Am I the only one who

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

does not care about minions?

I see a lot of complaints about minion AI and stuff.. I dunno I always hated the concept. It’s the laziest thing. They attack for you and you watch. ANet tried to make them more interesting by giving them active skills but to me it’s just another button to press except it matters where the minion is and that’s annoying.

So like I don’t care if they never fix the AI. I still wouldn’t use them.

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

Amen Brother………………………………

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

No, you aren’t, but plenty of people like using them and the fact that it is a broken mechanic is terrible.

Jesusmancer

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I care.

[qT] Necro main.

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kotte.2460

Kotte.2460

heres something when running mm build. use knight amulet with either dol rune, warrior rune, or rune of the nightmare( irc the fear one/condi stat) with axe/dagger and staff and air/fire sigils. then the mm are more power added to that and you are not as lazy. does well roaming in spvp and wvw. also can hold points well.

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Or be an oddball like me and run soldier with fighter(brawler) runes. You still do decently well without minions up, but you still need to be aware of how they’re doing and where they are (bone minions and flesh golem particularly.) Frankly, MM isn’t really a lazy build (except in PvE – not dungeons.) Realistically, no Necro build is “lazy.” Every build has an uphill battle against other classes and requires extra effort to do well with and that requires some commitment to continue playing as a Necromancer

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: muckshifter.9731

muckshifter.9731

I care.

me too

Olias

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: elvina.8917

elvina.8917

MM build is so bad that even talking about it is an insult for necro profession :P

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kotte.2460

Kotte.2460

mm is not as lazy as half you people put it out to be. it takes timing with minions abilities and placement of youself and awarness of what your minions hp is at while trying to keep them alive and yourself.
can you stand still and let your minions do everything. sure in pve. but not dungeons, wvw or spvp.

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

My only gripe is with the AI that occasionally bugs out and the minions don’t attack.. (mostly common with the Flesh Golem)

and no the tactic for minions isnt stand back and watch them kill everything..
if you do that then your not even playing the game..

its possible to make a very powerful Minion build which can (if you master it) turn you into a near indomitable force in PvE and a real pain in the * in most PvP games

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

MM is like training wheels for new players but the skill ramp is a very long one to overcome some of the inherent weaknesses outside of open world PvE.

Learning how to use the minion skills for counter-play, watching for and correcting pathing issues that prevent them from being effective, monitoring their positions relative to targets, tanking for and healing them one moment and killing them the next, these are some of the challenges in making minions do jobs they are not inherently suited for.

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I would care more if they behaved more like henchmen and less like children I am forced to keep an eye on lest they get into the cookie jar.

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

Minions are awesome and the strongest necromancer build in spvp right now. I agree that the “inactive” minions bug needs to be fixed.

I enjoy my MM and survived the terrible SPVP meta of late to get to rank 80 by riding my MM to victory. I won 90% of my games.

(edited by lordhelmos.7623)

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I do not beleive MM is the strongest necro build in pvp right now. My bm,spite,curse wells signet build will out tank it and out dps it. Signet builds are our strongest build especially since they fixed stab corruptions.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Amen. As soon as I found out you could only have one up at a time and the go on full cooldown when they die, I was out.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Yeah I don’t care about minions at all Kappa.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: States.6387

States.6387

Minions seem to easy to counter and they dont work half they time.
Pop some aoes in pvp and the minions are gone, along with their abilities / buffs they provided you. That or use the environment around you to keep them from getting you (only works with ranged builds obviously though)

The idea of minionmancer is alright but i think their actual effectiveness in pvp is weak. Maybe if they had infinite hp and their lifetime was put on a timer instead i’d actually care for them.

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krileon.8913

Krileon.8913

I care about minions.

What is the purpose of this topic? You want them to remove minions? I don’t get it. How is this even remotely beneficial. Do you expect every aspect of every class to be appealing to you? I sure don’t, because that’s unrealistic so congratulations, you don’t like 1 of the 4 skill sets. I don’t like corruption or wells since we’re sharing.

Am I the only one who

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Minions seem to easy to counter and they dont work half they time.
Pop some aoes in pvp and the minions are gone, along with their abilities / buffs they provided you. That or use the environment around you to keep them from getting you (only works with ranged builds obviously though)

The idea of minionmancer is alright but i think their actual effectiveness in pvp is weak. Maybe if they had infinite hp and their lifetime was put on a timer instead i’d actually care for them.

That can work yes but if you are fighting a MM that knows what he’s doing then thats another scenario entirely

We currently have 6 Minion skills right..
Blood Fiend, Ranged attack stays out of combat range and heals the Necro
A good MM is going to want to keep this one alive and out of combat range

Bone Minions.. disposible suicide bombers
they can be killed easy enough but their main focus is going to be get near you and self destruct.. crippling your ability to heal

Bone Fiend.. Ranged attack which can be imobalized at will to cause imobalize to enemies..
A good MM is going to also keep this one out of Melee combat and use it to control your movement

Shadow fiend.. Melee attacker that can teleport to you and blind you.. not the most effective but still reletively useful.. and if you are playing against a good MM who knows when to use this minion then he could very well screw you out of one of your big hitting attacks

Flesh Wurm.. Ranged stationary attacker that gives the Necromancer access to Teleport and a stun breaker along with a quick exit should the Necro need to run.. far more useful than people think it is

Flesh Golem.. powerful Melee attacker which can be buffed to be increadably tanky for a minion.. has a large charge Knockdown interupt that can be used as a quick escape from AOE or to interupt a foe or to split minions apart to protect them from AOE

a good Minion Master will be familiar with all of these skills and their practical uses..
not to mention his own abilities to manipulate his opponants movement and interupt them..

yea you can whipe out a party of Minions with a blast of AOE.. but a experienced Necromancer is going to expect this and will attempt to counter it or defend against it

and another thing regarding minions too.. they don’t exactly have long cooldowns either..
and with death shrowd its not entirely difficult for a Necromancer to take advantage of that mechanic as a way to buy some time for his minions to recharge.

fighting a Minion Master and fighting a seasoned Minion Master are two completely different thing lol