Any tips on fighting PU mesmer?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

I’m having a difficult time fighting them in all the specs I’m trying.

Any tips to this fight?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Are you trying to fight something you can’t even see?
Are you even serious?

All is vain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

It is very tough but not impossible.

fight them like you fight thieves.
They now have the initiative to burst from stealth, even scarier than thieves because we can’t predict at all when the burst is coming since they can remain stealth for a long time.

We can however,
1) if you use staff, lay marks on yourself and give yourself some window of hope to react.
2) Use SR traited stunbreak and stability on DS entry against those currently very popular stun-lock mesmer burst builds.
3) don’t stand around passively if the mesmer enters invis. actively start to destroy his clones and try to build some lifeforce while you do it since the clones no longer do anything to you on death
4) if he blinks away from you to kite you in combat, run in the opposite direction instead of chasing through all his clones and eating all the damage. So nobody dies.
5) don’t waste random dodges now if he goes invis since you can’t predict when his burst is coming at all.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

there is 2 very good “clone-killers” avaible for Necs in Life Transfer and Signet of Locust and with the new GM Signet of Suffering a signet Build can destroy PU Mesmers. It comes down to timeing and skill ofc due to there 100% Stealth Buff but still those 2 Skills is very useful.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

It is very tough but not impossible.

fight them like you fight thieves.
They now have the initiative to burst from stealth, even scarier than thieves because we can’t predict at all when the burst is coming since they can remain stealth for a long time.

We can however,
1) if you use staff, lay marks on yourself and give yourself some window of hope to react.
2) Use SR traited stunbreak and stability on DS entry against those currently very popular stun-lock mesmer burst builds.
3) don’t stand around passively if the mesmer enters invis. actively start to destroy his clones and try to build some lifeforce while you do it since the clones no longer do anything to you on death
4) if he blinks away from you to kite you in combat, run in the opposite direction instead of chasing through all his clones and eating all the damage. So nobody dies.
5) don’t waste random dodges now if he goes invis since you can’t predict when his burst is coming at all.

thank you sooo much, i been playing necro and loving it but mes just kept rekt me i will try this and see if it does the work
the run in the oppsite direction is something i havent done, i always kept chasing them like an idiot and run out of cc and immobile while they dodge away and tear me down

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

np…=D

more tips…learn their killer animations
much harder to dodge now with their high stealth uptime but still good to know…

1) if mesmer is using a sword and a clone spawns right next to you, dodge because he is likely going to blink to that clone, immobilize you and hundred blade you
2) if a pistol clone starts rapid firing you, dodge because he is going to stack a lot of bleed on you…unless you plan to transfer it back to the mesmer…=D
3) if a greatsword mesmer casts a clone near you, dodge because he is about to whirl on you
4) if a mesmer throws a rotating blade at you, dodge because he is about to burst you with his rapid clone creation shatter
5) if a mesmer comes out of stealth…don’t be too eager to burst him because he might have aegis on him so break his aegis first with an auto…even better to wait for him to expend a random dodge if you can…
6) if you are fighting a condi PU mesmer who loads you with condi and then goes invis, don’t wait around waiting for him to reappear…quickly transfer it to one of his clones…because if he chooses to, he might never reappear until you die from the condi…

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

Thanks for the advice!

I just need to keep practicing. I also should probably switch my build up to be more focused on dealing with mesmers vs any other class, because it has been a minimum of 2 mesmer opponents in every game.

What do you think is the best build to fight against them currently on a point?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hi guys

I happen to play both necro and mesmer, in fact a PU condi shatter mesmer, so I can give you some tips.

In sPvP occasionally I run into necros that have soooooo much lifestealing and are so tanky I can literally not do anything to them. I cant get them below 80%, and I figured out the build and I am running it on my necro now, doing good against PU mesmers and thieves.

Build is wells, marks, lifesteal. Gear for sPvP is staff , scepter dagger, runes of Grenth, sigils are Earth and Purity on staff, Earth and Energy on the scepter/dagger. Amulet is Condi / Vitality / Power.

Traited for reduced well CDs and reduced / unblockable marks. Rest of the traits are focused on lifedraining and I use Spinal Shivers. Chill >>>>>> extra bleed stacks.

I run Vampiric Signet, Well of Power, Well of Corruption and Well of Suffering. For elite I havent settled yet between plague and lich, I use both about as much.

Combat against groups is great, just awesome and self explanatory, you have tons of AOE in both weapon sets + wells, combat against mesmers and thieves is great as well cause you can just plop it all down under yourself vs thief and it literally kills itself trying to kill you. Likewise with mesmers.

Power / Crit PU mesmers are a bit tougher cause of their range, but all my AOEs have range as well. Combat against a PU condi mesmers is easier cause they usually need to build up their clones, thus more targets for me to drain. Combat against tanky PU boon shatter mesmers is a stand off. neither one of us can kill each other, literally, so it becomes whoever gets help 1st or walks away from it. Even though I can corrupt boons, they jsut have em right back up and have enough cleansing and healing to overcome any damage that I do.

So its not just PU mesmers, specifically, its power / crit PU mesmers that you have trouble with. And unless you go tank build with a lot of self cleansing and healing, you will lose. Also, you need AOEs cause you need to hit areas where stealther would be, not just single target. A fight against one of those will still be difficult, against the otehr flavors of PU mesmers will be easier.

This build also works absolutely awesome in WvW, with dire gear + runes of melandru and in PvE obviously with a sinister set. For WvW I run staff, scepter warhorn instead of scepter dagger.

In all 3 scenarios I also use shroud a lot and I am traited to steal life and burn on using DS 1 skill while in shroud. Forget stability or crit and all that. Dont use the DS traits for other skills cause the CDs on them is just too long, it becomes a waste.

Hope that helps you a bit.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF