Any Good Power Builds?

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Hey I was wondering if there was any viable power builds for wvw/pvp that has decent survivabilty

Bad Elementalist

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

yeah i run a SPvP build that is really nice.

30/0/0/10/30
spite 6, 19, 12
Blood Magic 1
Soul reaping 6, 10, 12

I use ogre runes with zerker trinket. If you want to use soilders thats ok i guess. I also use force in staff and i run d/d fire sigil in one and bloodlust in the other.. utilities i use Well of suffering, spectral grasp and Spectral armor that i can swap out for spectral walk if i need.. Try it and have fun

Lich for for elite i almost forgot.. It does around 5k and all i do is spam 1 while in it.. really only thing worth using in lich form.

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i am running in wvw 20,20,0,0,30 axe/focus +staff main dmg is from DS
using well on the enemy group get into DS and all dmg is crit

good armor 2750, power 3100 crit chance 50%, crit dmg 70% (with food)
this build for group play but can take some average players 1v1 (change utilities for 1v1)

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

In wvw zerging I run with 2.9k power with food buffs and sigil stacks, 21k hp, 1.7k toughness, 42% crit chance, 90% crit damage. (30/10/0/0/30) Not counting fury or might.
When the party prioritizing buffs update comes along we can start using classes like warrior for some fury and guardian for stability so we can drop foot in grave for deathly perception, so that would get me to ~80% (?) crit chance.
I still use last gasp and spectral armor as stunbreaker and protection, so I am incredibly tanky while doing absolutely ridiculous damage.
You should try it out, those wells+staff rotation+axe3+DS5 and 4 numbers are amazing.

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

(edited by ellesee.8297)

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

^- Pretty much same traits as last.
I also stick a staff with it. Bit more AoE/Utility/Slightly more pew pew in DS.
I usually go for Spect Armor in PvE. As protection is nice.
Blood is Power, as the might stacks bump up DS even more.

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

FrownyClown.8402

I am like dagger/warhorn and axe/focus. I created a build with 1700 toughness 2200 power and 90% crit damage. Its a little low on hp though. I was wondering if toughness is better for death shroud and maybe I could drop the need for vitality all together?

Bad Elementalist

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

I am like dagger/warhorn and axe/focus. I created a build with 1700 toughness 2200 power and 90% crit damage. Its a little low on hp though. I was wondering if toughness is better for death shroud and maybe I could drop the need for vitality all together?

You’ll get waaaaay more benefit out of toughness (it does affect DS) than added vitality. Even a Powermancer has ways to deal with ConD, so toughness will do more for you in the long run.

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

You’ll get waaaaay more benefit out of toughness (it does affect DS) than added vitality. Even a Powermancer has ways to deal with ConD, so toughness will do more for you in the long run.

Right because that additional 10% damage reduction~ is worth 10000 hp and 12000 DS especially since DS is still bugged by having some innate damage reduction that doesnt change with toughness (making full soldier/cleric/main toughness builds more tanky normally than in pre small hits, but zerker/glass cannon builds being way beefier than they should).

Necro and Warrior got a 1:1 Ratio in worth of toughness and vitality, focusing on just one isnt very good (or if you have any points in SR it tips the scales a little bit to the Vitality portion).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

FrownyClown.8402

Right because that additional 10% damage reduction~ is worth 10000 hp and 12000 DS especially since DS is still bugged by having some innate damage reduction that doesnt change with toughness (making full soldier/cleric/main toughness builds more tanky normally than in pre small hits, but zerker/glass cannon builds being way beefier than they should).

Necro and Warrior got a 1:1 Ratio in worth of toughness and vitality, focusing on just one isnt very good (or if you have any points in SR it tips the scales a little bit to the Vitality portion).

Is this a confirmed bug? I dont find having vitality that useful if I have a large upkeep of life force that is affected by how much toughness i have.

Bad Elementalist

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gmtsai.6349

Gmtsai.6349

I think you can try to ask Jerry E because he is the only good power nerco in PVP i heard. I never play PVP anymore but I still focusing on which player is actually good and which player sucks.

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chris Elfoulina.2518

Chris Elfoulina.2518

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRAnd4YjMaV6ZaKb87JEoH5St4MRFOGqHrD68hA-jAxAJviox2GKiGruGT5SEVLFQELjA-e

Full berzerger.
I play that build on wvwvw.very strong on small fights.if i am in big zerg i switch d/d with staff and geting ground wells.

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRAnd4YjMaV6ZaKb87JEoH5St4MRFOGqHrD68hA-jAxAJviox2GKiGruGT5SEVLFQELjA-e

Full berzerger.
I play that build on wvwvw.very strong on small fights.if i am in big zerg i switch d/d with staff and geting ground wells.

And if not careful, you insta-death as soon as someone gets close enough to sneeze on you.

0/10/30/30/0
full soldiers gear and accessories
25 stacks of bloodlust
built and designed to be a frontline necro tank leading zergs in with plague and still be effective in DS.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2qamhkp.jpg

(edited by Rigel.3092)

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chris Elfoulina.2518

Chris Elfoulina.2518

I learned to chose my fights but it can hapen.

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Is this a confirmed bug? I dont find having vitality that useful if I have a large upkeep of life force that is affected by how much toughness i have.

By devs, no, but they also denied the true hp value of DS, the hp value of downed necro state, the bugs that are going on with staff and were essentially forced by the top pvp necros to admit that they removed the ds weapon swapping because of kitten and giggles (what was a major nerf) instead of any actual balance reason.
From the community, yeah. Multiple times already (each DS patch/fix improves it, but its still quite buggy). Before if you had anything with secondary toughness stat, your ds would amplify the damage youd take since the armor/toughness value didnt transition in its full to it, but now Zerkers/glass cannons have almost the same defensive value in DS as tanky builds (go to taco the sauceless after fail, hit a fishhead normally, you are dead or on 2-3k hp depending on build, then hit another one in DS, it goes down to 30%~40% depending on build.

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mahedros.9103

Mahedros.9103

SF- Mahedros – Necro [ARG]-
Januz- Ele [ARG]

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

By devs, no, but they also denied the true hp value of DS, the hp value of downed necro state, the bugs that are going on with staff and were essentially forced by the top pvp necros to admit that they removed the ds weapon swapping because of kitten and giggles (what was a major nerf) instead of any actual balance reason.
From the community, yeah. Multiple times already (each DS patch/fix improves it, but its still quite buggy). Before if you had anything with secondary toughness stat, your ds would amplify the damage youd take since the armor/toughness value didnt transition in its full to it, but now Zerkers/glass cannons have almost the same defensive value in DS as tanky builds (go to taco the sauceless after fail, hit a fishhead normally, you are dead or on 2-3k hp depending on build, then hit another one in DS, it goes down to 30%~40% depending on build.

Then, on top of this… Even if it was 100% Vit & 100% Tuf, worked exactly the same in DS.
There is crazy Co-Efficient rules. Because DS takes it’s life force in 1% blocks.
Meaning, if you get hit for 1 damage or 1858 damage, it’s still a 1% block eaten.

So ya’d just think, well more vit = bigger 1% blocks, wayyyy better than tuf!
But, each second it degrades life force. So more vit = more loss per second. Also condi’s ignore armor/tuf.

(I still haven’t tested, if Soul Reaping 130% life force, is still eaten at exactly the same rate as 100%. When I tested it long ago, it actually just meant it took 30% extra to fill the bar, and still ticked down as fast/adsorbed same damage)

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

(I still haven’t tested, if Soul Reaping 130% life force, is still eaten at exactly the same rate as 100%. When I tested it long ago, it actually just meant it took 30% extra to fill the bar, and still ticked down as fast/adsorbed same damage)

I think you read what SR/Hunger does wrong, It increases the transition of HP to LF, LF is gained as a , LF is lost as a %, but its worth is numerical, so more SR increases the base DS by 30 (so from 120~ to 155~ % of hp), but the way you gain life force and lose it kinda stays the same, it just makes sure the enemy needs a bigger hit if he wasnts to do 2% damage instead of 1% in a single hit.

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Phenn.5167

Just to clarify a few things:

1. LF-gen is in terms of percentage based on an actually LF-pool number. LF has the same “numbers” that the HP pool does, and is filled based on percentages of that pool. E.g. if you have 1000 LF pool, and you use a skill that gens 10% LF, you’ll get 100 points.

2. LF-degen is fixed at 4%/second, unless you take Vital Persistence—then it drops to 3%/second. Regardless of how large your LF pool is, these rates stay the same.

3. Damage done to your LF is measured against an heretofore invisible pool that works exactly like your HP pool. E.g. if you take 100 damage, and your LF pool drops from 1000 to 900. It’s represented by a percentage (big difference here), but is still effectively a deduction from a pool. The percentage counter does round up and down, so it’s not always entirely accurate. This is set to be changed in upcoming patches so that you can actually see the total number of LF points you have.

4. Also, the devs stated (I’ll have to go digging to find the comment) that the LF pool is still on 60% of the HP pool, increased to 90% with 30 in SR. I still think it has to do with the dumb choice to represent the LF pool by percentage and not points, but it interacts weird.

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Clever.1302

Clever.1302

Hi guys! I hope this can help on your power build necro
. watch my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEDlP6ERR_M

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Calicoe.5149

Calicoe.5149

Hi guys! I hope this can help on your power build necro
. watch my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEDlP6ERR_M

what is the build? And umm. Is it any good in PVE?

I’m looking to lvl my necro very fast and mow through stories/dungeons quickly.

Does anyone have a build like this for a necro?

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

I think you read what SR/Hunger does wrong, It increases the transition of HP to LF, LF is gained as a , LF is lost as a %, but its worth is numerical, so more SR increases the base DS by 30 (so from 120~ to 155~ % of hp), but the way you gain life force and lose it kinda stays the same, it just makes sure the enemy needs a bigger hit if he wasnts to do 2% damage instead of 1% in a single hit.

When I tested it last… which was ages ago.
It didn’t give extra DS uptime, in damage or per sec tick time. It simply took longer to fill the bar by 30%… Only hindrance, no help at all.

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Phenn.5167

It didn’t give extra DS uptime, in damage or per sec tick time. It simply took longer to fill the bar by 30%… Only hindrance, no help at all.

Yeah this was fixed/patched in the 6/25 and 7/23 updates.

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Again it never gave and never will give more DS uptime, it increases the coefficient of vitality for DS.

Any Good Power Builds?

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

Yeh, I meant it didn’t give more uptime or co-efficient at eating more damage.
As Phenn says, it’s been ‘fixed’ twice now. So might be working as intended ;-P