Any gold tier power necro vid or stream?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

I am pretty experience with necro though more in wvw, I found out that it is different world in spvp(I had some exp there as thief and mesmer). With necro I find myself getting sponged all over the place.

Is there anyone willing to share the power necro mindset or/and tactics, or share a vid/stream of it?

And btw been doing the 10 matches skill rating thingy, it is natural that the level of players there is blend and I could end up with poor players against strong ones, right?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

I cant comment on power necro vid.

But yes you can end up with poor players against better players as rating is not equal personal skill its just numbers that can be farmed as duo q or full solo. So both teams having almost same rating doesn’t mean there are equal skilled players playing in that team.

Your rating = the perfomance of all teams you have played in.

This rating system could only work to show player skills for 1v1 leagues or 5v5 premade team leagues so atm its inaccurate and there are good and bad players in lower divisions and good and bad players also in higher divisions.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

knowing your matchups and how your build aids your team is the most important part of power necro in sPvP. So it depends on your build, what you want to accomplish in on the map, and know what to stay away from in the cluster-!$ of a midfight.

You are priority #1 at the start of a match because you have 0 life force, so expect to get jumped if you run into mid without a plan.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Necromancer

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Noscoc is playing axe+wh/staff on his stream pretty frequently.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

In case you were wondering. Amulet is paladin or marader, rise can swaped for YAAW or cleanse well.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhZ6kjGo8GsbTw2GgeTsgLYUph2wzK+K2FDjQXtAwBA-TZBFABls/ACHCg/LDIwZAAgHAAA

The power build is for 2x DH enemies. If double warrior i get better results on base signet currupts.

It still has same problems as any necro currently, youre not the playmaker. You will relly on team to do effective +1 while you getting killed as a punching bag. You relly on team to peel and help you win XvX fights. You can win some 1v1s with this thing, but its again a bit slow and relies on your team not losing or letting enemy come for a fast 1v2 on you.
Its not bad, nos is top3 NA with it, its just like i whined a while ago – the playstyle is not always fun.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: charrboiledeggs.8164

charrboiledeggs.8164

Stuff

I don’t do pvp cuz of the cancer there but I stream wvw on power reaper most of the time and I have plenty of vids on youtube. Here is one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmsR8ZSUBN8 .
My twitch is twitch.tv/nocturnallunacy
Altho since this new condi no skill meta has been out I havent been taking it very seriously.

Power builds R a dying breed but there R those that retain the skill 2 play them.
Protest & Rally against this no skill meta anet has created.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Wanted to give you my option for a power build, which I feel is a bit more soloQ friendly. I firmly believe Staff is useless for a power build. That’s just my opinion, and everyone should form their own opinions on that.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHbhG2JHNQtNYNNg3mA9mYpWwi3ijxzI1YYOUGg6aBgGAA-TZRGABA8EAO4gAAy+D6XGIgTAAA

Things to note:
-swap Spectral Armor for Plague Signet vs. condi heavy teams
-never swap out Foot in the Grave, Chilling Victory or Blighter’s Boon
-Ghastly Claws will provide 30%ish or more LF when it hits a Chilled foe(CV and BB, that’s why you don’t swap them out)
-use Well of Corruption directly on the point when assaulting, it will either destroy foes on point or more likely force them off the point. This works while defending too but be more mindful with the placement.
-when in Legacy, swap the Well to NCSY/Plague Signet/Spectral Walk. It doesn’t provide as much pressure bc of bigger points in the map so you will benefit more from having other skills.
-Speed of Shadows and Foot in the Grave provide you with a stunbreak on a 7s cd provided you have LF to go shroud. SoS also makes it harder for enemies to kite you while in shroud.
-relies on Might for damage so you usually need to outplay other necromancers (corruption/boon removal)
-watch out for thieves, they will steal your Stab and Might and turn them against you.

General necro and play tips:
-Don’t play too aggressively at the beginning of a match, you need to generate LF. You will usually be targeted by the enemy team 1st, so hang back slightly. It will give your teammates time to compensate and react.
-You are slow, so don’t be the first person to push far. Exceptions do occur but that’s the general idea.
-Don’t use Locust Swarm at the start if someone else is providing Swiftness. Engis, Eles, Revs and possibly Druids will usually do this if they are worth anything. However, when lacking all these, use it.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Stuff

I don’t do pvp cuz of the cancer there but I stream wvw on power reaper most of the time and I have plenty of vids on youtube. Here is one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmsR8ZSUBN8 .
My twitch is twitch.tv/nocturnallunacy
Altho since this new condi no skill meta has been out I havent been taking it very seriously.

Hi!
I used to stream and do youtube vids(my signature) with power reaper only in wvw. But also got really demotivated by the sustain-condi meta in wvw atm. I barly play and if I do I do some quick soloQ’s. I play all classes though reaper is my gem and really disappointed with all the nerfs and crap anet giving it.
P.S
Failed to mention that I will check your stream out!

(edited by Sandrox.9524)