Anyone been running full Dire in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

If so, how’s it been working out for you? Are you running Dhuumfire, and if so, has the low crit rate been a major negative vs. a Rabid build? I’ve been debating building this out for skirmishing around the upcoming BL control points and general small group/solo stuff in WvW, but I still can’t settle on sigils and I’m waiting for more feedback before I drop the gold on a set of Jatoro’s. I’ve also been going back an forth on Runes. Scavenging is an obvious winner, but I like the idea of a feed up utility slot by running Travelers as well. I really can’t make up my mind.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I have been running it some. To be entirely honest, it feels pretty cheap. You are a house to take down, and then because it makes perfect since, with scavenging runes, you get the highest possible unbuffed condition damage with that insane HP and armor.

You do notice a DPS decrease from bleed procs, but dummfire was up most of the time for me and I didn’t really notice that being an issue.

I will be running it next week for sure till I can get used to what the new points are going to be like. I prefer rabid personally, as moar damage really is moar fun. I actually have a good number of clips with that armor in use, but they are pretty demoralizing to watch, and I don’t really want to make a video about that particular combo.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Even before the new runes were introduced, I always figured they never added the CVT stats because of how imbalanced it would be. You basically have the best of both worlds where as PVT users are giving up a nice chunk of damage.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

im a tank with high condi dmg…. I like it.
not fully set up though but so far I can get 155 bleed ticks with stacks then swaping to a dagger with sigil of bursting.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I only run Dire armor+trinkets (Ascended Dire+Rabid) with Rabid weapons, rings, amulet, and back., but I have to say, it’s a very nice change. I didn’t lose much offence (only 12% crit chance lost compared to Rabid armor) and gained a lot of survivability and damage with the Scavenger runes and vitality increase.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I have started using it with scavenger runes but I don’t spec into dhuumfire. Nevertheless I can still get my crit chance up between 35 and 40% with rabid weapons and trinkets which seems enough for me.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: hyman.7526

hyman.7526

I have started using it with scavenger runes but I don’t spec into dhuumfire. Nevertheless I can still get my crit chance up between 35 and 40% with rabid weapons and trinkets which seems enough for me.

^^ I also run dire armor with rabid trinkets and weapons. I have about 35% crit chance. I don’t spec into dhuumfire (I have never liked wasting 30 points to get a mediocre burn when you have enough cond dmg to dps down any class already). It’s such a waste of scavenging runes imo. I run 30 curses, 20 blood, and 20 in the DS tree. No point in wasting the tankiness of dire armor and scavenging runes. With the 20 in blood with the minion siphon hp on hit, you will be so hard to take down. You have about the same or even more regen compared to a healing signet warrior running heal spec (~900-1000 regen) with blood friend and the elite pet up. The traits in the DS line also provides you with extra tankiness. Of course this is for roaming, but you can always swap traits to wells for zergs.