure what you were trying to show.

Setnnex-Necro

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zelkovan.2630

Zelkovan.2630

That guy had only 3 1v1’s in which in the middle of the fight a teammate came in every single one. Not to mention those players were also missing a lot of their skills. TBH, this isn’t a good example. A better example would have been a tourney or something else along those lines.

Trust me, the other day i was destroying with a build somewhat similar to the one in the video. I felt pretty darn good about myself. Then i ran into people who knew what they were doing, and i got my butt handed to me because of how much more effective they were. There is a big difference between a unskilled player and an averagely skilled player.

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mallix.4853

Mallix.4853

I find myself in a lot of 1v1’s with skilled players who sometimes beat me, and I would sometimes beat them. It’s all about knowing what they can do and playing your skills right. I also won a 2v1 alone today.

For example, I have a trait that gives me retaliation upon casting Death Shroud. I use it when I know the player is going to use a high damaging move.

There’s A LOT to this game, and it’s way too early to say Necros are a weak class.

So far, they seem PERFECTLY viable.

And everything you just said, Zelkovan.2630, can be applied to ANY class in the game.

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

It’s like two weeks into the game. No one really know how to play the game yet, that type of stuff doesn’t get figured out for possibly years. It’ll take some time before folks figure out what skills and weapon combo is the best (or really, exactly what role a profession sits); complaining about being under/overpowered this early is kinda silly.

It didnt take me 2 days to realize minions were terrible and 100% trash. So your claim that no one really knows how to play is a bit far fetched. Unless you are saying minions are perfectly fine in their current form? How long do you want us to wait until its OK to complain about obviously broken stuff, like minions? The faster ANet learns whats broken the faster it gets fixed.

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: endscape.7538

endscape.7538

Yep nobody knows how to play except Thief’s, Mesmers and Warriors…. Now, this wouldn’t have anything to do with their classes being better designed than hours right? Yeah you are probably right, all the people that know how to play play those 3 classes and all the bad players are on Necros and Elementalists.

/sarcasm off

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Yep nobody knows how to play except Thief’s, Mesmers and Warriors…. Now, this wouldn’t have anything to do with their classes being better designed than hours right? Yeah you are probably right, all the people that know how to play play those 3 classes and all the bad players are on Necros and Elementalists.

/sarcasm off

LOL to funny. Your right. man i wish i new how to play then I would be playing a Theif, Mesmer or Warrior as well. Oh well looks like i am stuck with all the other noobs still playing a Necro.

Setnnex-Necro

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: adude.1260

adude.1260

It’s kinda weird to see all these thread saying that people arn’t enjoying the Necro class.

I am just now, at level 53, getting into the swing of it. Running around with a staff and dagger – droppn’ wells, going in and out of Death Shroud, using my minions (which are not useless if you use their combat skills) to knock down/paralyze dudes.

The more I understand how and when to use certain skills, the more I am seeing how I can help/be effective in small group battles (like Dungeons) and what not.

There was awhile before I had most of my skills filled out that I wasn’t quite sure what I should be doing in battle, but now that I have someone effect armor and a better understanding of how the skills work it’s been a blast.

Maybe the Necro class just isn’t for you ? I know that I also enjoyed playing doing the a Mesmer/Necro Combo in GW1 with Livia as a MM… So the class has always been fun for me.

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: HxCFTW.8192

HxCFTW.8192

I love playing my necro but I think it needs a bit of a buff. It is underpowered and lacks the damage to compensate for it’s light armor. I would like to see it buffed up a little

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I haven’t had any issues with my necro, but I’m focussing mostly on PvE. But it seems most of the complaints are about necro PvP right?

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Serenity.6304

Serenity.6304

There is a difference in WHAT you play with your necro.

PvE: Almost every profession can do well in PvE, so usually problems are not easy to be seen here. Maybe some bugs, that’s it. (there is a huge list of bugs atm!)

PvP:

a) Normal / not-structured: Not that important, often messy and ppl running after ppl, in 1 vs 1 you can test a few things but generally you can do fine with a necro since you actually have to conquer some points etc. and that’s it to get most of the points.

b) Strcutured: Here you can see that the necro is not a well-balanced class. (http://www.teamparadigm.net/forums/Necromancer/374/The-Sorry-State-of-the-Necromancer-in-SPvP-Long-Post/) Many issues and bugs.

Yet it is possible to enjoy the necro! I like the profession though there are so many issues with it, but complaining here (even if it sounds harsh) is important since it is the only way to change something!

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: AuraofMana.1279

AuraofMana.1279

Necromancer does have problems in PvE. Being able to go through PvE and level fine is one thing, but not being able to do it as easily or as fast and efficiently as other classes is just seriously bad. The Necromancer is not a class designed for burst which is fine but you should still be able to roll through PvE with sustained damage. Because how minion AIs are bad and… let’s be honest here, minion damage is pretty weak even if AI worked, the Necromancer is going to be worse than everyone in PvE.

Right now all you have is condition damage and frankly it’s not that great in PvE. Other classes do it a lot better. If you have never played a Warrior to high level (60 or so), don’t reply talking about how the Necromancer is fine or L2P. You’ve seriously never played a GS or dual-axe Warrior that just tears everything apart… 5+ mobs at a time. They would run in, kill 3-5 mobs a couple of levels above them within 10 seconds and come out with 80%+ HP. Best of all, they don’t need to blow any long CDs.

Necromancers don’t get that treatment. That’s what everyone is saying.

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: Donedusted.9846

Donedusted.9846

Well, after the latest patch notes in which necromancer is completely ignored, I’m going to put the game down for a few weeks until Anet have fixed things.

I really only like to play pvp and wvw, so at the moment there is literally nothing for me to do.

PvP – no one wants me as a necro (other classes do everything better)
WvW – queues are too long (I can only play 2 hours or so a night…the queues are longer than this)
PvE – I find it a bit dull and don’t get gold on DEs anyway.

If I liked playing a different class then this would be a solution but I don’t, so going to take a break.

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

my first post on the official forums:

today is the day I quit the necro. Thx AN.

Almost ready to give up

in Necromancer

Posted by: BCDragon.5614

BCDragon.5614

You can solo with every profession in this game – killing mobs is not difficult at all, necromancers are underpowered in PvP when you compare it to other classes, for example war or thief. War can kill necromancer with bull charge+100 blades in ~2 sec.

Holy crap… is it really hard to understand that not everyone PVP’s? And if all the negativity for this class is because of that, then people have some serious issues and I highly suggest playing a different class.