Ankle Bitër WvW Videos/specs 6/20/13*

in Necromancer

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

Not much editing in my videos, like to keep the raw footage.
Title change — using my asura necro name now.

Newest video.

Solo Videos.

1. http://youtu.be/Hw_LTWB4nwM <— solo wvw

2. http://youtu.be/ZS7oykd31MA — 2nd solo wvw

Group videos – Most videos are usally 5-6 man. No more then 10.

1. http://youtu.be/BcrxNaBTp1Y

2. http://youtu.be/UbS9R5iJ4SY

3. http://youtu.be/aN68lovjo3E

4. http://youtu.be/qdQbrJepQ9M

5. http://youtu.be/_bnSbAnrlbM

6. http://youtu.be/_5Mt628kNcU

7. http://youtu.be/KE9lMUu8X8c

8. http://youtu.be/4g00mpGSCI0

Specs used in videos

30/15/10/0/15 – Power – Dagger/Focus or Dagger & Staff

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mmV9om9mm9mxfa0fVkbmMc

0/30/20/20/0 – Conditions – Staff & Scepter/ Dagger

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mmV9ixGG0MkqMVmc
30/30/0/10/0 – Hybrid – Dagger/Focus and Scepter/ Dagger — only used in 2nd solo video

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mmV9wxx0a0Vaqmkqc

My current spec isn’t on here will update it when i can.

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

(edited by subcrazy.1098)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bedlam.3562

Bedlam.3562

After playing ele and moving to the necro I noticed that the necro is very weak to the ele but I enjoy it a ton.

I have some solo play recorded(not in this video) but its a lot tougher to solo as a necro.

8 classes in this game and only 3 are really viable to run solo with. Necro’s not one of them.

It’s an underdog class and I give you props when you try to run solo with it. I have an 80 one which I’ve shelved because there isn’t anything a solo necro can do that another class can’t do, but better and with less frustration.

Also, I’m pretty sure I’ve fought you a couple times since I’m from BP and I see you’re using Snow Leopard as your elite.

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Also, I’m pretty sure I’ve fought you a couple times since I’m from BP and I see you’re using Snow Leopard as your elite.

Ya I use it cause the dmg is ok, I hit for like 3 -4k with it . The main reason is for the spd and or the stealth if i have ppl on me it helps me get away. or lose ppl better in the zerg. Didn’t need it in these fights tho.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

video update

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

After playing ele and moving to the necro I noticed that the necro is very weak to the ele but I enjoy it a ton.

I enjoyed watching the solo, gave the first like and comment :} You say necro is weak against elementalist, I cant disagree since i havent used elementalist or agree because of the way the necro class is. I was curious so i watched the vid again and what i dont understand is why for almost all the solos you are either using epidemic or corrupt boon, or both. Corrupt boon i can understand (Wells or flesh wurm would have been better though) but why epidemic?

Another thing is why use a staff? Its slower, and you are always staying close to the targets even against melee. You do more damage with a sceptre, can cripple melee faster which wuld have made you avoid draining the shroud in the second fight. You can also use a focus with it then use twin daggers so you can get some blinds in.

The fight at 1:31, that was pretty fun to watch and you had her nicely surprised, you froze which was alright since you are using staff already. The thing is you got close enough to use blood is power, switch to dagger (a second would have been nice here) , immobilize and tear her apart but you didn’t . It would have taken the target a few seconds to realize what just happened, by then it might have been too late (especially if you switched to well of vulns.

The dude at 2:12, again the staff really doesnt help in close combat. When he turned into a dust storm or what ever it is, you could have switched to D shroud and used fear since you were already too close to start casting a mark. Also the guy is melee getting close to him like that just forces you to drain D shroud. Noticed you just tried to get behind him though. i dunno what weapons he had but staying away from him and crippling, freezing and immobilizing him might have been better.

The elementalist was tough yea but you didnt transform :{ Im also not sure why you are using Spec walk (the move at 3:30 was pretty sweet tho)

The last fight was pure win.

In the end it looked to me that elementalist is simply easier to use in solo than necro thats why you think necro is worse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

nice, but lack of lich form in group play is epic fail imo. also, youre not aggressive enough with your life transfer. you should be going in there and hitting it on every CD.

glad to see power necro is strong cuz i plan on rolling one. condition bots are for kittens.

also was it just me or is there a concerning lackage of Sigil of Superior Fire?

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Necromancer

Ragion.2831

lols, you mean superior sigil of fire? or did i miss a patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

The dude at 2:12, again the staff really doesnt help in close combat. When he turned into a dust storm or what ever it is, you could have switched to D shroud and used fear since you were already too close to start casting a mark.

That wouldn’t work because Tornado grants Stability while it is active.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MeanMug.2630

MeanMug.2630

The dude at 2:12, again the staff really doesnt help in close combat. When he turned into a dust storm or what ever it is, you could have switched to D shroud and used fear since you were already too close to start casting a mark.

Haven’t had time to watch the vids yet, but Corrupt Boon turns Stability into Fear…just sayn.

in Necromancer

Ragion.2831

Yea i wondered about that, so i checked, didnt see a stability boon, or does it look like something else in tornado form.

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

I enjoyed watching the solo, gave the first like and comment :}

Thanks

You say necro is weak against elementalist, I cant disagree since i havent used elementalist or agree because of the way the necro class is. I was curious so i watched the vid again and what i dont understand is why for almost all the solos you are either using epidemic or corrupt boon, or both. Corrupt boon i can understand (Wells or flesh wurm would have been better though) but why epidemic?

1st off let me say thanks for all the feedback and questions and taking the time to watch the video. Its great you didn’t come on here and say its kitten.

Ok so I double checked the video epidemic was only in the 1st fight and I forgot to change it out(brain fart). Corrupt boon was to counter eles since there are a lot of solo ones but in the end I started changing it out as u can see in some fights. I seen better options for solo play(videos are not in any order so u may see utilities all over the place). I like wells and I don’t like them cause ppl know to get out of them most the time.

Another thing is why use a staff? Its slower, and you are always staying close to the targets even against melee. You do more damage with a sceptre, can cripple melee faster which wuld have made you avoid draining the shroud in the second fight. You can also use a focus with it then use twin daggers so you can get some blinds in.

I like staff cause of the aoe attacks a lot of times most fights are not solo and staff 3 gives me a aoe chill and poison. Staff 2 also gives a hp regen. The dmg on staff is decent but slower yes. Also Staff gives me the 2nd fear. At 2:56 of the video u will see me use it as I fear the guy off the downed thief so he didn’t start to rez which helped me get the stomp off. I did run with 2 daggers to start with but changed to focus for the 2nd chill. I do miss the dagger blind tho. Aslo the 2nd regen from focus 4 plus the vul on the target.

The fight at 1:31, that was pretty fun to watch and you had her nicely surprised, you froze which was alright since you are using staff already. The thing is you got close enough to use blood is power, switch to dagger (a second would have been nice here) , immobilize and tear her apart but you didn’t . It would have taken the target a few seconds to realize what just happened, by then it might have been too late (especially if you switched to well of vulns.

I see what you mean here but I was assuming with me getting the jump she would blow her blink if I dagger3 on her, was trying to save it didn’t work out but maybe with getting the jump I should of been a bit more aggressive.

Ya eles get stability in tornado and pretty sure u cant corrupt boon them either but not 100% on that I will try to test it with a ele buddy and see.

The elementalist was tough yea but you didnt transform :{ Im also not sure why you are using Spec walk (the move at 3:30 was pretty sweet tho)

The last fight was pure win.

In the end it looked to me that elementalist is simply easier to use in solo than necro thats why you think necro is worse.

I like spec walk and been using it more the spd is nice 33s at 33% movement and its a stun breaker.

The last fight was funny I didn’t see anyone for like 10min and I didn’t want to lose him lol.

The ele is better for solo, but now that I have more time under my belt with the necro. I think there = in group play. Thanks again man.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Yea i wondered about that, so i checked, didnt see a stability boon, or does it look like something else in tornado form.

Stability is in tornado for sure I checked, I’m not sure if u can corrupt it, I’ll have to test it.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

nice, but lack of lich form in group play is epic fail imo. also, youre not aggressive enough with your life transfer. you should be going in there and hitting it on every CD.

glad to see power necro is strong cuz i plan on rolling one. condition bots are for kittens.

Lich is like putting a target on your head. As a necro I find I get targeted a lot. I don’t want to help ppl find me. Since I get targeted a lot I like snow lep for the stealth and spd to lose ppl.

I like sigil of rage cause ppl don’t see it coming also if u get a good proc u can even quickness stomp you see it in action in the group video. Focus I use 5% dmg sigil. Staff I want to use blood lust but im poor and dont have the coin atm lol.

Life transfer I try to save when I need hp, at times tho I should of used cause I was low on hp. I cant see why I would use it to do dps with full or close to full hp unless I’m chasing a target that’s almost dead.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dylninja.4216

Dylninja.4216

Only critique i can say is use Life Blast more!
when some is coming at you drop the chillblains pop ds form and smack a few times with Life Blast.
As a power necro my goal is to make the opponent put his heal skill on CD before me

[PRO] The Protectorate of Fort Aspenwood
Shrouded Bomber

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Only critique i can say is use Life Blast more!
when some is coming at you drop the chillblains pop ds form and smack a few times with Life Blast.
As a power necro my goal is to make the opponent put his heal skill on CD before me

Ya i noticed I don’t use it enough, hope you enjoyed the video.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

Tornado can be corrupted. I actually found the solo one pretty enjoyable. You seem to know what you’re doing. My only beef was during the fight with the elemenstalist. He healed 3 times I think? A couple of the heals were easy to miss and anyone would have done the same.

The one at http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Hw_LTWB4nwM#t=308s though I was like OMG USE DOOM kitten lol otherwise nice vid.

Also that snow leopard was awesome. :P

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

thanks for the comment ruufio.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

Watched both vids, nice stuff. Others have mentioned things, but one thing I noticed that I haven’t seen mentioned is food buffs. Lots of fights where you have none on. I know it gets missed in the heat of battle when they wear off. Maybe I am being nit picky but IMO you would be doing yourself a huge favor to stay on top of that a bit more.

Doesn’t look like we will be fighting next week, I have enjoyed the past two weeks. I wish you and your guild the best.

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Ya the food I forget a lot lol. But we will be fighting next week so hope to see you out there. Glad you enjoyed them.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

Loved the videos! I could learn some good tactics. Thanks.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in Necromancer

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Not sure in a group setting why you chose not to run wells/Plague form

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Not sure in a group setting why you chose not to run wells/Plague form

I use snow lep so i can stealth and use the spd to lose targets of me when I get focused, it wasn’t needed in any of those clips.

Epidemic I like better then wells cause i spread everything and its up every 15sec — even tho in that video. I don’t use it a lot cause i only been playing necro for 2 weeks still learning.

Corrupt boon is great to take down guard healers faster.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Loved the videos! I could learn some good tactics. Thanks.

Thanks. Glad you liked it.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

updated new solo video

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I’m going to be honest with you, so please don’t take this the wrong way. I’m in no way trying to say you’re bad or anything like that.

Overall, I can’t say that I’m impressed. You fought a lot of up leveled players in those videos. That is not something I would be showcasing as an example of good PVP. You did have a couple of good fights, but the overall quality of your opponents wasn’t great.

The thieves were especially bad. Only one of them even tried to CnD you. The other two… I don’t know. One was a terrible heartseeker spammer and died because of it. The other one that tried, and failed, to burst you those 3 times I have no flippin clue what that dude was doing. Again, neither of these two even tried to CnD. Further more, no Shadowstep or Roll For Initiative from any of those thieves? Well, hey, easy kill for you, right?

Your fights with the elementalists were decent. They’re hard to kill. However, only one of them actually tried to escape. Your typical elementalist would have used Ride the Lightning to escape and reset the fight, only to come back and eventually wear you down. They kinda let themselves get killed by you.

I also don’t like the fact that your Snow Leopard racial is more useful than any of the class elites necromancers have. But that has to do with ANet not knowing how to balance elite skills properly.

Again, not saying you’re bad or anything, but the quality of your opponents wasn’t that good.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

I can’t choose my opponents. and its hard to find 1 vs 1 in wvw.

thanks for watching.

also wasn’t that many uplvled like 2 or 3 out of 10 ppl

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Awesome videos! I’m taking my Necro to 80 with WvW in mind. Can you give me some build suggestions? I do like dagger/x and staff offhand a lot, but unsure of what to go with mainhand dagger. Focus does look nice but I enjoy the blind from dagger 4 a lot. If you could direct me to a build page so I can get an idea of what you’re running I would be very happy

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Awesome videos! I’m taking my Necro to 80 with WvW in mind. Can you give me some build suggestions? I do like dagger/x and staff offhand a lot, but unsure of what to go with mainhand dagger. Focus does look nice but I enjoy the blind from dagger 4 a lot. If you could direct me to a build page so I can get an idea of what you’re running I would be very happy

Here is the power build I use the most.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/necromancer#0|0|0|0|0|0|0|30|1215|2333|2242|15|2324|0|0|10|1569|0|0|0|0|0|0|15|1256|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/necromancer#0|0|0|0|0|0|0|30|1215|2333|2242|15|2324|0|0|10|1569|0|0|0|0|0|0|15|1256|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Thank you very much. One last question, what offhand do you use with dagger? Like most of the time?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

I also don’t like the fact that your Snow Leopard racial is more useful than any of the class elites necromancers have. But that has to do with ANet not knowing how to balance elite skills properly.

Any of the class elites would be vastly more effective. He didn’t even use the ability in the video, so at bare minimum a dead Flesh Golem would be just as good. Nevermind actually using it to knock someone down to set up burst / close / create a gap.

Not to mention if Snow Leopard did get used, it’s a full minute longer cooldown than Lich or Plague. With no stability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Any of the class elites would be vastly more effective. He didn’t even use the ability in the video, so at bare minimum a dead Flesh Golem would be just as good. Nevermind actually using it to knock someone down to set up burst / close / create a gap.

Not to mention if Snow Leopard did get used, it’s a full minute longer cooldown than Lich or Plague. With no stability.

He used it in one of his videos. Hilariously, thats ALL he used. He started the fight, and ended the fight, with Snow Leopard form. I didn’t know it could actually do that much damage. o_O

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Since all I fight with is small groups of 2-6 ppl i need something to pull back if we get over ran by zergs, snow lep helps me with this. I could rec this but its not that interesting

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Thank you very much. One last question, what offhand do you use with dagger? Like most of the time?

Focus.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

friendly bump

:)

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

updated with a trailer for upcoming small group video

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Last update for a bit, not as much interest as before it seems.

Cheers.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Loved the fight against the Ele

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Cheers.

It’s not that their isn’t much interest. It just seems like GW2 attacts a unique gamer who would prefer not so much to watch other people play as to read or hear something. I find it a fascinating because in most mmmo’s the videos are huge. I think it has a large part of their being no end game raids which is when you would usually watch videos while waiting for the raid to start.

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Loved the fight against the Ele

Thanks was a fun fight.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Cheers.

It’s not that their isn’t much interest. It just seems like GW2 attacts a unique gamer who would prefer not so much to watch other people play as to read or hear something. I find it a fascinating because in most mmmo’s the videos are huge. I think it has a large part of their being no end game raids which is when you would usually watch videos while waiting for the raid to start.

That makes sense bud.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Updated 1st post, to make it easier to read.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Updated new video

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Bumping someone pm looking for this. New videos soon I hope remade my necro to asura cause I like the look better. So that ate up some time.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

updated

(need more length to post this)

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

added another small man condi necro stuff.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

You got something against Elites? You slot ghost wolf -or whatever its called- and I couldn’t help but noticed the number of moments when a golem or plague would have been perfect!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

The norn elite is our best (and only) get-out-of-jail card. You’ll feel like a thief, going stealth, dashing X yard at full speed and reappearing 5 sec later way out of harm’s way.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

You got something against Elites? You slot ghost wolf -or whatever its called- and I couldn’t help but noticed the number of moments when a golem or plague would have been perfect!

Well since we mostly fight 2-3x our numbers I needed something to help kite at times. It helped a lot with that. I do use plague as well, I guess I use it all the time now since I changed to asura..

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Necromancer

subcrazy.1098

Video update.

LavaFluxx – Ele